Received Covid Vaccine yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nkh18 View Post
    Did any of you have a choice in which vaccine you received? I heard that a lot of people had worse side effects with the second shot of the moderna vaccine.
    I am in the age group where a lot of my peers/friends have gotten the 2nd Moderna shot. Some had more side effects, some few and some not at all!! Don't have a reason why.
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

I had my first dose of Moderna on 3/2/2021. I am not yet 60 (end of this month), but my Family doctor said I was eligible. I think my obesity and high BP is more of a risk factor than MS. My neurologist was not helpful in deciding. I am heading to a different state for the summer and will be around many teenage girls from that state. I didn't have any reactions to the first dose. In fact my Copaxone shot from two days before was sorer than the vaccine.
      Brenda
      Adversity gives you two choices in life: either let it make you bitter, or let it make you better! I choose the latter.

Comment

I've had both now-Moderna. First one was only sore arm for a couple of days. Second one hit me at about 22 hours after felt achy, chills, fatigue so I took a long nap and about 5 hours later felt fine.

For those with concerns about the rapid roll out I do understand but didn't feel as if I had a choice as I didn't want to catch COVID. I'm glad I wasn't the first 500 or so who received it but didn't want to wait too long. What I feel makes this different is the smartest minds in the entire world were working on this vaccine so I extrapolated that out to a reasonable equivalent of years if only one subset of scientists in our country working on it.

Since I don't recall hearing of significant detrimental adverse events long term from vaccines unless you count the Autism Spectrum theories which I don't my major concern was acute reactions. Fortunately or unfortunately? with MS future issues couldn't be directly linked to anything as it seems how this miserable disease rolls.

Thanks to everyone who shared their experiences and thoughts!
        He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
        Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
          Good luck, Daisycat- I'm getting my 2nd on this Thursday as well. Let me know how it goes for you!

Will take whatever comes my way, but hoping for the best.

mine ended up bring Friday (long story) wasn’t terrible but wasn’t fun. I had to go to work. I took a nice nap on the warming blankets.

Comment

Originally posted by Daisycat View Post

mine ended up bring Friday (long story) wasn’t terrible but wasn’t fun. I had to go to work. I took a nice nap on the warming blankets.
            I could have used warming blankets!
            He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
            Anonymous

Comment

I had the first Moderna shot. Second one next week. My husband had both Pfizer shots. Mild discomfort but, nothing compared to getting COVID-19 . I mean really, a couple of days of discomfort needs to be put in perspective!
              "Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

Currently on rituxan

Comment

I won't be taking it, but that is a new vaccine has nothing to do with my decision. Many years ago I had a series of reactions, in the form of increased symptoms, when I'd take a vaccine. But when I had a pneumonia vaccine, I had an exacerbation that laid me low for about a month. It is at that point that my GP and neuro agreed, no more vaccines for me.

So I haven't had a vaccine for years, flu, pneumonia, shingles, etc. I just opt out and have never received any negative feedback from my doctor's. I figure if I get COVD, I get COVD, and we'll see where that journey takes us.

A few months ago I had an episode where I became unresponsive. My husband was speaking with me, left the room, came back and I had passed out. So I was taken to the ER via ambulance. I quit breathing on the ambulance ride, and they called my husband once I was there and wanted to put me on a ventilator, which they did.

They ran lots of tests, checked everything (carotids, jugulars, MRA of brain) and determined it wasn't a stroke. And more tests to rule out heart attack. I came off the ventilator about a day after they put me on it. I'm on oxygen at home anyway, so it wasn't falling oxygen levels that caused it. I was in ICU for a couple of days, and then a regular room. I did find out rather quickly, I didn't have COVD...which was quicker than to go get a test at a testing facility

It just was, what it was, and I spent a total of 6 days in the hospital having them run tests, mess with my meds, wondering if it was a drug interaction. I left with exactly the same meds I was taking when I entered. They never did come up with an explanation (I have a large lesion in my medulla, but it didn't "light up" when they did an MRI).

