Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Pnowsitall for the info! I will def be buying a vaporizer.

After reading this post, I did some searching and found out that a senator here in KY has recently introduced a bill? to legalize mmj here. Wouldn't that b wonderful?

Doubt it will pass but it should b a no-brainer here. Task force after task force spend all their time locating/destroying illegal plants. Not sure if its a state or federal law, but if a plot is found on your land, your property can be seized. So now, growers are planting and even booby trapping plots on state and federal lands. Also, if mj was legalized, I think the proliferation of abuse of the stronger drugs like OxyContin and heroin might slack off some....

Just my opinion. Lets keep bumping this thread!
    Dx 3/4/12. Tec X 2 as of 7/7/13
    Weebles wobble and occasionally they DO fall down!

Comment

WOW, Fedup!!

Thank you for the highly useful information! I am glad MMJ can help you! I wish it were legal here, but don't MOST of us wish it were legal where we live?
      Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

Comment

Originally posted by Leeaura View Post

After reading this post, I did some searching and found out that a senator here in KY has recently introduced a bill? to legalize mmj here. Wouldn't that b wonderful?

Doubt it will pass but it should b a no-brainer here. Task force after task force spend all their time locating/destroying illegal plants. Not sure if its a state or federal law, but if a plot is found on your land, your property can be seized. So now, growers are planting and even booby trapping plots on state and federal lands. Also, if mj was legalized, I think the proliferation of abuse of the stronger drugs like OxyContin and heroin might slack off some....

Our government (in the US) is foolish. They could be getting a LOT of money from taxes, if they would make marijuana legal. Plus many people, with selected diseases, would find much better pain control.
        Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

Comment

Def keep bumping

Well Leeaura, you are right. The laws are federal, so even if you are in a legal state, the feds can come in and tear everything up.

I think that they are in a process to change the schedule of mmj, in a previous post. Even DARE, is in the process of removing mmj from their list of drugs!

We all wish it were legal in my state, NY, which is surrounded by legal states. I am definitely planning on moving to a legal state, so that I don't have to worry so much. Police officers don't ask for your medical records, they don't have souls when it comes to deciding what to do. They just arrest.

There is a link in my signature of a recent study on vaping...check it out.
          New study on vaping
          http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23237736
          *****BEST INFO BELOW*******
          http://pharmrev.aspetjournals.org/content/58/3/389.full
          http://ripatients.org/cms/uploads/File/MS/Clark_2004_MSandCannabis.pdf

Comment

MMJ

I was dx’d with MS 3 years ago, but have been using MJ for 20+ yrs. I must be honest and mention that although I do use MJ for medicinal purposes, I will use it recreationally as well. I do not medicate all day and only use recreationally on nights and weekends. I do not medicate on days that I work.

MJ helps many of my symptoms without many of the negative side effects from prescription meds.
            Sleeping is at the top of the list for me. MJ helps me relax, reduces twitching/spasms I tend to experience at night while trying to fall asleep. Prior to my diagnoses this was the main reason for me using MJ. I always have a difficult time falling asleep. Sleeping pills, Melatonin, etc. either never worked or made me feel hung-over and sluggish in the mornings. MJ does not.

MJ helps with my twitches, spasms and muscle tightness.
            Mood – MJ helps my mood.
            Pain – MJ is great for low level aches and pains.

Negatives;
            I have issues with balance. MJ makes my balance issues a bit worse.
            Mood – Although it helps my mood. I realized recently that if I use to much over a long period of time, it will cause increased depression. Because of this I started closely monitoring the amount I use.

I don’t condone illegal drug use, but I find that the benefits I receive from MJ outweigh the risk I’m taking. I recommend using a vaporizer or making edibles. The vaporizer removes most of the unwanted carcinogens (you are not inhaling smoke, but cool vapor) and gives you the maximum amount of THC. If you medicate a few times a week invest in a vaporizer. I smoked for 20 years and purchased a vaporizer in August of 2012. I have not smoked since purchasing the vaporizer. No coughing and almost no smell. Edibles take a bit of work to make, but the effects last longer and can be stronger.

