No announcement yet.

What are you reading now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just finished "Dear John" by Nicholas Sparks...I just love his books...
    Alison

Comment

Just read Chocolate Chip Cookie Mystery by Joanna Fluke. She has a whole series of recipe mystery books. I have a Sharyn McCrumb, She Walks these Hills book to start.
      Milly of the MouNTAiNs and VAlleYs of West Virginia.
      Member # 76

Comment

Until I find you by John Irving, slightly absurd story of a child in a dysfuntional relationship with his mother and tatoo friends. The story is set in Canada, US and Europe, a long novel but entertaining. Irving also wrote, A PRAYER FOR OWEN MEANY, CIDER HOUSE RULES and others. I always get a laugh or two from his books.
        You only live NOW.
        SX 1999 /DX 2003
        norml.org

Comment

Everyone should read this book, "23 Minutes in Hell." by Bill Wiese, it is a true story. You can find it at Walmart. Please take the time to find it and read it. You must believe in Jesus as our Lord and Savior. Put your trust in Jesus to save you, and you will pass from death to life. see John 14:21.
          You can pm if you need to know anything else I can help you with. GB-louise

Comment

I'm reading Inkspell by Cornelia Funke...it is number 2 in a series and is WONDERFUL!!! It is geared to the young adult full of fantasy!

Comment

I just started Innovation Nation by John Kao. I was watching the Colbert Report last week and Colbert announced that John Kao would be his guest that night. John Kao? MY John Kao? The love of my life when I was in high school????? (We went off to different colleges and just over time lost track of each other....)

Yep, it was the same John Kao!! Lordy be! So I had to buy his book.
              Polly
              MS hit like a hammer out of the blue May 1, 2007
              Life is hard, yard by yard, Inch by inch, it's a cinch.

Comment

Nineteen Minutes, Jodi Piccoult Sad, I only get to read when I am waiting in doctor's offices. Thankfully, though, not too much of that lately...
                Mei Ling
                Someone hand me a towel. My brain is leaking again.

Comment

Just finished "We Walked then Ran."

It's the story of an Armenian family that escaped the genocide in the early 1900's told by the youngest daughter. I didn't know anything about the Armenian genocide, but yikes! I have to say that was one of the saddest books I've read in a long time. Now I need some humor so I'm of to read Michael Olliver Lives as an extension of one of my favorite series Tales of the City. Now that's a great series.
                  If you're happy and you know it clap your hands.

Comment

My book I am reading is, "23 Minutes in HELL" by Bill Wiese. It is his true experiance. Everyone should read it. If you believe in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior. You must read it. Bill Wiese is a pastor at his Church. He has spoken about this true story at other Churches. If you like the hair to stand up on your neck, you must read this book.He is also on the web at www.23minutesinHell.org. Please take the time to read it. You can also find the book at Walmart. GBA-Louise

Comment

4 books in the works...

"The End of Faith- Religion, Terror, and the Future of Reason" by Sam Harris
                      "Breaking the Spell - Religion as a Natural Phenomonon" by Daniel Dennett
                      "From Dawn to Decadence: 1500 to the Present, 500 Years of Western Cultural Life" by Jacques Barzun
                      "The Doris Lessing Reader" Collected works selected by author Doris Lessing.
                      RRMS: dx:March '07. Started CombiRx June 2007 - Avonex or Copaxone or Both; Study unblinded Nov.2011 - have been on only Copaxone.
                      "e lascia pur grattar dov'e la rogna" (Dante "Divine Comedy")

Comment

Just finished The Eyre Affair and now reading Eric Clapton's autobiography -- Clapton. Niko
                        "Avoid making irrevocable decisions when tired or hungry."
                        -- Robert Heinlein

Comment

Book

Water for Elephants is really unusual and terrific.

Comment

Last week I read My Granfather's Son by Clarence Thomas, was very interesting, not political.

Then I read Heart Shaped Box by Joe Hill, was average.

I am starting Stone Cold by David Baldacci today. I always buy some books for presents and read them first. Then there is at least one person that I can discuss it with.

Comment

reading some large print copies of some Agatha Christie novels

Comment

Just finished reading The Six Wives of Henry VIII by Alison Weir (very readable)--what a fascinating read of that era in history

How interesting how much misery and death was wreaked in the name of God and Christianity in that era. Folks burned at the stake, decapitated, drawn and quartered while alive and so forth. It makes me suspect of proselytizing and "true believers" and their motives!

Comment

Working...
                                X