Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you all for your great advice, I'll let you know how I do, and what I choose.

Comment

Originally posted by pnowsitall View Post
      There is a bunch of research and data out there.

I am glad we have some people providing some inputs. It is too unfortunate MS TOO that it is still in the schedule 1 classification, and who knows, one day it will change.

I found some research that indicates mmj is neuroprotective, anti-inflammatory, and plays a similar role as do our DMD's. It is all on the web, and if anyone asks, I can share those articles. The data is really intriguing!!

Anyway, I'll be honest and say that I medicated prior and post diagnosis. It has been more heavy post diagnosis.

It makes me feel better, and that's why I choose to do it. Especially after diagnosis, and what I read.

Does anyone else feel this way?
      Could you share some links/sites that discuss mmj and MS?
      Also, just to provide another testimony: I tried mmj ONCE (only "one hit") and it lessened my pain within 90 seconds. That relief lasted for over 8 hours!
      Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

Comment

it's been awhile but i have tried marijuana a few times, purely as research mind you,and always under the close clinical supervision of a banjo player.....at that time i thought 'ms'was a new magazine for independent women....but i do recall there are two distinct types of the kind good bud,one the more sought by a recreational setting such as a concert or amorous tryst has no place in a medical setting for our disease....that said the strains that effect the body and with maximum positive effect on the ravages of our disease are the ones described as doing the BODY as opposed to the more coveted doing the HEAD strains...my personal favorite had a puffy bright green appearence and little red hairs inlieu of tiny speckles it was graced with flakes like glaze on a krispy kreme donut....that would help my present condition,and economical too a little went a long way...it was good to read last week the North Carolina legislature introduced a bill to decriminalize medical marijuana ><>peace

Comment

I have used MJ for several years for insomnia and spasms only when I go to bed and when I wake up during the night with spasms.

I use a Vulcano, but I end up smoking more than using the vape as on me it works better.

I never smoked MJ for recreational use and don't get high from smoking I just get a bit paralyzed which is what I need.

It is by no means perfect but non of the drugs like ambien, baclofen, zanaflex flexoril etc etc works on me. The only drug that works on is diazapam, klonopin does not work either for some strange reason. Diazepam for me stops working if I use it every day so I only use once or twice a week and mj the rest. Indica is the strain that works best for pain and spasms though some sativas and hybrids work too I found.

I live in a state where it is legal, but unfortunately have found that the stuff obtained ahum illegally often works much better than the dispensary strains.

Comment

I started Medicinal Marijuana in 2008, to get off drugs from Fibromyalgia/CFS. Once off Methadone, Oxicodone, Klonopin, 17 years of steroids by epidural every 3 months, Sinequan and a few others. Once successfully off those medications and no relapse's or, side effects, I stopped using MMJ (medicinal Marijuana). In 2009

Then I was dx'd with M.S. in an ER, 2012. I started the cannabis oil, as per Rick Simpson and the Phoenix Tears site.

My balance was and remains a very big issue with my M.S. So, I stopped everything in November (mind you, my balance issues started, before I returned to using it medicinally, again).

I had a migraine (headache) from March through mid-Sept. 2012. Serious nausea and a multitude of other M.S. symptoms.

After stopping MMJ, it has taken2 1/2 months to get any 'sense' of balance back.

All my aches and pains were gone, when I stopped using the oil. Most have returned, except the nausea, headache and a benign tumor, I had.

I use a few different strains: The kind people talk about from the '70's are mostly sativas and are nice in the daytime for cognitive problems and to battle my fatigue. I am currently using Big Bud and Pineapple for daytime.

For early evening, I use Skywalker OG and it stops short of putting me to sleep. Then I will use OG Kush and that usually works. Hindu Kush, is the best for spasm's, sleep and pain.

Using a vape is best, of course. If you are M.S. clumsy, like me, it would be preferred to use a Volcano. I broke over $350. in glass with my clumsu M.S. hands. I have a Tower Vape, but quit using it. I kept breaking the glass things and burning myself with the glass, when taking it off the source.

