No announcement yet.

What are you reading now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am on book #6 of a series by Stuart Woods. It follows the same main Stone Barrington) character thru the whole series. Almost hate to get to the end.

DH and I both read him and haven't found one of his books that we haven't liked yet.

Desinne: I read Lucky Man a few months ago on the advice of Ceci, and it was really good. (an eye opener)

Comment

I just finished reading DEAR JOHN, by Nicholas Sparks....wow he did another great great book...he is my favorite writer that always deeply touches my heart....hugss all,sarah
      mom of FIVE cuties
      "Life may not always be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we shall dance" unknown

Comment

I'm half way through the Joanne Lees story - she's the UK traveller that was abducted with her boyfriend in the OZ outback. The boyfriend was murdered during the ordeal and Joanne managed to run away and hide until the abductor had left and she could seek help. It's a powerful story about courage and determination to see that man caught.
        The story can be upsetting at times, but the descriptions of her emotions and determination are an inspriation.
        Russ
        Russ
        "Think of what you can still do, not what you could do but can't anymore."
        DX June 2003, Avonex since June 2005.

Comment

I'm reading And Never Let Her Go by Anne Rule. I'm only about 80 pages in. Haven't gotten to the murder or mystery yet. LOL! I hope it's good, I love this author but the book is starting to drag a little.

Becca, we love Bill Oreilly, too. I want to get Culture Warrior for dh for christmas. Let me know how it is!
          Jenn-- Proud mom to 2 boys. The teen who drives me up the wall and the 1st Grader who makes me laugh every day.

Comment

Crossing the Rubicon by Michael C. Ruppert
            and
            The Mystical Life of Jesus by Sylvia Browne

I always seem to get myself into these predicaments where I'm reading more then one book at a time. Well at least it is only two this time. Got a tad confusing when I was reading three.
            LOL!
            "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
            Edmund Burke

Comment

One for the money A Stephanie Plum novel by Janet Evanovich So far so good!

Comment

Originally posted by azcoyote
                Vanish by Tess Gerritsen.

I'm currently reading Vanish, and I recommend it if you like thrillers. In fact, I recommend everything Gerritsen has written. I think she's a great author.

I love Tess Gerritsen I alos adore the douglass preston & lincoln child novels

Comment

I am reading two books-----juggling time. I have just started "Blindsided" by Richard Cohen who is married to Meredith Viera. It is a quick read about his life dealing with MS. His grandmother and Dad had the disease too.
                  The other book is a technical but beautiful book on dressage, my passion.

Lea (slide)

Comment

Originally posted by spazcat
                    I love Tess Gerritsen I alos adore the douglass preston & lincoln child novels
                    Thanks, I'll put them on my list.
                    MaryAnn

MS diagnosed 1989

Comment

My DH started reading Carl Hiaasen and likes a lot of them. He gave me Tourist Season to read and I had my doubts, but I'm loving it. It's bloody and strange, but I'm laughing out loud at parts of it.

I'm also reading a very good book by Tony Horwitz called One for the Road. He also wrote Confederates in the Attic and a book about Captain Cook, both of which I thought were great. The current one I'm reading is about him hitchhiking through the Australian Outback. It's really, really good.
                      MaryAnn

MS diagnosed 1989

Comment

Originally posted by msyetiden
                        I always seem to get myself into these predicaments where I'm reading more then one book at a time. Well at least it is only two this time. Got a tad confusing when I was reading three.
                        LOL!
                        me too! ..i'm easily distracted, AND I want to read everything yesterday! ...so i can't wait for the next book ~ I end up starting it early

I read religious Catholic stuff... currently (and since summer) reading "The Mystical City of God", Sr. Mary Agreda... it is an 8volume book ~ i'm only thru 1.5 of the 8... heavy stuff....

I'm also reading the Diary of Saint Maria Faustina Kowalska... another heavy read... these books tend to be a place for me to meditate....not as much a 'story' that takes me for a ride...

I started a couple others over the last month or so..... but am trying not to get attached until I finish at least one of these!

Comment

I was reading anna karenina but got bored silly lol..For my job, I read A boy called It,, very sad but moving story. Tuesdays with Morrie another book I used for a group I Run at my job, great book. Im going to read his other book that someone else listed earlier, Just one more day by mitch albom.I read Lovely Bones not too long ago as well. Good read, different perspective of the afterlife. Another work related book, if anyone has a family member with schizophrenia or serious chronic mental illness is called ..The day the voices stopped by Ken Steele.. great but heavy, graphic read. I got some good ideas from this thread though of what to read next. Thanks
                          Only in the darkest night can you see the stars

Comment

I have read all 3 of Dave Pelzer's books about his horrific childhood. Amazing he not only survived but is able to help others. A Child Called "IT" was heart tearing as was The Lost Boy. A Man Named Dave was really great.
                            I am currently reading Cruises for Dummies and Sacred Cows. Sacred Cows is a lite mystery. Really fun so far.

Joyce
                            Smile! You could change someones day!

Comment

Originally posted by mdolfan
                              Love Hiaasen. You should try Skinny Dip. That was hysterical!

Confederates in the Attic was excellent. I haven't read the other one you mentioned, but I'm sure it's laced with wry humor. I've never been able to look at reinactors and not think "Farbs!"

Donna, I heard about A Boy called It before. Glad to hear something good about it. Sounds like something I definitely want to read.
                              "Super hardcore" cracked me up, and still does every time my DH mentions reinactors! DH is a Civil War buff, I'm not but I still really enjoyed Confederates in the Attic. The Australian book is One for the Road.

I should change my name to I Live to Read!!
                              MaryAnn

MS diagnosed 1989

Comment

Hey Everyone. I just started a new book, I am sure you have all heard of it by now ... if not, I would really concider checking it out .... Its called "A Patient-Expert Walks you Through everything you need to learn and do ... The first year, Multiple Sclerosis...An essential Guide for the newly diagnosed" by Margaret Blackstone ........ I am about 50 pages in and its really great ... it takes you day by day after being dx and then follows with months. It gives you tips about health, doctors, treatments etc. Just wanted everyone to know about it ...... hope you enjoy!
                                No matter how bad things may be or however overwhelmed you feel, just remember to say to yourself that *This too shall pass*

Comment

Working...
                                X