No announcement yet.

What are you reading now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe we should start a book trading club here on the website, I know I am a voracious reader and in the 2 years we have been in Germany I have bought over 800 books! I should own stock in Barnes & Noble, I'm their best customer!
    One's dignity may be assaulted, vandalized and cruelly mocked, but cannot be taken away unless it is surrendered.

Comment

Oh PS here's a great read for everyone, I email occasionally with the author of the book and can't wait until he writes another one! it is called Honeymoon with my Brother by Franz Wisner it is about a guy who gets jilted at the alter and spends his honeymoon with his brother then they go off and travel the world together, I loved it!
      One's dignity may be assaulted, vandalized and cruelly mocked, but cannot be taken away unless it is surrendered.

Comment

Anyone seen "The Secret" by Rhonda Byrne on DVD? Or read the book? I hear it makes quite an impact....your thoughts?

Comment

A Year of Magical Thinking was not a favourite of mine, felt though, a theaputic book for the author to write, but to close to 'home' for me, having had my husband go through a heart attack and now with stents (I think the stent collasped, causing the author's husband to die so quickly). If you can find Lambs of God, by Marlee Day (I think), an Australian writer, with the book setting in that country - won't read anything quite so unusual a subject. Can tell you more if you want to hear more about it (one of our bookclub reads and it scored high).

Comment

Paola Coelho and his books

On reading many of your comments, I am quite excited to see the variety of books and authors that I would not have thought of. I did notice one of you commented on The Alchemist - author Paola Coelho one of my alltime favourites. May I suggest for those of you who like this author, try Verionka Decides to Die - it is a marvellous story and takes you on a journey that you really are not expecting.

One of our best seller books in Canada (not sure if the book is in the US yet or not, is The Birth House - set in my home province of Nova Scotia, at the time of the Halifax Explosion - early 1900's. The author is now writing about a subject set I believe in New York. Thanks, PaulaMarion

Comment

currently reading "you suck" bu christopher moore.... funny book.... I think I will read "hanniable Rising" next.... movie trailer looks good, so the book has to be 10 times better! lol

Comment

Great book!

I highly recommend Wish You Well by David Baldacci. It is not a mystery, like his other books, but takes place in 1940 Virginia Appalachia. If you like The Secret Life of Bees, you will like this even more. It is now my favorite ever book.
                When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, I used everything you gave me. --Erma Bombeck

Comment

I have read all JA Jance and James Pattersons books triple love them!!

Comment

Hi -
                    I'm now about half-way thru "I Feel Bad About My Neck" by Nora Ephron and it's a hoot! It is also very easy to read and not very big or heavy so it's very easy to hold up.
                    p.s. Even though I'm a guy I still think it's really funny!

Take care - Kevin

Comment

Well finished reading "you suck" and I am not reading "Hannibal Rising", it is pretty darn good so far!!

Comment

I'm currently reading Gulliver's Travels by Jonathan Swift and wondering how in the world I missed such a great read all these years!!!!!!! It is awesome!

Comment

Just finished reading "The Innocent Man" by John Grisham. It's a true story and quite an eye opener.

Starting on "Forever Odd" by Dean Koontz. Should be good.
                          Peace, Tara

Comment

I'm reading "The Girls" by Lori Lansen.

Its about 29 year old conjoined twins with completely different personalities.

When one begins writing her life story the other claims the right to add her two cents by virtue of the fact that their lives are so intimately entwined.

It's well written. I was enjoying it very much until my eyes started acting up.
                            I can see normally now. I'll get back to it. Thanks for the reminder!

Comment

Others

I'm currently reading Others by James Herbert. Since I just started it, the most I can tell you is it's about a man who is allowed to redeem himself of all his past sins. But once he's back, he won't remember what his goals are, he just has to do it on his own, the same way he managed to get into hell. The first chapter introduces what appear to be angels, but if I know Herber, they aren't angels and the main character wasn't really in hell.
                              If you haven't read any of his books, I recommend The Ghosts of Sleath and Haunted. I wasn't as thrilled with The Magic Cottage, but everyone else I know who has read his work really likes that book.
                              Another great book by him is Portence. It's a different more relevant horror story.
                              Monty Python

Comment

Originally posted by samanthalynn
                                Well finished reading "you suck" and I am not reading "Hannibal Rising", it is pretty darn good so far!!
                                So you're not reading Hannibal Rising, but it's good so far. Hmmm. Are you listening to it?
                                Monty Python

Comment

Working...
                                X