X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• monstamoe
    replied
    MSG and things such as aspatane or however it spelled is really bad for MS as it is ....just giving you heads up

Originally posted by si-si View Post
    Hi folks, I just started on Copaxone a month ago and my MS symptoms are getting much worse!! Is this normal?>
    Also-has anyone on Copaxone had a terrible reaction to MSG (Monosodium Glutamate)? It's the stuff that the majority of restaurants and fast food places put on the food to enhance the flavour (ie. McDonalds, Chinese food restaurants and A&W)
    I learned that MSG affects the brain activity and wondered if this has a combined effect with my Copaxone?

Thank you all from Thornhill.
    SiSi

Leave a comment:

• monstamoe
    replied
    Hi,

I was dignosed at age of 19 in 2000 myself. Avonex has been decent, go to St Mike's. Even though I never went based on my stupidity and am trying to get refered after 11 years now, that is my suggestion. Also a hint of advice. I was pretty much your age when I was dignosed. I didn't give it as much attention as I should have. Some of it was because I was young, had other priorities and didn't take this as serious as I should have. I am not saying you will do the same but am just trying to give you advice. I have been very fortunate that I have been really good for the past 11 years BUT it is now catching up and my relapses have become faster... keep looking up but do the necessary things along with staying positive..

Hope you are ok and remain ok!

Originally posted by Bahar-G View Post
    Hello neighbours!

I'm from Toronto and I'm EXTREMELY new to this - officially diagnosed on Tuesday. I guess I started having symptoms last year a month before my 18th birthday but never really thought anything of it since it wasn't bothering me; it was more of an annoyance.

Kinda surprised at how fast things are going. Woke up on the 31st of January unable to speak and moving like a drunkard Spent 3 hours in the ER, got my CT scan, days later had 2 MRIs, and then diagnosed. Should be starting Avonex as soon as I'm done with these steroids!

Quick question - any of you in the GTA who go to the clinic @ St. Mikes? My neuro says he'll refer me if I want to be on top of all the new treatments and everything. How's the clinic @ St. Mikes treating you? Should I stick with my Doc?

Hope everyone's feeling alright! <3

Leave a comment:

• monstamoe
    replied
    In Toronto looking for a decent neuro

My Neuro is not the best in the world, infact I am not confident about him, anyone know of someone decent that will accept patients?

Leave a comment:

• sallylou
    replied
    HI, it is great to have a Canadian page, especially since I am from Gravenhurst, and we dont have an MS chapter up here, it really helps to feel less isolated. My sweetie Chris, is an awesome support, but it is wonderful to connect with others.
    I have remitting/relapsing, diagnosed in January, but started on copaxone in December. I saw somone post about copaxone, which is what i am on, I did remember reading somewhere, that it does take some time to get completely into your system.

Leave a comment:

• Bahar-G
    replied
    Hello neighbours!

I'm from Toronto and I'm EXTREMELY new to this - officially diagnosed on Tuesday. I guess I started having symptoms last year a month before my 18th birthday but never really thought anything of it since it wasn't bothering me; it was more of an annoyance.

Kinda surprised at how fast things are going. Woke up on the 31st of January unable to speak and moving like a drunkard Spent 3 hours in the ER, got my CT scan, days later had 2 MRIs, and then diagnosed. Should be starting Avonex as soon as I'm done with these steroids!

Quick question - any of you in the GTA who go to the clinic @ St. Mikes? My neuro says he'll refer me if I want to be on top of all the new treatments and everything. How's the clinic @ St. Mikes treating you? Should I stick with my Doc?

Hope everyone's feeling alright! <3

Leave a comment:

• Minster
    replied
    Hey, another Barrie native here, nice to see others from my city on this site!!

Leave a comment:

• Beau2006
    replied
    Hi there

Im am rather new to this site, and so far I like it very much....like the idea that you can post, as well, join live chat..