Maybe one day our government will wake up and decriminalize the use of MJ.
            DX 3-2010

You can't change the cards you're dealt, only the way you play the hand.

Comment

Medical mj vs recreational pot

Originally posted by fishead View Post
              Our government (in the US) is foolish. They could be getting a LOT of money from taxes, if they would make marijuana legal. Plus many people, with selected diseases, would find much better pain control.
              I thought the same thing until I realized it is taxing medication which we don't do. (yet) I think recreational mj should be taxed but not those of us who depend on it for spasm relief.

Comment

Google Granny Storm Crow's List: Skroll to the M.S. section.

She has spent a lifetime gathering data and placing it in one place.

For joint (knee, migraine and back) pain, I have found Headband (strain) to be most effective. It is really strong though. Unfortnately, even in legal mmj states, it is difficult to get the correct strain assigned to the right bud, at the dispensary.

Some sativa's keep me up all night. Yet, others are most helpful in sleep and pain cessation.

Indica's, cause an intense 'heavy' feeling, called 'couchlock' that almost makes the heaviness and fatigue of MS, much worse, for me. Indicas are much preferred for most, with pain, etc.

I personally believe, I need a certain sativa for the anti-inflmmation/neuroprotectant and to make me more focused.

Blueberry is a bit stronger than Skywalker, for me, for relaxing the spasticity in my arms and legs. I can use it, to the point of feeling the strictures relax and not get high, or feel high. If I overdo it, I feel a tad high (since I was 'high' and lightheaded from the M.S.--that was not desireable).

For sleep and restlessness at night, I am using an unknown strain..I think it maybe a OG Kush of sorts, it is similar. It was free and I'll always try free! Plus, they gave me plenty!

I don't really think I've ever been entirely successful to 'keep' the pain away with any strain, longer than about 4-6 hours, by vaping or smoking. The Rick Simpson Oil, is what took ALL my pain, entirely away. It was incredible!!! It took many months on the oil, before I experienced, NO PAIN, daily!!! And several months after stopping the oil, for the pain to return.

Oddly, I joined a few Cannabis Boards and learned to get off my opiates and other meds. Not too many MS patients on the boards, but plenty are very compassionate and help steer people in the right directions.

Cheese has been the best strain for Nausea, I've found. Not too many strains work, for my nausea. After 3 mos. on the oil, my nausea and migraines were gone and have remaine gone for over 7 mos. now.

My biggest problem is Fatigue and the mmj doesn't do too much for that. Probably makes it worse. So, getting high from the medication helps me mentally, deal with the fatigue a bit better.

I am going to try to get some THC Bomb and use it in the AM, to see if that helps the fatigue.

The street sativa(usually) is what we get in illegal states mostly. I have found it gives me leg and back cramping type pain. I refrained from sativas, until I learned more about the genetics from others.

But, I have learned, my favorites..Blueberry and Headband are, in fact, have sativa in them. Really makes sense, when you think about it.

I switch strains, so I don't become resistant to one and try to keep my use low.

Sativa's ( a nice heady high) increase's my ability to concentrate, think and control my body better. If it has a sativa body high--it tends to make me hurt. Sativa increase's circulation and does something in the brain, that is unexplicable.

I've tried a THC Bomb sativa strain, with that lofty head high that helps the Cog Fog. I've only found one person that grows it. It is as difficult to get, as headband. Both are rather strong medications, too.

Some Indicas with the real body 'leveling' couchlock, take up to 40 minutes sometimes, to get the entire effects and relief.

I've learned to use my mmj medicine, like any other pill/ med. I take a dose and wait, at least 10-20 minutes, after each toke. Not all strains are alike or act the same way. Once, I've found a strain that works, I use it, just for that and don't have to wait, for it to work. i just know it will and how much to take.

A volcano is the most revered of vaporizers. With my clumsy hands, there is no glass to break and I am leaning that direction(went thru $350. in glass in Novemeber).

I have an i.tower type. Of the ones for home use, I rather prefer this upward use of the heat. In the vaporizers that have the gourd (the part that holds the mmj) going out the side, I've found, there is not even heating of the medicine. Or, a gourd that is much larger than the heating element. Like any device, it is mostly personal preference.