I know quite a bit about MMJ. I made it my mission, to learn as much as I could, about it.

Sorry, NC's legislation was taken off the table! Ick.

When I can, I go to groups for Activism for Medicinal or Legalization of Medical Marijuana.

The "healing" is in the oil. Smoke, Vape or eat: Just have to take the oil for any permanent condition, like M.S. There are testimonials on line of patients that have cured or totally allieviated their M.S. symtoms.

My balance, is something that would be affected by using mmj, and part of why I stopped using it. Now, I just smoke or vape.

I use Blueberry for serious pain, I keep it around 24/7 and treat it like Godganja! When I am really bad, I use it and remember why, I treat it like Gold; Because it treats my condition and I feel good with it also!

I know, anything that makes you feel that good, should be illegal. Well, it is, here in the U.S.A.: But, medicinal use is OK, in my state of Calif. and if I were feeling better I would be in Washington D.C. this week-end with ASA (Americans for Safe Access) and visit my elected officials and yours.

Medicinal Marijuana and PROPER use, should be on the prescription pad of every physician. Pushing for 'legalization' at this point. And hoping we get MMJ, nationwide, at the least!! Fed Up

Disclaimer: Just because it works for me, that does not mean it is socially, ethically or morally right for everyone. I am simply stating my relief and the help, I have gained with the use of MMJ/Oil. I am not telling you to go out and do this. I waited 14 years after it was 'legal' in my state, and then I read so many testimonials on it and had to try this magical herb in 2008. MMJ gave me a life back, worth living.

Comment

Great post

Fed Up, great post. I like how you talked about which strains helped you, but most importantly, how it has changed your life.

For anyone out there trying to learn about this great medicine, I want to let you know that there is a new documentary called "Weed Country", which is much like "moonshiners", that is on Discovery Channel - it is new.

I know of one person that has had MS for 15 years. He was in a wheelchair. He told me that MMJ, specifically, was what got him and what keeps him out of his wheelchair.

Another testimonial from a pateint, that was actually on the recent show Weed County, who had avascular necrosis and was also in a wheelchair, got out of it because of mmj.

I am surprised to hear the stuff on the streets beats some of the dispensary stuff. I must tell you, producing your own is great. Can we produce our own medicine that would replace xanax, baclofen, neurontin, lyrica?

Probably not. Especially for those who are financially insecure, like myself, I will try to save any money I can.
              New study on vaping
              http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23237736
              *****BEST INFO BELOW*******
              http://pharmrev.aspetjournals.org/content/58/3/389.full
              http://ripatients.org/cms/uploads/File/MS/Clark_2004_MSandCannabis.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by Fed Up View Post
                I started Medicinal Marijuana in 2008, to get off drugs from Fibromyalgia/CFS. Once off Methadone, Oxicodone, Klonopin, 17 years of steroids by epidural every 3 months, Sinequan and a few others. Once successfully off those medications and no relapse's or, side effects, I stopped using MMJ (medicinal Marijuana). In 2009

Then I was dx'd with M.S. in an ER, 2012. I started the cannabis oil, as per Rick Simpson and the Phoenix Tears site.

My balance was and remains a very big issue with my M.S. So, I stopped everything in November (mind you, my balance issues started, before I returned to using it medicinally, again).

I had a migraine (headache) from March through mid-Sept. 2012. Serious nausea and a multitude of other M.S. symptoms.

After stopping MMJ, it has taken2 1/2 months to get any 'sense' of balance back.

All my aches and pains were gone, when I stopped using the oil. Most have returned, except the nausea, headache and a benign tumor, I had.

I use a few different strains: The kind people talk about from the '70's are mostly sativas and are nice in the daytime for cognitive problems and to battle my fatigue. I am currently using Big Bud and Pineapple for daytime.

For early evening, I use Skywalker OG and it stops short of putting me to sleep. Then I will use OG Kush and that usually works. Hindu Kush, is the best for spasm's, sleep and pain.

