Chef Beth has created a wonderful way to enjoy making and eating BBQ drumsticks! we served these with asparagus and sweet potato tots. air fryers are great.
- 2lbs chicken drum sticks
- 1 16 oz bottle BBQ sauce, we love Sweet Baby Rays
- Cajun seasoning blend or
- Equal parts Salt, pepper, paprika, garlic
- Wrapping or construction paper in pieces 3in×6in (as many as pieces of chicken.)
- Preheat oven to 350
- Use a kitchen knife or scissor to cut the skin and tendons around the base of each drumstick about 1 inch from end.
- Peel, scrape and push the meat down to the thick end, from top to bottom using edge of knife. It makes the drumstick looks just like a lollipop. Remove skin, cut bottom of meaty end so it will stand, repeat with remaining chicken drumsticks.
- Liberally sprinkle seasoning on all sides of chicken and place on cookie sheet lined with foil.
- Bake 20 min. Remove from oven, wrap ends of chicken legs with tin foil to prevent burning. Dip the chicken in bowl of BBQ sauce to completely coat, return to baking pan. Return to oven 25 min or until the chicken is nicely browned and slightly charred, and completely cooked through.
- For frills; fold paper in half length wise, cut on folded side 1 inch deep ¼ inch apart, the entire length. When chicken is cooked remove foil and wrap frill around end securing with tape. kid friendly foods involve a little creativity. 🥰 how to make the frills.
Serve and enjoy!!