ASTHMA, marijuana was used for asthma, before prohibition. I have asthma and the vaporizer is the best thing to use for it. I found one strain, I can use while having asthma problems and get relief...it was called PFaK and is not a common strain. More research is needed, to find the right strain for it.

I bumped into the person that made the strain and tried it. Before, I was diagnosed with Asthma. I would be wheezing/coughing like heck and still want to use it. It relaxed my wheezing and made breathing easier. It seems, when having the MS hug, my asthma is worse. PFak strain addressed the hug and the wheezing. PF is a is touted as an Indica strain with sativa in it and AK47 is a common strain..the two were bred and became PFaK

Paranoia; Some people get that and simply cannot use mmj. There are studies, recently that show, mmj is a treatment for that.

No matter what, there will always be people allergic or extremely sensitive and unable to use this organic medicine. Once, you've read so much data and research, you will want to try it. And seek out a strain that does not trigger paranoia. Much of this is, trial and error.

Vaping or edibles are the preferred methods for long acting and healthy use. Once, the bud has been vaped, many use the vaped bud to make brownies with and receive an extra LONG acting dose, during the day, and gets all the goodness from your plant. Or using the brownies for sleep. The edibles are the longest lasting (aside of the rso).

There is no part of the body that does not benefit from marijuana. Our bodies have a natural endocannabinoid system, with receptors for cannabinoids, which marijuana supplies. Seems like the perfect piece of a puzzle.

If you grow, whether in a legal state or not, it is best to not tell ANYone, keep it stealth and use carbon scrubbers for the 'flowering' smell.

With this disease, I really don't care who knows I use this medication. The problem is, anyone can want to use it recreationally and if they know, you have a supply, you WILL become a victim. My opiates made me a victim of greedy evil people, stealing and selling them.

There are ways to get medicinal marijuana from dispensaries or activist groups. There is a Doctors office, in Riverside, Calif. I went to and started going to meetings, as often as I possibly could. Just to hear people speak openly and publicly of smoking pot for medicine. I became an activist and have been very fortunate to have received, sponsored trips to my Legislators offices in Northern Cali.

Knowing the difference between traditional medication and mmj; My passion is for each and every patient, with any disease, to enjoy an organic medication that not only helps, but can make me happier. As long as I am able, I will be a medicinal marijuana activist.

I take tolerance breaks from all my medications, now. Switching back and forth. I know, a day will come, I won't be able to. Trying to keep all medications at a low dose, is my goal.

Growing marijuana can be a very relaxing and enjoyable hobby, as well. Just the added stress of "needing" the medicine, can make it a chore.

Here's hope it is legalized for medicinal use internationally.

If living in a legal state, call all the activist group and see if they know where you can obtain this medication at a reduced cost or for free. Fed

Comment

thot I'd talk a little about everyday use. I stopped using mmj completely for a few months...now I am wondering why?

Having a big flare-up this evening, I think it has been brewing for a few days. I've had contractors here working for a few days and it stress's me to no end. Especially, when they don't want to do the work correctly, the first time. Some fellows really get pretty angry when told by a woman, to do it right. Even hired a guy to hang around to 'keep' the peace.

All I can think about tonight is; Headband would be the Primo bud for this situation. It is starting to look like, this time of year, plays heck with me. It was at a party, this time last year, I discovered it, works very well for this type of pain...my joints are swollen and I've been having mobility problems for a few weeks.

First time my knees were stiff...they were re-placed in 2007. Now, well..the knees have been ruled-out, as a problem. I've been given a few new meds and have requested others. I'll be glad to get some sort of stability in dealing with these darn issues, daily. Gonna have to find and buy a bunch of Headband to use, when it simply isn't a 'Blueberry' kinda pain.

It seems, Blueberry helps tons with the stiffness in the connective tissues. Headband when it is consistent with 'joint' pains and a headache.

Oh, some people report getting a headache with Blueberry. I haven't experienced that, yet and hope that doesn't happen.

Feeling sort of bad, I am not going to go to Sacramento with the other patients to attend the Americans For Safe Access; Sacramento Unity Conference and Sacramento "Lobby your representatives Day!"

