No announcement yet.

Received Covid Vaccine yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I got my first shot of Moderna I had chills plus burning sensation over body. Burning lasted about 30 secs. My husband pilled blankets on me and the chills got better. So I was worried about the 2nd thinking it could be worst but Praise the Lord I had zero side effects.
    God Bless Us All

Comment

Reg53, that is so good to hear! I'm hoping for that.

Comment

I had the first dose of pfizer on January 21st and had no side effects at all. Not even sore arm. February 11th i had 2nd shot. I took off the next day and everything expecting to not feel well. i was fine! I did have a little headache (felt like a congestion headache) and i was tired but i've been tired a lot lately. I heard not to take anything if you can avoid it. You want your body to to build the immunity and taking something for fever and what not can hinder that although if it gets bad enough to definitely take something. Just what i heard from some nurses. So many of my co workers had mix reactions with 2nd dose of Moderna. Some got really ill for a day or two while others had no side effect at all. Good luck everyone!
        Dx March 2018; possible first episode: August 2011
        Tysabri May 2018-June 2019, Mayzent July 2019

Comment

That is wonderful so many of you have gotten vaccines. I don’t think the reactions are anything to worry about. My 35 year old healthy son had a few days of fever and not feeling well.

Many people that I hear from say the second dose tends to have more side effects.

In my town in the wilderness shipments are not coming in enough to meet the need. We have these tiers and, although I qualify for 1b are still on 1b tier 1, which is 70 and older, Indians and people of color.
          it seem that people who get vaccines are the ones to sit at the computer all day and keep refreshing the page.

it looks like It with be March before I get my first dose. I really want the Pfizer or Moderna. I could see that they were the best from the get-go.

I hope everyone gets their vaccine. I think it’s worth it. Although I may feel differently if it makes me sick.

Comment

I am not ready to take a Covid vaccine yet. My wife says that I am going to take it. My father has already taken both doses of the vaccine. I do not feel that they did it right. I mean a true vaccine takes years to develop and they developed this one in less than a year. I am not going to take it unless I am forced to take it.

Comment

I think I am with you on this.
              I won’t say that I wouldn’t take it period but I’d like to wait for a bit until I see how it all plays out.
              plus I hate needles and every time I look at the TV someone is getting poked. I guess I’m just a big scaredy-cat
              It was one agains't 2.5million toughest one we ever fought.

Comment

Getting my second on Thursday. No idea on my neurologists opinion (well mine moved so I don’t have one atm) but I’d get it regardless.

the long term side effects of corona are a hard pass from me. So I’ll deal with a sore arm and fever for a day.

plus boyfriend is having surgery the same day as my vaccine so we plan to be miserable together the next day.

Comment

Good luck, Daisycat- I'm getting my 2nd on this Thursday as well. Let me know how it goes for you!

Will take whatever comes my way, but hoping for the best.
                  1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                  Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

I got the second dose of Moderna yesterday. It kicked off a worsening of my spasticity. I couldn’t uncurl my fingers or straighten my legs. My bedtime routine required help from my husband for everything. It’s better this morning, just slightly achy muscles. I did not have a fever.

The first dose didn’t cause any side effects. My Ocrevus infusion is scheduled for 2 weeks from today. I was supposed to have it in January but my neurologist put it off. He said getting the vaccine was more important, and to wait 2 weeks after the second dose.

Comment

Just adding to the conversation of use cases here..

Last Friday I had my second dose of Moderna. (For reference, I have had MS for over 20 years and am currently on Copaxone.) Per my doctor's advice, I did not take my Copaxone shot the day of the shot, but resumed the day after.

- After my first shot of Moderna I had flu-like symptoms for about 4 hours.

- After my second shot of Moderna, I had flu-like symptoms and a big headache for about 36(!) hours. Extra strength tylenol was helpful - I took 2 every 6 hours. (Keep in mind you're not supposed to have more than 6 in 24 hours). Making sure I ate and drank water throughout the day was helpful as well.

Comment

2nd shot of Moderna yesterday and only side effect was a mild headache at night that Advil took care of. Feeling tired today, but napping will help. I'm also drinking lots of water.

We all having varying side effects. There's no rhyme nor reason, from what I've heard!

Comment

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
                          2nd shot of Moderna yesterday and only side effect was a mild headache at night that Advil took care of. Feeling tired today, but napping will help. I'm also drinking lots of water.

We all having varying side effects. There's no rhyme nor reason, from what I've heard!

Well, I spoke too soon! As the day worn on, the spasticity in my legs ramped way up to the point walking was a major challenge (Baclofen didn't touch it).

Tomorrow is another day and grateful that I'm vaccinated!

Comment

Kansas is still somewhere in Phase two. I think I'll be eligible in phase 3.
                            ~ Faith
                            MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
                            (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
                            - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
                            - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
                            - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Did any of you have a choice in which vaccine you received? I heard that a lot of people had worse side effects with the second shot of the moderna vaccine.

Comment

Originally posted by nkh18 View Post
                                Did any of you have a choice in which vaccine you received? I heard that a lot of people had worse side effects with the second shot of the moderna vaccine.
                                From the people I know, it does appear Moderna has more side effects following 2nd shot.

I think alot of it is controlled by where you get the vaccine. So when scheduling, you have to know which vaccine they have on hand. For example, the rite-aids around my area all have Moderna, while the county clinics have Pfizer, and some J&J which is to be used for expediting teachers vaccines. The hospitals mostly seen to have Pfizer, but one group has Moderna.

My husband and I have a potential opportunity to get vaccinated from a clerical left over vaccine pool (offered due to volunteer work with clients at our church's food pantry ) - we had to check we were ok with either Pfizer or Moderna since they don't yet know the leftover they will have.

This may all change once more vaccine from all sources readily available and also due to Pfizer change in refrigerated requirement, which will make it easier for normal pharmacies to administer.
                                Kathy
                                DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Working...
                                X