Anyhow I am Gary from Beaumont, Alberta (just a tad south of Edmonton). I was dx with RRMS in Dec 2007 and have been on Copaxone ever since....all in all I am doing pretty good. I still work, enjoy motorcycle riding and things as such. I have a wonderful wife, and 4 kids...the youngest who just this summer turned 18...

I really like to help when I can other people with MS. I find that when a group of people as those who are here in this site get together, it is a great way to share ideas and coping methods....

Looking forward to talking to you all and getting to know you all better...

Have a great day,

Gary

Leave a comment:

• maplepower
    replied
    Hi fellow Canucks

Winnipeg, Manitoba here. What a great find this thread is! Thanks to whoever set it up, thank you! We do have different healthcare issues and a very high incidence of MS. I'm in newly in Limbo-land, but I have confident in my GP. I sure am glad to be getting my CTs and MRIs for free!

Leave a comment:

• si-si
    replied
    Just started Copaxone and MS symptoms worsening!!

Hi folks, I just started on Copaxone a month ago and my MS symptoms are getting much worse!! Is this normal?>
    Also-has anyone on Copaxone had a terrible reaction to MSG (Monosodium Glutamate)? It's the stuff that the majority of restaurants and fast food places put on the food to enhance the flavour (ie. McDonalds, Chinese food restaurants and A&W)
    I learned that MSG affects the brain activity and wondered if this has a combined effect with my Copaxone?

Thank you all from Thornhill.
    SiSi

Leave a comment:

• haikums
    replied
    It's been awhile

Hi all
    Living in niagara region of Ontario with SPMS. Enduring a real rough patch.
    Stay inspired!

Leave a comment:

• miguel
    replied
    Ajax

Hi Everyone,

I'm a 38 year old male living in Ajax, ON. Married with 10 month old twins daughters. I work as an IT recruiter.

I was diagnosed in April of this year with remitting-relapsing MS. I have been taking Copaxone injections for 4 weeks now.

I had my first attack in 2006 when I couldn't move my right properly, but at the time my doctor thought in had a compressed disc in my back.

Trying to stay positive and focused on the future.

Leave a comment:

• sw8689
    replied
    Vancouverite

Hi, I'm from Vancouver, and haven't been on the board in a while, actually a long while...
    My brother also has MS and just left for Cabo for liberation treatment...I don't know the doc or hospital, but I'm looking forward to hearing from him soon. I am a bit concerned, but he has lost mobility and I haven't so it is easier I think for me to wait for the trials.
    Has anyone here had it done?

Leave a comment:

• mclarty55
    replied
    Up to 5 times more than some U.S. states.

Ontario residents pay more for some generic drugs than other jurisdictions. Up to 5 times more than some U.S. states.

That's why the government has made changes in order to save you money. Find out more about this on YouTube typing: Fair Drug Prices: Infographic (from the ontariomohltc channel).

Leave a comment:

• mclarty55
    replied
    I'd like to elaborate on this discussion by sharing my perspective.

Leave a comment:

• Dr Jay
    replied
    hi Yukon:

I am also new to this forum. Has been involved in counseling of patients. A clinical psychologist by profession. Based out of LA.

Good to know you. Keep in touch.

Originally posted by YukonArthur View Post
    Hi there from the Yukon,

New forum member looking to connect with others and keep up to date on the happenings of the MS world.

Little history: Moved to Whitehorse, Yukon in 2002 and was diagnosed with MS in 2003. After living with it for a few years it seems to be RRMS. Overall it is more of an annoyance than life altering but there are times of real struggle and frustrations.
    I used to work in kitchens as a chef but sharp and hot items are not conducive to MS symptoms. I went back to college for Anthropology/Archaeology and spent a few years loving being a student.
    I now work for a fair trade organic coffee roasters part time and enjoy knowing my job helps others in less fortunate places in the world.

I'm looking forward to getting to know others here.

Cheers!

Arthur

Leave a comment:

Working...
X