Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Total Heat Meltdown-Anyone else ever have this happen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also in SC heat!!

I understand exactly what you all are going through. I live in SE coastal SC and the heat and humidity here this summer has been unrelenting. Last month's electric bill for running the A/C all out was over $300 and I live alone!! Its horrible trying to go anywhere....and sometimes you just have to....my car is white and that might help but when its parked out in the sun its more than you can take getting back in.....it just doesn't cool down with A/C on full blast. Palmetto Queen where in SC are you?

Comment

i too get really bad in the heat you did the right thing by getting out of there. hopefully the family understands that you cannot do the heat for extended periods of time. why don't you look into getting a window unit for the house on the river for next year. that way you can still enjoy the trip yourself and when you feel you are getting worse you can escape to the room with the A/C unit in there. just an idea. but glad you are feeling better now.

Comment

I have been having a really hard summer as well and I am in Toronto, Canada! It is not just the heat I find, but when there is any humidity in the air as well it amplifies the heat effects tenfold.

The other day I had to drop my car off at the autoshop for a service, a few blocks from my work. Their shuttle was running behind so I decided I could walk it, was not that hot. While this is true the temperature was not that bad, the humidity and lack of air movement made it a bad idea. A 10-15 minute tops walk on a normal day turned into over an hour and made me wish I waited for the shuttle. I left the autoshop walking normal, I walked into my office with drop foot on one side, burning pain in the other, barely able to stand and definitely not able to see. The next day I was steroids....I learned my lesson.

Comment

I have had a terrible summer here in North Texas. We have had temps over 100 for 10 days now with no end in sight! I have no tolerance for the heat. Just going from the car to the house or getting the mail out of the mailbox totally wipes me out. I feel as though I have become a prisoner in my own home I'm ready for fall!
          Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about learning to dance in the rain! Diagnosed '99. And still learning about this disease!

Comment

I just wanted to encourage you through this hot summer. When I came out of the hospital in August 2006 I relapsed hard. My spasms were so bad. My family kept a vigil with me...at my worst day when I rolled over I spazed everywhere and had sharp pains raging up and down my body from head to toe.
            "My help cometh from the Lord who made heaven and earth."from the Book of Psalms--Psalm 121 (Verse 2).

Comment

I am visiting my DH in upper PA right now, I am from montana mountains, been quite a change. the heat and humidity are kicking my butt. we came last summer as well, and I don't think it was this bad. but I have really enjoyed being with my husband. we are starting home next week ( 5 days drive) it will be nice to get there. hang in there everyone.

Comment

love the A/C

I'm so glad to hear that others end up in tears due to heat.

I've not had the tingly sensory issues from the heat this year, but I've been close to tears a couple of times.

I missed a bus and decided to walk a couple of blocks to another stop. In cooler weather, this takes me less than 10 minutes. It took me 20 the other day. And I just kept looking at the nice lawns under the trees and thinking how much I wanted to lay down and take a nap. But it's a kind of posh neighborhood, so all I could think of was getting arrested for sleeping on someone's lawn.

Luckily the bus came quickly, and after about 5 minutes in the A/C I was fine again.

Taking LOTS of water with me when I go out.... but mostly I'm hopping in the bus before it hits 80, and getting out somewhere that's air conditioned...and staying there until evening.

I'm dreading the A/C bill for my apartment. I've used it more in the last month than in the last two summers combined.

Stay cool, everyone!

Comment

Working...
                X