All that to say, with this crazy disease, things happen and we can't control, when we will, or won't, have something occur. There's sometimes no explaining it. So if you feel like you should take the vaccine, go for it, and then deal with the side effects, when and if they occur. Nothing wrong with being informed though, so it is good to seek other's experiences, which you are doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
                  Kansas is still somewhere in Phase two. I think I'll be eligible in phase 3.
                  I'm grateful that my husband and I are scheduled for our COVID vaccination on March 15! We were able to get on a waiting list for people who are not yet "eligible" but are were available at "short notice", which was expected to be within 24 hours, but we have several days notice. It will be the Johnson and Johnson shot; only one required.

The more closely I read through our Kansas phases, the more it looked like I would not be eligible until Phase 4, not Phase 3, so I'm so glad to have the opportunity to get mine earlier.

~ Faith
                  MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
                  (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
                  - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
                  - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
                  - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Hi everyone: I am hestitant to get the vaccine; I did get a txt that they have one for me (Moderna)...I just want to see how the long-term effects of the shot are for people. I was dx in 2000 and have been on Rebif since 2004. Then the other voice in my head says, "Get the shot; it's better than taking a chance on getting the virus--plus they didn't start from 'scratch' with developing the vaccine--they already had variants from the SARS, etc"....I get a flu shot every year and never (knock on wood) have a reaction, but that's because I always take Tylenol BEFORE the shot. This one they say don't take anything before getting the shot--that makes me nervous. Can you take anything before the second shot??
                    Rule of Feline Frustration: When your cat has fallen asleep on your lap and looks utterly content and adorable, you will suddenly have to go to the bathroom.

Comment

Received the first Pfizer vaccine 4 hours ago. So far, mostly ok. I feel fine. Within 30 minutes, developed tickle in my throat, am hoarse, and losing my voice. Possible minor allergic reaction. My husband now gets to enjoy a day of peaceful silence 😂
                      Kathy
                      DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post

I'm grateful that my husband and I are scheduled for our COVID vaccination on March 15! We were able to get on a waiting list for people who are not yet "eligible" but are were available at "short notice", which was expected to be within 24 hours, but we have several days notice. It will be the Johnson and Johnson shot; only one required.
                        Got it today. An hour ago. 🙂

Initially, right away, it felt like it would be a "sore arm" shot.

But I did a bunch of shoulder rotations and I don't feel any soreness now. No other side effects yet.

~ Faith
                        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
                        - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.

- Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

I got my 1st dose of the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine 5 days ago. I had a barely sore arm and that is about it. I do have RRMS and I am taking Aubagio. My neurologist recommended getting the vaccine and said either Pfizer or Moderna vaccines were acceptable. We did not discuss the Johnson & Johnson product as it hadn't been approved by the FDA at the time of our discussion.

Comment

Received first Pfizer shot on Friday afternoon. Advanced RRMS. I’m on Ocrevus. Last infusion on Feb 10th. Neurologist said to go ahead it.Felt poorly on Saturday. Felt really badly on Sunday. ///I think I had an upsurge of Brain inflammation. Lots of fatigue and weakness. Monday, I feel better but not 100%. Hopefully, I’m through it.

Comment

Received 1st dose of Moderna on February 17. Had a sore arm and a headache the next day. Second dose was received on March 17. No problems except unusually tired for the next 2 days. I have been taking tecfidera for 7 years and doctor recommended that I get the vaccine. Someone asked if it's okay to take tylenol before receiving any of the vaccines. It is my understanding that this is not the recommendation. Better to wait to see if you need to take any pain or fever reducers.

Comment

It's so nice to hear that some of us are getting the vaccine. I'm still in my two-week caution period, but I'm trying to think about how life will have a new normal, again, after this is over.

~ Faith
                                (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Working...
                                X