No announcement yet.

What are you reading now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I started reading Angry Housewifes Eating Bon Bons. By Lorna Landvik.
    It's a fun read. jilly

Comment

Originally posted by jilly
      I started reading Angry Housewifes Eating Bon Bons. By Lorna Landvik.
      It's a fun read.
      I've read that, and enjoyed it.

I'm now reading Light on Snow by Anita Shreve, author of The Pilot's Wife and A Wedding in December. My advice if you read this book: Have tissues handy! It's a tender, touching story.
      Auntie Lori (SPMS, taking LDN since 8/04)
      Everything in life is a trade-off.

Comment

I'm reading The Life and Times of the Thunderbolt Kid, and I'm really enjoying it. It was written by Bill Bryson, who is a travel writer. I've also ordered the book he wrote about walking the Appalacian Trail. The Thunderbolt Kid has some very funny parts, especially if you were a kid during the 1950s.
        MaryAnn

MS diagnosed 1989

Comment

I recently finished A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius by Dave Eggers. Has anyone else read this? What did you think of it?
          MEMBER OF MS WORLD SINCE 4/03.

SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10.

Comment

I saw one on our new book shelves today that I had to grab - It's called The Devil in the Junior League by Linda Francis Lee and it looks pretty funny.

Another recommendation for this time of year - A Redbird Christmas by Fannie Flagg. It's a very cute and easy holiday read.

Happy Reading!
            Michelle the Librarian
            Don't leave me stranded here, I can't get used to this lifestyle
            - Talking Heads

Comment

Books I'm reading

I am reading a series by Bodie Thoene that is the Zion Chronicles and love every book! It takes place in the late 1930's when Hitler was becoming a power. It's history and fiction blended wonderfully!
              When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, I used everything you gave me. --Erma Bombeck

Comment

OPRAHS BOOK CLUB

i am going through oprahs book club list...ive read almost all of them and am reading mother of pearl now.
                wonderful book,,,

Comment

Originally posted by slide
                  I am reading two books-----juggling time. I have just started "Blindsided" by Richard Cohen who is married to Meredith Viera. It is a quick read about his life dealing with MS. His grandmother and Dad had the disease too.
                  The other book is a technical but beautiful book on dressage, my passion.

Lea (slide)
                  Cool! Are you a trainer? An equestrian? Both???
                  —Cindy
                  For every day I want to play,
                  I set aside a day to pay.

Comment

I just read Montel Williams book regarding his story of MS. It was a good book, however, it would be nice to have the money and the resources that he has.....we should be that lucky.

Comment

Why You're Dumb, Sick and Broke......

Hello Whiteflag,

I read Conversation with GOD by Neale Donald Walsh a few years ago. I would read and react so emotionally that I threw it against the wall on at least 3 different occcasions.

However, I did finish it!!!

I am now reading
                      RANDY GAGE and his book is called:

Why Your're Dumb, Sick, and Broke....

Trust me I do not agree with every thing he writes yet it is difficult not to see his point of perspective. He knows how to crunch the stinking thinking.

If you enjoy Converation with GOD you will enjoy Randys book.
                      It can be found at Amazon for under 20 dollars hard cover.

Warmly,
                      Christina Thompson
                      Arizona
                      [/quote]
                      Originally posted by whiteflag

A great book is Neale Donald Walsh's "Conversations With God I, II and III"

Comment

Too many to list!

I am reading, The Audacity of Hope and The Alchemist. Both are great reads. I just finished Cross, by James Patterson which was interesting but a very heavy hardcover and I had a hard time holding it. LOVE TO READ!!!

Comment

I'm glad I can still read

Hi - I used to be a very active reader. But my eyes have gotten worse and I get very tired very easily and it becomes very difficult to concentrate. Also now the book has to be relatively light weight because my arms start to ache.
                          Anyway... the book i'm reading now is Paths of Desire by Dominique Browning. I love it! It is mainly about gardening, but also how a house becomes a home over many years. It is a true story so it is very touching and very funny!

Thanks for being here.
                          Kevin

Comment

FormerNewYorker-

Don't forget that you can get materials in large print to help with vision impairments although they tend to be thicker and heavier. When all else fails don't forget you can still enjoy a good story on audio. AudioBooks have saved my horrific commutes and it's a great way to explore other authors outside your circle.

Comment

Hi Cyrra-
                              Thanks for replying. I have tried the large print editions of books but as you said they tend to be heavier and holding them up has been a real problem as of late. My partner is working on finding me a tilt top table that i can pull close up while in my chair. I have tried audio books in the past but for me it is not the same as reading. I don't know exactly why but it diminishes (sp?) the pleasure for me.

Comment

I'm making my way through the Master and Commander series by Patrick O'Brian. Finally finished reading "The Far Side of the World".

I'm not a sailor/boat person and so the sailor/18th century jargon is a little hard to get through at times but I do enjoy it. It gives a real "human glimpse" of how it would be like if I was a sailor in H.M.S. in the 18th century.

P.S. Wow!!! I didn't know wives could come with their husbands on a Man of War. That was an eye openner.

This is definitely not like the movie which is good. The next one on my list is the Mauritius Command.
                                "It's easier to be critical than correct."- Disraeli

Comment

Working...
                                X