Deliciously tasty minestrone soup, warm and comforting for any day. Yum Yum!
- I b. pancetta or bacon, diced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 4-6 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 celery stalks, diced
- 4 small carrots, diced
- 3 cups white sweet potatoes, diced
- 4 cups Chicken Broth
- 2 14 oz cans diced tomatoes (we use Rotel)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Hot sauce for some heat
- 1 T Italian seasoning
- In a large soup pot, brown the pancetta or bacon over medium-high heat until it starts to brown.
- Add the diced onion, and cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Add the garlic, celery, carrots, and sweet potatoes, and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and tomatoes, then cook until the veggies are soft, stirring occasionally (approximately 20)
- Add salt pepper and hot sauce, serve
Prep Time: 40 minutes Cook Time: 45 minutes Serves: 5-6