Sad, I won't get to try so many different strains and primo bud! LOL..not really, I just love talking to my elected representatives about pot, the socialization is a big plus, though. I need to be around other mmj patients, or did, to keep telling myself..this is a "Good" Thing.
                  I seldom ever had the joy to enjoy, when I was younger and healthy.

All this discussion of vaping, I got mine back out and wonder why, I put it away. Sure is much easier on the lungs.
                  pnowsitall Nice article on vaping! Lately, vaping by itself, just doesn't seem to be enough. The nice thing about it is, I know the medicine my M.D. gives me, is enhanced by this generous herb! Fed

Comment

Originally posted by Leeaura View Post

It is a federal law. But, they will leave patients alone in states with mmj laws.

Kentucky has legalized Hemp. If I lived there, I would sure try to get some 'commercial' hemp and try it. It is suppose to be little or no thc and plenty of CBD.

There isn't much of a market for the real 'medicinal' aspects of a plant that doesn't make one high. I only know of one person, that is planning on growing some...it would be nice to try it.

CBD rich strains are the ones that help me the most. Oddly, I went looking on a 'weed' supply board and not all pot has the CBD's we need. But, the ones I tend to lend myself toward, do.

Neo I'd venture to say, you are "never" using recreationally. Especially, with this disease. It is called, "medicating."
                    I use to laugh at the thot that, 'smoking a joint', turned into...medicating. Now, it is much more serious for me; I get it. I was never a recreational user and it was hard for me to find this medicine. Wish I had found it 20 years sooner.

Since this thread, I switched to vaping and it really is easier on the lungs...much easier. It just takes allot more herb, to do it., at least in mine. fed

Comment

@ Fed up question?

What state are you in?
                      I'm in PA, marijuana is easy to get but You don't know what you get.

Where is the best place to start for CBD?

When I was young 18-19 I got really paranoid but a few years ago I did feel a great calm & deep thoughts of existential contemplation.

Wanna get back to that.

Have you ever tried LSD?
                      I left in love, in laughter, and in truth, and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

Bill Hicks

Comment

durgastiger: No LSD here. I wouldn't have a clue where to get it. 60 years old and I probably couldn't buy an aspirin on the street.

I am fairly certain, most strains in your state are medicinal strains and, as you said, they often don't know what it is. Which can be very frustrating. I feel your frustration. But, things are changing rapidly, accross the states. Maryland will soon be another legal state.

I am in So. California and we've had medicinal mj since 1997. I thot it was for the sick and dying. Until I read stuff on the internet I had no clue, then I used it to get off many medications. And happen to prefer it.

Many complain of paranoia with some strains and some get paranoia, not matter what they try. And truthfully, long term use, 'can' cause it. However, I have my personal theories on that.

And taking a 'tolerance' break is often necessary. Switch strains or, back to pills and then back to the mmj; or a combination of both.

Regardless, a break in either medicine, can reduce needs and dose of other medications.

CBD is very difficult to get, even here. There is definitely a race to get the CBD's out there. I have read on the marijuana boards of a 'select' few that are starting to get the CBD rich strains, in the NE.

There is a group specializing in CBD strains; It is called the CBD Project. One of the people involved in it is an author: Martin A Lee. You can google that and get more info. I am not sure what we are allowed to post in links? As, most sites connected to MMJ, are forums, also.

There are caregivers, collectives, activist groups and dispensaries (and private personal growers) that will give to local patients, sometimes for free. But, it can be like pulling teeth. And that IS, here in Calif.

The past year has had a serious push on that medication. Harelquinn, Cannatonic, Omitrx and a couple others are currently, the "Go To" strains for high CBD's.

I am not sure about the rules in PA, but I have bumped into a grower, on line, in Vermont, that is growing some. It just takes time. Seldom can you find these, low CBD's in a dispensary.

Harlequinn was in one and I should have bought some and tried it, still kicking myself. I won't pass it up, next time.

Martin Lee, the author, told me..there are programs starting for patients in need of CBD. They will give you plants to grow and that is about the extent of it. Plus, some have a program, you can return the grown plant back in and they will make it into rso (Rick Simpson Oil) for you.

