Is anyone else DREADING the holidays??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have dreaded the holidays for years.
    We have one sister that loves to start trouble with every one of us, it is like a thrill for her to see how badly she can upset our lives. I still have not, nor will I probably ever, forgive her for a stunt she pulled 2 years ago with my family.
    This year is going to be worse because I am assuming everyone is going to be full of questions about MS. I am new to this too, I really don't know much yet, except for the way I personally feel.
    DX 10/26/11

Comment

I just don't have my heart in it this year

I host Thanksgiving. Exhausting. Christmas Eve is afternoon at my family, evening at the in-laws. When I had children I absolutely refused to go anywhere on Christmas Day. My kids are grown but I still hold fast to that because now I need to recover from Christmas Eve.

This year however, my son is a Marine, I'm very proud of him but he cannot be here for the holidays (first Christmas without my baby) and we have lost two other family members this year (one from each side). Too many people missing and my heart isn't in it. Just thinking about the holidays makes me want to curl up in a fetal position and cry.

Comment

Working...
      X