X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GunnersMama
    replied
    Hi Tammy-Rose,

I am in Little Britain, about 40 mins south of you. I am still in Limbo, have my EMG/NCV next week at Toronto General. Who is you Neuro?

Leave a comment:

• Tammy-Rose
    replied
    yea ontario

[QUOTE=Min, The Great;812480]I am also from Barrie, Ontario...

YAY CANADA i am from fenelon falls, which is not too far from you just wanted to say hi. And I am here for you.

Leave a comment:

• Tammy-Rose
    replied
    Callling all Canadians here!

Hello, i am also a fellow canadian, i am from Ontario, I live in a small town called Fenelon Falls. I was diagnosed with ms 2 years ago and what a journey it is. i would also love to hear from other people around our area. About your care,medication and how the battle is going. Your thoughts concerns suggestion and any help that we can give each other. Look forward to hearing from all our fellow canadians.

Leave a comment:

• Mamabug
    replied
    We're a "dual" kind of a family too:
    • I grew up in Saskatoon.
    • Met and married a guy from Kansas. Our kids were born and raised in Kansas.
    • Applied for a Canadian citizenship card for both of my kids, before they were 18, to document their dual-citizenship. They both have Canadian Social Insurance cards too, and are eligible to work there.
    • My 23 y.o. daughter met a Canadian from southern Manitoba about 4 years ago, and moved there. They've been married about a year and a half and live in Winnipeg now. She is currently a nursing student at University of Manitoba. She has worked as a head cook on a local rural golf course for the past 3 summers.
    • She has tried, so far unsuccessfully, to talk my 22 y.o. son into moving there. She misses him.
    • I'm still a Canadian citizen; have not changed my citizenship. Have a resident-alien card ("green card").
    • My dad, and my siblings and their families still live in Canada (Saskatoon and Edmonton).
    • My daughter comes "home" to Kansas to visit about twice a year. And, we go to Canada about twice a year too.

~ Faith

Leave a comment:

• sheem
    replied
    Hi, I'm not Canadian (wish I was!) but my husband is. I've been to Vancouver, Montreal, Ottawa, and few towns around all 3 cities. My husband is from Quebec but lived in Ottawa when we met. He moved here to America last year (2012) because of the Angela Chester case. She also married a Canadian but they refused to allow her to move there officially because she had MS. So we didn't even try, and he became a permanent resident here in the US a couple of weeks ago. However, I really wish that I could have moved there. I've always loved the country, and think its better than here!

Leave a comment:

• CaroleL
    replied
    Sorry! I just saw that but I don't know how to put in in. I'm going through personal options now. You can put the name I have for Skype but send through gmail.

Leave a comment:

• KeepinCool
    replied
    Hi Carole,

I can't seem to find your email. I don't think it's in your profile and I don't/can't use Skype.

If it's here somewhere, point me in the right direction and I'll find it.

KeepinCool

Leave a comment:

• CaroleL
    replied
    Thank you for responding KeepinCool,

I have an appointment with a neurologist at the civic. I don't want to see this doctor!

My daughter got a call saying that I was accepted at the General Campus MS clinic, but they haven't yet called me.

I wanted to know if the civic Neuro would have anything to do with this clinic.

Does this clinic do the testing, what other treatments do they have, etc.

If you send me an email I can give you my phone number. It might be easier than typing everything down. It's up to you.

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• KeepinCool
    replied
    Ottawa General

Hi CaroleL,

I have been to the Ottawa General clinic. How can I help?

KeepinCool

Leave a comment:

• CaroleL
    replied
    Looking for info on Ottawa General MS Clinic

If anyone here attends the Ottawa General Hospital MS Clinic, I would love to hear from you. I have questions about the clinic.

Please help!

Carole

Leave a comment:

• CaroleL
    replied
    Stopped in to say hello. I live just outside of Ottawa.

Leave a comment:

• MizMeesha
    replied
    Ottawa Ontario

Hi Canuckians!

Been around these boards/chat a few months now. Being monitored so no Dx.

M

Leave a comment:

• Rumata
    replied
    New Westminster, BC

Hi everyone!
    New here. Diagnosed in the summer, must have missed the first stages - diagnosed with SPMS right away, by the UBC MS Clinic.
    Been lurking here for a few months, decided to pipe up now - the thread had gone a bit stale ;-)
    Rumata

Leave a comment:

• wife
    replied
    Who is your neurologist? When were you diagnosed?

Leave a comment:

• wife
    replied
    Originally posted by melicerq View Post
    Hi there,
    I also live in ottawa and was recently diagnosed with ppms. I am 35 years old and quite nervous of what is to become. I am a 3.5 on the scale. What are you and who is your doctor?
    I have been slowly progressing - started with a cane and now in a chair. It took 20 years to get where I am now. I am secondary but still have relapses. Dr. Freedman has been with me from the start and he is puzzled sometimes by my relapses. I am presently being assessed for a Baclofen Pump. I have done the needles and the 2 chemos. I am a big advocate for physio therapy and MS. I also have a variety of other health problems. I am 41 and a mother of 2 teens. How about you?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X