My Blueberry is low thc (by today's standard) only 13% and has an additional 9% of CBD's, etc.

Most people have no clue what type of pot, made them paranoid. I can feel 2 distinct differences in Sativas..and I am assuming a sativa made ya paranoid.

The "old" fashioned street stuff, has more of a reputation for that. I am sensitive to sativas, they keep me awake at night.

I can understand how, they can make one paranoid. having spent a few years on the cannabis forums, many search for a different strain.

Blueberry doesn't put me to sleep, but it sure helps me move a bit easier.

I'd like to grow my own, except I don't own the property and it is, against the rules. I am thinking locked "greenhouse." That is, IF, I can get better.

I know of one forum, that allows people to post: Looking for a caregiver and what state (provided you are in a mmj state and you are). If you are interested, I'll PM the info to ya? It would be preferable for you to acquire one or two caregivers, that will GROW a perfect strain for you.

Caregiver means: Person that grows and gives mmj to patients for a 'donation,' often just enough to cover costs and often a large profit. Takes some hunt and peck.

I am not sure if there is a PM system here or not, or if it is a feature we need to activate? Let me know?

So far, I tried one strain that placed me in deep thought and what you feel. But, I think it has more to do with the 'time' of harvest of the bud.

A early harvest (cloudy trichomes) lends to more euphoric effects and a later harvest (amber trichomes) lend to more of a body high type of "couchlock." You couldn't put one foot in front of the other, if you had too. But, the conversations are amazing.

Sativas are more of a light headed real Happy Feeling and some sativas have a 'body high.' The body high feels a bit 'electical' to me and can mimic a MS symptom. It is all trial and error.

If you had paranoia, a strain of a later harvest, most likely would be preferable, to avoid it.

The stuff years ago, was cut early and often clear/cloudy and no amber in trichomes.

You can use a small jewelers loop and check the trichomes and compare that to, the type of smoke you get. That may give you a bit more of a clue, as to type of feeling you might get. I'd look for amber colors..which is a later harvest.

I don't know any MS patients that grow. Just spouse's, that grow for them. Which would be optimal.

My preference is to answer questions and here and share with everyone and for a specific place to hunt for a caregiver...I cannot post that info, publicly. To protect this board and that one, ok? fed

Comment

@Fred

Thanks for all the useful information. I have a form you can fill out on my website. Check my profile for the link to my website.

Looking forward to talking to you soon
                          I left in love, in laughter, and in truth, and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

Bill Hicks

Comment

Hi Durgastiger, I found your website and I just love it! Nice work! As, I spend more time on my laptop, instead of life, I hope to master some of the abilities hidden inside me, of learning how to do more than emails, on laptop.

There are many generous caregivers around; It takes time to build trust and many still worry of the Feds. As, some cannabis sites, years ago, were shut down and moles were n the forums.

Welcome to the 'dark side.' As a legit patient, in a legit state; I feel no inhibitions, seeking the knowledge of the plant and finding avenues for treatment.

I've not had a brush with the law, in any way. Just not taking any chances. Many that get in 'deep' dodo with the law, often taunt them or are repeated offenders.

A word of caution, that goes two ways. You do not really want the Feds to know what you are up to. In as much as, having this disease~using a medication that not only helps, but LIFTS your spirits;

Once, you find how much the correct strains help~you may decide to grow what you NEED. It is not something you will want to make public. As, at times, the legal plant count, can fluctuate, depending on your growing style and ability. If the states mmj 'allows' growing. IF it doesn't, financially, many have no choice.

So, use an email account that is not associated with your daily one, to post on a forum, if you seek a caregiver. I personally know a couple of caregivers, that have had great experiences with patients, on line, with local patients.

Some people use their real names and photos and seem to do well. I see no point in placing patients in need, in the spotlight. Once, you discover the oil and what it will do and the legal problems behind it, you will want to protect your right to use it.

19 states have legal mmj, I expect when that # hits 25, we are in for some serious nationwide 'conversations.'

Few people on the Cannabis sites really mess with serious patients. And are pretty helpful for information. There will always be a few stoners out there with negativism and taking some potshots, ignore them or flag their posts~others will help ya out.

