Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since your state has legal mmj, I would suggest, if it is at all possible; That you make appointments with your local legislators and let them know of your support of mmj and why.

Many do not do that. I personally believe, once my representatives can relate to 'representing' me, they will at least, 'think' of me and how much this medicine has helped me.

Sadly, California State Supreme court ruled against patients and Access, in California, yesterday. The 3 cities that are allowing this are: Palm Springs (too hot for me), San Diego and Los Angeles (too humid for me).

So, going to be a 'regular' in my elected officials offices; until I have Safe and Local Access, again. I am certain, the collective I prefer, will close before the months end!

States that allow Medicinal Marijuana

Alaska patients (2/4)
    Arizona patients
    California patients (2/39)
    Colorado patients (1/2)
    Connecticut patients
    D.C patients
    Delaware patients
    Hawaii patients
    Maine patients
    Maryland
    Massachusetts patients
    Michigan patients (12/345)
    Montana patients
    Nevada patients
    New Jersey patients
    New Mexico patients
    Oregon patients (1/8)
    Pennsylvania
    Rhode Island patients
    Vermont patients
    Washington patients (2/16)

Comment

Another question Fed

Thanks Fed. You have been a huge help. So since Pennsylvania has legal mmj what is my next step in finding a caregiver or dr. that will prescribe it? I had a hard enough time finding a Dr. to prescribe LDN I can't imagine getting mmj will be easier.

Thanks.
      I left in love, in laughter, and in truth, and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

Bill Hicks

Comment

Google PA marijuana doctors, should give you a list!!!

Generally, the way of acquisition is written in the states laws. Your state is pretty new, and I am not sure what the law states.

This is all I can find:

How To Become A Medical Marijuana Patient In Pennsylvania

Must be at least 18 years of age
        Must be a resident in the state of Pennsylvania with proof of residency
        The qualifying patient has been diagnosed by a physician as having a debilitating medical condition and has obtained medical records showing the diagnosis of that condition.
        Once your physician has registered you with the DHSS as a qualifying patient, you must obtain a Medical Marijuana card from the state of Pennsylvania.

Pennsylvania Qualifying Marijuana Patient Conditions

cancer, glaucoma, positive status for human immunodeficiency virus, acquired immune deficiency syndrome or the treatment of these conditions; a chronic or debilitating disease or medical condition or its treatment that produces one or more of the following: cachexia or wasting syndrome; severe or chronic pain; severe nausea; seizures, including, but not limited to, those characteristic of epilepsy; severe and persistent muscle spasms, including, but not limited to, those characteristic of multiple sclerosis or Crohn's disease; or any other weakening medical condition or its treatment that is recognized by licensed medical authorities as being treatable with marijuana in a manner that is superior to treatment without marijuana.

There is pending legislation to legalize, completely in PA, though.

I have a problem with registering with a state, but I know many that do. Heck, I haven't even registered with my county, I simply have my 'requistion.'

Probably the local taxi cab company, might have a better idea, of where to go? Idk, sorry. After all, it took me 11 years after our law was here, before I knew I qualified! fed

Comment

Thanks Fed

I know a social worker that works for the state of New Jersey so I am hoping she can point me in the right direction.

I guess until Governor Corbett gets his act together which I don't see anytime soon. He seems more in favor of fracking then the needs of the critical ill. I may just have to move to New Jersey until Pennsylvania is able to recover from the fascist Governor they elected.

Chris Christy is a Republican and he has some of thee most progressive laws and programs in place for those with disabilities. I really want to move to New Jersey or California.
          I left in love, in laughter, and in truth, and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

Bill Hicks

Comment

Moving is a reasonable option. If you can travel though, that maybe work for the short term.

Here, we go to DMV, get an 'Identification' card (all you need is an address for it). then go to the 'pot' doc and get a 'rec,' then off to acquire the meds.

After reviewing that list, Pennsylvania, has not yet 'passed' the law. It was suppose to provide links, to the state and its' laws (I copied it, but the link would have violated the rules).

Apparently, in PA, Your Governor, won't sign MMJ related bills. Sorry, for the misinformation. The bill was introduced over 30 days ago, to the PA senate.

Reviewing the other states, that information, is correct.

Looking at that PA Bill # 528, it allows for growing up to 6 plants and to be regulated like liquor stores. Oh boy, that'll take years to iron out! There are a few more bills around too...http://www.thedailychronic.net/2013/...-pennsylvania/

I haven't traveled in New England in decades, but it seemed like most states are about an hour away? Check out CL and snoop around. You are bound to find a caregiver nearby?

I'd love to see you learn the strains, and be able to get the ones, that help you the most! that can be a challenge too. As, each generation of a strain, begets another strain name. Pretty hard to keep up with.

I like the popcorn buds and trim for daytime vaping...it is cheaper. Plus, I like to make cannabis butter with the 'used' vaped buds; for making medible cookies, brownies, etc.

Some don't like the taste of baked goodies,...If, I am sharing with other patients, I use a mint chocolate chip in the mix and Bueno! Good minty brownies.

It would be nice to get a nice stable, dependable medication. Prices have been dropping here. The price is bound to go up. the CA supreme court just ruled, "Cities and Counties have the right to ban collectives, etc."

Some cities already allow it and my city/county is against it.

San Bernardino City has been extremely MMJ unfriendly forever. Last year, that city filed bankruptcy. And it seems, they are now enforcing the rights of mmj caregivers. About 2 mos. ago. I met a gentleman that rented a warehouse to grow, for patients in.

Somehow, the Landlord took a locksmith and entered the grow area, then called the police. The police cited the Landlord for illegal entry and 'secured' the premise's for the renter/caregiver! Times are changing. fed

Comment

New York State needs to catch up.

Breaking the law is not fun.
              Dx: 2/3/12. 6-8 lesions right medulla/cervical spine. GLATIRAMER ACETATE 40 mg 1/19, medical marijuana 1/18. Modafinil 7/18, Women's multivitamin, Caltrate + D3, Iron, Vitamin C, Super B Complex, Probiotics, Magnesium, Biotin.

Comment

This is the most reliable site for Legal Cannabis Information:
                Tomorrow, Maryland's Gov. signs in Medicinal marijuana..he has stated he would and when, I guess the hype helps his job.

It is not a forum link, but if it violates any rules, please omit and I'll try to figure out how? to put it in my profile?

**URL removed by Moderator in compliance with MSWorld Guidelines. This may be put in your Profile for all registered, logged-in members to see. Go to UserCP > Edit Details**

Comment

“Thank you all for your assistance to pnowsitall. This thread will now be closed.”
                  hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
                  volunteer
                  MS World
                  hunterd@msworld.org
                  PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Working...
                  X