The flavors in these meld together in your mouth and simply sing
- Free-range or pastured eggs (1 per sandwich)
- 1 tbsp pastured butter, ghee or avocado oil
- Sliced grain-free or gluten-free bread, depending on your tolerance
- 1 container organic pesto
- 1 fresh tomato
- Slices of cheese if tolerated, or cheese substitute, or 1 small fully ripe avocado, mashed
- Small fry pan
- Cutting board
Warm butter in fry pan on low heat.
Crack egg(s) into it.
When egg white is partly set, break the yolk and gently spread it out a bit. Sprinkle egg with salt. Cover and continue cooking on low until fully set but not rubbery. While it finishes cooking, toast the bread and spread pesto on one or both slices per sandwich.
Gently lift egg with spatula and set on one slice. Lay one slice of cheese or dairy-free cheese on the egg. If using avocado instead, spread mashed avocado on the other slice.
Lay 1-2 slices of tomato on the egg, then close the sandwich and slice in half. Enjoy!