No announcement yet.

Received Covid Vaccine yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I received my 1st dose of the Pfizer vaccine yesterday and no issues so far. I’m PPMS and on Ocrevus last infusion Nov 2020.
    My neurologist recommended getting the vaccine and said either Pfizer or Moderna vaccines were ok, but Johnson & Johnson was not ok.

Comment

Originally posted by pb909 View Post
      I received my 1st dose of the Pfizer vaccine yesterday and no issues so far. I’m PPMS and on Ocrevus last infusion Nov 2020.
      My neurologist recommended getting the vaccine and said either Pfizer or Moderna vaccines were ok, but Johnson & Johnson was not ok.
      Interesting did they elaborate on why not J&J? I was glad to get Moderna and that husband got Pfizer but mostly because I believed they provide greater efficacy although that seems to have been disputed.
      He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
      Anonymous

Comment

I received my first dose of Pfizer about 3 hours ago and so far it has been uneventful. My husband will get his second dose of Moderna on April 5th. My Daughter had her second dose of Moderna Thursday, had a difficult time with side effects Friday but is doing fine as of this morning. Take care everyone!
        Diagnosed 1984
        “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Fully vaccinated with Moderna. Sore arm 1 day and tired 2nd day. Husband fully vaccinated with Pfizer. My daughter had fever, aches, fatigue on 2nd Moderna. I have noticed those under 40 had more symptoms on 2nd shot than those over 60.

Comment

Originally posted by Louise View Post
            Fully vaccinated with Moderna. Sore arm 1 day and tired 2nd day. Husband fully vaccinated with Pfizer. My daughter had fever, aches, fatigue on 2nd Moderna. I have noticed those under 40 had more symptoms on 2nd shot than those over 60.
            I have also, anecdotally for sure but for example my parents 90yo and 80yo only had minimal soreness in their arms with both. Husband and myself who are in our 50s had moderate symptoms 2nd dose. A few colleagues in their 30s who are young and healthy were sidelined by the second shot. I would like to think I am just heartier than the young-ins but know in reality their immune system is more robust than us older folks.
            He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
            Anonymous

Comment

Yes, received my 1st Pfizer vaccine shot, will get the 2nd shot in 2 weeks. My arm was a tiny bit sensitive the first day after the shot. I also have the similar reaction when I get the flu shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Jules A View Post

Interesting did they elaborate on why not J&J? I was glad to get Moderna and that husband got Pfizer but mostly because I believed they provide greater efficacy although that seems to have been disputed.

He said since Johnson & Johnson is a live virus vaccine so he did NOT recommend it since I'm on Ocrevus.

Comment

Originally posted by pb909 View Post
                  He said since Johnson & Johnson is a live virus vaccine so he did NOT recommend it since I'm on Ocrevus.
                  None of the available vaccines contain live virus and the vaccines will not cause COVID-19.

The vaccines are not likely to trigger an MS relapse or have any impact on long-term disease progression. The risk of getting COVID-19 far outweighs any risk of having an MS relapse from the vaccine.

Learn more about how mRNA vaccines (Pfizer BioNTech and Moderna) and vector vaccines (J&J) work from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

COVID-19 Vaccine Guidance for People Living with MS | National MS Society | National Multiple Sclerosis Society

PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
                  ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

So glad to hear many people are able to get the vaccine at all places in the world! I heard having a reaction to the shots is a good thing. it means your body/immune system is doing what it is suppose to to build up the immunity from Covid. I didn't have any reaction other than a little headache after the second pfizer which made me worried if it would work but hearing so many people have various reactions makes me feel better about it. Hopefully we reach some normalcy soon!
                    Dx March 2018; possible first episode: August 2011
                    Tysabri May 2018-June 2019, Mayzent July 2019

Comment

Second Pfizer shot today. So far, just a sore arm. Hoping it stays that way, though I know 24-48 hour window is usually when side effects kick in. 🤞
                      Kathy
                      DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Originally posted by pennstater View Post
                        Second Pfizer shot today. So far, just a sore arm. Hoping it stays that way, though I know 24-48 hour window is usually when side effects kick in. 🤞
                        That's great Kathy! Hoping that's all you experience I get my second Pfizer this coming Friday so I will be checking back on how you are doing.
                        Diagnosed 1984
                        “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Got my second Pfizer vaccine Thur Apr 8th... good for the first 24 hrs - only felt a little "off" - but then developed a fever of 101.7 & EXTREME tiredness/fatigue - heart was rate elevated - that all lasted for about 18 or so hours. It's been 3 days since the shot and I'm still really fatigued...dragging my legs around with me today.

I see the posts above mention about the younger groups (30s / 40s) getting worse side effects so I'm surprised that I have had such a reaction. I'm 54 AND on Tecfidera.

Comment

Originally posted by VikingKitty View Post
                            Got my second Pfizer vaccine Thur Apr 8th... good for the first 24 hrs - only felt a little "off" - but then developed a fever of 101.7 & EXTREME tiredness/fatigue - heart was rate elevated - that all lasted for about 18 or so hours. It's been 3 days since the shot and I'm still really fatigued...dragging my legs around with me today.

I see the posts above mention about the younger groups (30s / 40s) getting worse side effects so I'm surprised that I have had such a reaction. I'm 54 AND on Tecfidera.
                            Not sure if this has been proven but I have heard and would hope the extreme reaction indicated your immune system really took a hold? My parents in their 80s-90s had no side effects with the second vaccine which worries me.
                            Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by SNOOPY View Post

That's great Kathy! Hoping that's all you experience I get my second Pfizer this coming Friday so I will be checking back on how you are doing.
                              No side effects really. My arm wasn't even as sore as the first shot. I actually had a great night sleep, did take a 30 minute nap, but that was after a busy day. So I might have any other day!

Hope all goes well for you. Let us know how you make out!
                              Kathy

Comment

Originally posted by Jules A View Post

Not sure if this has been proven but I have heard and would hope the extreme reaction indicated your immune system really took a hold? My parents in their 80s-90s had no side effects with the second vaccine which worries me.
                                Hope this puts your mind at ease.

"Each of our bodies releases different amounts of chemicals or immune signals," Dr. Poland explains further. "One body might release more than what's needed, causing the physical reactions, and another body might release exactly the right amount of immune signals. It's what we've called the 'Goldilocks phenomenon.' Not too much, not too little, but just right."

Excerpt from here:
                                https://newsnetwork.mayoclinic.org/d...-for-covid-19/

Hoping true because both my husband and I experienced the 'Goldilocks phenomenon' too.
                                Kathy

Comment

Working...
                                X