I have a strong feeling, you will be able to find a caregiver in a legal fashion, close to your home. At least, I pray for that, for you! As well as, a compassionate caregiver!

It is my hope, that when someone has such tight muscles, as I get..there is that perfect strain, in your medicine cabinet, to "go to." Or which ailment is bugging you, you find and are able to have, a strain handy for it.

I was able to buy blueberry at a collective, last summer for $99. an ounce(I bought 2 ounces and hope I don't run out, before summer harvests). Wish I had bought more, though.
                            . With my discounts, it was almost half that. It was an outdoor grow (btw, outdoor is cheaper~ due to cost of electricity), I like the taste of outdoor, a bit more earthie tasting. I never smoked cigs.

Many don't care for outdoor grown, but it fits my budget! And I can tell little difference; except, in looking at the bud. It is often fluffier and the nugs aren't as tight. Just as potent and many debate that.

Oh, and for those wondering..MMJ, even smoked, has NEVER caused or contributed to lung cancer. New studies suggest it can cure it. I am yet to read a personal testimony, though. Doesn't mean it doesn't exist..I just haven't found it.

I see no appreciable difference, in medicine from outdoors or in. I have grown outdoors and it is easier and cheap as growing a tomato.

I know a guy that grows for his wife with MS and his outdoor is better than indoor grown, imho!

Last year I tried a Haze X Skunk, I loved for the daytime. It was a small gift and I didn't have enough to really remember much more; It is a nice daytime, uplifting, 'stay at home' med and I am going to look for that one.

Mostly, I stick to the tried and true strains and check out others, for the fun of it. There has to be something enjoyable, about treating this disease!

If anyone thinks using mmj is easy, well, it is not. Hunting for the right strain, then learning how to use it wisely, without waste.

Last year, I learned; That the process of getting it ready, is called "washing" it. My response to someone asking "if" i washed my bud, was: "What kind of soap should I use?"

Washing the bud, means: cutting the stems, leaf material and twigs and freeing the bud flower from the parts.

Then, you have to grind(or cut in tiny pieces) the herb, just as most herbs in your spice cabinet are, just not so fine. It is a project, at times. When I feel better, I have started preparing enough for awhile. My fingernails get dirty and fingers sticky.

I'd suggest a grinder with a spinner, at the top. I had a cheap one and read some stoners posting the difference of a cheap grinder to a decent one. 2 weeks ago, I bought a $30.00 one and the difference is tremendous. I do not have any friends that use recreationally and never have.

I won't let my pet near any of my meds. Many report mmj won't hurt them. I don't think they have a choice and feel, personally, it is wrong. IF my dog had cancer, I would try to treat her with the oil. I just don't think she likes it!

Which is why, I prepare mine over a pyrex dish (and I can even drop that)...so, it sits on a table, now. Protect your little companions and keep it safely away from others and little ones.

Can ya tell, I am passionate about this herb! It is my hope, that everyone suffering, needlessly, would have this herb, as a legal option. Which is why I am involved in the activism!

Vaporizer or edibles (medibles) are perfect! I was in my senators office, when I was asked, "how do you use it." I had a medible and produced it. Later, I was informed, it is illegal to take on the State Capital grounds! LOL Yet, opiates are, just fine!

The medibles tend to last for many hours longer than smoked or vaped. It took me years to discover, much of this information and I sure hope it helps, anyone 'considering' becoming more organic! And you can skip a few years of 'learning' how. fed

Comment

@ Fed

Thanks Fed. Very informative. As far as I know three Bills are still at Governor Corbett's Desk. H.R. 1523, SB 770 and HB 1181.

I still can't believe that so many radical far righr republicans had been elected in such a diverse blue area that I live.

I'm just look for a place to start for CBD in my area.

Thanks Fed. Maybe I should just move to SOCAL.

Bill Hicks

Comment

Yesterday, the CA supreme court ruled that cities have the Right to Ban collectives. The Inland Empire and my surrounding areas, are anti-Access.

Palm Springs, Los Angeles and San Diego; are currently, the only cities that I KNOW, provide for access and allow collectives. fed

Comment

Working...
                                X