founded in 1996 MSWorld has grown from 6 people in a chat room to the largest all volunteer patient run organization worldwide, serving well over 225,000 members living with multiple sclerosis.
we are here to provide support and information to people living with multiple sclerosis. MSWorld offers chat rooms, message boards, a creative center, resources and social networking.
we welcome your contributions and most importantly, by joining our growing community of people who share the day-to-day challenges of living with MS, your perspective and insight can help others.
if you have a noteworthy event or idea for our website, we’d love to hear from you. Please send us an email at: LetUsKnow@msworld.org
MSWorld is a patient run organization. we are living with MS, in the process of being diagnosed or know someone living with MS. we get it. we are unique and committed to helping people out of isolation.
We need you to help others battling MS.
the magic of helping starts here.
- The primary mission of MSWorld, Inc. is to end the isolation that people experience when diagnosed with multiple sclerosis.
- Here at MSWorld, we are interested in quality of life gained through an active community, shared resources and the use of new technologies to assist people with multiple sclerosis.
- We promise to do our best to provide worthy and current information on treatments and upcoming research guided by those seeking a cure or the very best treatment options for everyone living with multiple sclerosis.
- We follow our motto since 1996, Wellness is a State of Mind®, because, when you are well within your mind your life has its greatest potential.
- We believe that knowledge is power and peer support is invaluable. At MSWorld we strive to provide a safe and comfortable environment by maintaining a G-rated site and offering the latest information and referrals for you.
our core values.
At MSWorld member needs always come first. This is what we do and this is why we exist. By focusing on our members and being responsible to our community, we create meaningful work for ourselves and provide something of lasting value for those living with Multiple Sclerosis. As a result, MSWorld is recognized as a world leader in providing patient support and information related to MS. At MSWorld we honor these core values:
Integrity is at the heart of everything we do. We are honest, ethical and upfront because trust is at the foundation of our relationships with our members, our community, our collaborators and each other.
We know it is critical that we respect everyone at every level of our organization. We champion diversity, embrace individuality and listen carefully when others speak.
We hold ourselves to a very high standard of performance. We prize the teamwork it takes to make MSWorld a reality. We never stop asking ourselves how we can make the member experience better, and every day we find new answers.
We take responsibility for our actions as individuals, as team members, and as an organization. We work together to be the very best we can be.
We are true to ourselves and transparent with our communication among volunteers at MSWorld. A high level of transparency is necessary to build trust between us and strengthen our foundation.
We show kindness every day towards our team members and others. Particularly because we know that each one of us is coping with MS on many levels. In a way, we come first, with members, as we all share a common diagnosis. A little kindness and understanding must replace judgment and impatience. It is a reflection of who we are as individuals and collectively as an organization.
At MSWorld, we strive to grow personally and collectively to create an organization that continues to set a standard of excellence unmatched by any other.
Kathleen Wilson MA, MFA