Using a vape is best, of course. If you are M.S. clumsy, like me, it would be preferred to use a Volcano. I broke over $350. in glass with my clumsu M.S. hands. I have a Tower Vape, but quit using it. I kept breaking the glass things and burning myself with the glass, when taking it off the source.

I know quite a bit about MMJ. I made it my mission, to learn as much as I could, about it.

Sorry, NC's legislation was taken off the table! Ick.

When I can, I go to groups for Activism for Medicinal or Legalization of Medical Marijuana.

The "healing" is in the oil. Smoke, Vape or eat: Just have to take the oil for any permanent condition, like M.S. There are testimonials on line of patients that have cured or totally allieviated their M.S. symtoms.

My balance, is something that would be affected by using mmj, and part of why I stopped using it. Now, I just smoke or vape.

I use Blueberry for serious pain, I keep it around 24/7 and treat it like Godganja! When I am really bad, I use it and remember why, I treat it like Gold; Because it treats my condition and I feel good with it also!

I know, anything that makes you feel that good, should be illegal. Well, it is, here in the U.S.A.: But, medicinal use is OK, in my state of Calif. and if I were feeling better I would be in Washington D.C. this week-end with ASA (Americans for Safe Access) and visit my elected officials and yours.

Medicinal Marijuana and PROPER use, should be on the prescription pad of every physician. Pushing for 'legalization' at this point. And hoping we get MMJ, nationwide, at the least!! Fed Up

Disclaimer: Just because it works for me, that does not mean it is socially, ethically or morally right for everyone. I am simply stating my relief and the help, I have gained with the use of MMJ/Oil. I am not telling you to go out and do this. I waited 14 years after it was 'legal' in my state, and then I read so many testimonials on it and had to try this magical herb in 2008. MMJ gave me a life back, worth living.
                Wow, great post here!

Comment

Hey Everyone, and Nick

Its been a while since I've been to work and looked online.

Great posts!! Fed UP, or Fishead, I will try to post some links about research and information about mmj and ms. Just letting you know, there is a lot of information online.

I have quite a few articles that discuss ms and mmj, so I'll try to put it up soon.

As far as vaporizer, I definitely am leaning towards the Pax, but it is pretty costly. $250!!

What is amazing, we have autoinject devices, that inject us with medicine, and here is this Ipod device, that gives us vapor- BUT MAKES US FEEL GOOD!!!

Also great post with the strain names. Wish I could get some Skywalker OG!! I live in NY, so it sucks.

About to move to be free though :-)
                  New study on vaping

Comment

hello,legal here in michigan. i have my card and do use mmj, and am a old hippe, But 1-2 puffs to ease pain or get to sleep or just relax and injoy life is long way from getting HIGH like i did in the 60's.(as for strains there is so much to learn that i get mine from a younger friend who has his mmj card) Mark
                    DX's,MS,1/8/04
                    copaxone

Comment

Wish I was in a legal state....wait that may be happeniing

I also urge anyone out there to join a coalition or alliance for drug policy.

I recently met with my Senator, and am trying to advocate the legalization in NY. I have been pretty active getting my name out, speaking to others, getting my profile out there, may be on a talk show, and possibly also going to Albany!!

I agree with Look to the stars...I am devoting my life to learning more about it, and helping others see the light.

I am not severly disabled, but do face the daily symptoms.

I now want to be of service to other individuals, and help them, and be around people that will benefit from this flower, and am beyond such petty desires such as career, cash, or whatever.

As promised, I am trying to share some links below. Crossing my fingers that they will be posted :-)

Administrators----please please let these links be posted!!

Or else...it will be in my signature...jeez these rules are playing heck on my fingers

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...84D0RS20120514

http://www.medpagetoday.com/clinical...clerosis/32669

http://www.vanderbilt.edu/AnS/psycho...lmarijuana.htm

http://www.medicalmarijuana.net/uses...ple-sclerosis/

**The last few URL's removed by Moderator These may be put in your Profile for all registered, logged-in members to see. Go to UserCP > Edit Details**
                      New study on vaping

Comment

I posted some duplicate articles, but I suggest to read the vanderbilt article. It has some really important studies in it!!

