Let's have some fun; stupid thing someone has said about dealing with MS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too Funny!

Andy, I know this is not funny but truly, it is! I needed a good laugh today.
    I may have MS but MS does not have me!

Comment

Heard one today, in fact!

I don't have dx of MS yet, but do have one for RSD. Today was one of those days I needed to just get through a bad few days of headaches and pain. My daughter's new boyfriend came over with her. I had asked her earlier in the week to explain what I have to him because the last time they were over I had gotten out of bed at 11:30 AM. He said, "I wish I could sleep in like that every day!" I told him, "I wish I could get up and get moving like YOU do every day. Wanna switch places?" Anyway, since that remark she did tell him about me. So, today I asked him if she explained to to him. He said, "Yes, a little." Mind you, I was in my pajamas when they stopped here in the afternoon. He said, "I understand. If I could be lazy and sit around all day I'd do it too." Man, I just about jumped out of my skin. I said, "I AM NOT LAZY! I'm sick." To which he said, "Yeah, I know, but you know what I mean." I give up!!!

Comment

PT

Just went to PT with some bladder issues. She asked about my ms and how i felt she flat out told me that just because i had a few exacerbations it doesnt mean that i am sick and will have any more episodes. " you see 80 % of people with ms arent really sick". I love how they can amess tge lesion load in your head. And she works with folks like us???
        RRMS Diagnosed December 2009,
        on Copaxone December 2009-October 2011 -
        Starting interferons hopefully soon.

Comment

Yesterday my mother in law says to me "So, why exactly did the dr say you couldnt work? Because I've known a lot of people with ms and you dont seem that bad". To which I responded " I've known you for 17 years, you never mentioned knowing someone with ms. Who is it?". She then says "Well, I've just heard of people...".
          Yeah. Of course you have. She also initially thought I had "the same thing as Michael J. Fox".
          Courage is NOT the absence of fear, it is going forward in spite of fear. Diagnosed 5/27/10

Comment

OMG, reading these makes my blood boil.
            It seems the stupidity rolls on...

What do people thinks "Multiple Scars" in the brain means?
            Sounds pretty bad, IMO.

Comment

dumb comments

"well at least its not cancer"

Comment

Originally posted by stalo View Post
                I am a new poster, been diagnosed as "probable MS", awaiting more test results for confirmation. I have been reading these statements & even in the few weeks I have been telling friends & family, I have heard nearly all of these!
                "It could be worse...it could have been a brain tumor"
                boy, does that one hit home! i wish someone would say that to me. i could tell them that i had a brain tumor removed, it's gone and i'm fine w/out it but the MS is still around and wrecking havock (sp) on my body!

hope you get a 'real' answer from the tests and are able to get on with your treatment.
                take care & God bless ya!
                "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

Comment

I was on the phone with a workmate, practically in tears shortly after diagnisis. She told me that her sister-in-law had MS.

"How is she"?
                  "Oh, it's terrible, terrible"

Thanks!

Comment

These are Great!

Ha,
                    I find this all sad, but very funny...some people

My husband has MS. My father thinks it is like the flu "Yeah, I know, that's when your muscles ache"...nice one dad.

To the "at least it's not brain cancer/or a tumor" my response, after hearing it many times, was finally "yeah, some people can be cured of brain cancer, unfortunately there is no cure for MS". That seems to shut them up.

Comment

I find this subject so helpful to me. To know that so many of you have gone through much of what I have and amazingly heard the same things.

Maybe that's why I come to MS World. We are the ones who know what this is like to 'live'.

I hate when I pick up on a person who I just feel perceives me as a whiner because i am forthright about my MS.

If ever I needed to learn that some people say 'how are you' as a greeting, not to really know, it is when I get that feeling they think I'm not really sick because someone they read about or know of is doing 'so well'.

Well, 'kiss my grits'!

Also, my pet peeve is the 'fixer's' as someone refered to them as...

They say 'use vitamin A,B,C,D etc. or enemas to remove parasites, a dentist who will remove all your silver fillings, algae, accupuncture, positive thinking, and the list goes on endlessly.

I have a brother whom I love, but who always tells me about a doctor 'he knows' who cures MS. Yeah, right.

I've gotten to a point where I just don't want to talk to him because he will ask me how i am. I have learned to lie. It's better than hearing what I know will be coming my way.

I am sure his concern is genuine. However, we all know, if there was a 'cure' we'd know about it!!!

Oh well, I am glad this was posted. Lets me get some stuff off my mind. '-)
                      You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself one.

Comment

I've been pretty fortunate not to get much in the way of stupidity but rather genuine care and concern.

I did have a co-worker who was convinced I could just take some medication and it would all go away.
                        "I know that I'm not my illness, but some days it seems so overwhelmingly difficult to cope that I put on that label and wear it like a coat." -Anonymous

Comment

I have guinea pigs and every time I'm sick my mom says "You need to get those rodents out of here. They carry all kinds of disease. That's why you keep getting sick." Yeah, Mom. Or it could be all those lesions in my brain. That's also a possibility. Probably shouldn't rule it out. And I don't know where my "rodents" are getting these "diseases" from since they've spent their entire lives in my room.

Comment

My pregnant co worker found out about my MS diagnose and said “Oh my gosh you’re going to get my fetus sick. That’s contagious right maybe we should spray Lysol”

I wanted to slap her when she said this.

Comment

This was good

My boss wanted me to to a meeting on the third floor of a building with no lifts.
                              "You do realize I can't actually climb stairs?"
                              "Oh. Couldn't you get someone to carry you?"

He knew about the ms when I got the job 5 years ago. Bright chap, obviously.
                              He does feel bad, but I could have killed him.

Comment

this is fun?
                                [I]Tellnhelen
                                Progressive Relapsing MS

Comment

Working...
                                X