Phil
                        New study on vaping

Comment

I can't believe it!

Maybe our politicians are finally going to do something right for a change! House Resolution 689 (H. R. 689) was introduced on February 14 (Happy Valentine's Day!) which if passed would require the Federal Government to reclassify marijuana to "other than `Schedule I' or `Schedule II'" and allow states that have passed medical marijuana laws to proceed with managing their programs without fear of federal interference.

Now this is progress! While it may not pass in this congress, just the fact that this resolution was introduced is a step in the right direction. I'm going to contact my house congressional representative and ask that he support H. R. 689 for ALL patients that can benefit from this legislation and would suggest that anyone else that may benefit contact their representatives as well.

pnowsitall, I am a fan of the Moonshiners TV series so I had to watch Weed Country, especially since I live in Northern California where some of the show takes place. Maybe this show will help to educate some folks! I have a relative that has been using MMJ for several years with great results and hopefully someday I'll be able to as well!

Comment

MS TOO, thanks for the info.

I love weedcountry, its funny how they made B. E Smith look just like Popocorn Sutton. HAHA, it was great how they made it look like it was from the 70's, with the banjo playing.

I think it definitely a matter of education. There is that stigma about it still, where people still equate it to heroin, or other schedule I drugs. It shouldn't and isn't, that kind of drug.

My parents, for example, who were born and raised in Communist Poland times, think it's just a narcotic, and makes you feel good, and that it has no effect on the brain. We need researchers, MD's, to explain why it "is" effective. To me, this is really important!!
                            New study on vaping

Comment

Can someone please explain this vaporizer thing to me?

I'll admit I wasn't an mj fan back in my younger days. It made me paranoid and I could find other illegal things that I liked better. Lol

When I heard Montel admit to using it for pain mgmt, I wondered if it also might work for my constant nausea.
                              My hubby easily found a supply source and I've been smoking
                              for a few months now. Here's the problem....I have asthma and find the smoking hard on my lungs. Goes something like this: inhaler, inhale mj, inhaler again.

I haven't heard of a vaporizer but am very interested!

BTW I don't have a problem admitting I smoke mj to anyone that asks. Possibility of legal problems is less important to me than the horrible bouts of nausea. Oh, and I'm sleeping better than ever.
                              Dx 3/4/12. Tec X 2 as of 7/7/13
                              Weebles wobble and occasionally they DO fall down!

Comment

Leeaura

I'll be happy to explain, at my best ability lol. I hear ya on the difference in context now. These day's are not like our old high school, mmj has been given a lot of focus, press, and attention for medical purposes.

I have a friend, who also has asthma, and he says that since smoking mmj, it actually helps. There has been a study, even if it sounds counterintuitive, that mmj smoking helps asthma.

Anyway, the vaping would certainly make it easier for you with your asthma. The vaping doesn't actually burn the buds, or whatever your burning. It heats the matter at like 200 degrees, so it essentially melts and vaporizes the chemicals, into a vapor (not combusted smoke), so that has a much much lighter effect on the lungs, provides better taste, and is healthier basically.

MMJ is the first thing I use for an upset stomach. It is perfect for nausea, almost any strain should help. We are starting to see more benefits with different strains. So happy it is helping with that, and the sleep.

I am also beyond that scared point. I'm using just for myself. I'm not a criminal...so don't really care if I'm open about it. I'm actually typing this at work lol :-) Don't care anymore...all I have is my life, and nothing is worth sacrificing my dignity, pride, and what I have left.

Montel is a great person!!!! He is showing that we have to fight for our liberties sometimes, and mmj has helped him tremendously!! Stay in touch, peace and love!
                                New study on vaping

Comment

Working...
                                X