Let's have some fun; stupid thing someone has said about dealing with MS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SERIOSLY LMAO

Sheem I was feeling o so down until I read your post..."MS sucks but zombies don't want to eat your brain" my grand daughter 5yrs old looking over my shoulder started laffing and than it hit me omg no she didnt say that and we both laffed so hard. Nana that is so funny. O my I am so happy I found this place. MS may have no cure but thank goodness it is not all doom and gloom ppl

Comment

I love this thread! What a great way to vent about the craziness out there.

I just got back from a cruise with my sisters. One of them fell/tripped over a year ago and hurt her knee. Now, I am sure it hurts, I am not discounting another's pain. However, I don't get the same respect Her hurt a year ago knee is apparently much more of a worry than my MS.

We had to go to a different place for check in. I was very shaky that day and was using my cane. I really wanted to go with them to this other building to do check in because i suck at limiting myself but two of my other sisters decided I was staying there with the suitcases. They are funny. Anyway....

The one with the previously hurt knee comments to me "Well, I wish I had brought MY cane today." I just looked at her. I really had no idea how to respond to that. I told my other sister about it later and she says I should have told her she could use mine if she would also take the disease that came with it.

Comment

I ONLY HOPE I REMEMBER

Geeze I hope when my symptoms get the better of me I remember all these great and funny comebacks because I am laughing so hard my granddaughter is looking at me like I have lost touch with reality...LMAO
        THX

Comment

Stupid Stuff

So...I have been having leg trouble this last week. But before I realized it, i was at a convention and was walking fast to get across the room. i tripped on a cord taped to the ground (apparently my leg didn't lift high enough) and I fell over. How embarrassing! Lots of gasping all around. I was fine, but good grief!! I stood up and introduced myself to the person I fell in front of. Nothing else to be done but be glad I didn't do any damage! The sore muscles 2 days later revealed my age though...I'm too old for falling...

Comment

Originally posted by WACVet View Post
            I get hit with a double whammy with that one......When I park, I have had so many people tell me, "you can't use your husband's plates to park in the handicap spot".... I have severely disabled Veteran's plates on my car, they are MY plates... I just happen to be a FEMALE Veteran with MS!

Thank you for your service to our country! Frankly, MS or not, I think you earned a closer parking place just by having served.

Comment

Originally posted by Toomnyhats View Post
              2. Doc asks if I am still working. Yes & I speaking of I need to get back. "Wow, you must be really strong! Everyone I know dx w/MS had to go on disability within a few months of dx." Umm?! No, not strong. I have invisible sx & am in the very early stages, work doesn't know of my dx, so why not work? I like $$$!
              A primary doctor I was trying out said something similar to me and made my decision about continuing care with him *very* easy.

OTOH, my gyn was awesome at my 1st appt after dx. She told me all about a colleague of hers who has MS; the colleague is also an OB/GYN and has continued to practice for more than 15yrs past dx. She stopped performing surgeries and seeing high-risk patients, but she has become a well-known instructor. That's the kind of story I like my doctors to tell me - motivating, realistic.

Comment

Originally posted by rdmc View Post
                The most frustrating response I ever had was from a dr. at a walk in clinic. I had a UTI develop on the weekend so I went to the walk in to get antibiotics. Told them I knew I had a UTI and wanted antibiotics because the UTI was making my MS symptoms flare. When they went to take my BP, I told them I always have high BP in the doctor's office (drives me crazy, but I my systolic shoots through the roof, diastolic remains normal.)

So they tested me and sure enough UTI. Took my BP and sure enough, something like 165/70 (typical for anxiety in a doctor's office for me.)

Then the dr. comes in and in her opinion, I'm stroking out because of my bp. I explain it's normal under these circumstances, but she's concerned about a stroke...so she starts with the questions:
                Pts with MS usually know more about their own health than the average come-in-for-an-annual-physical/sinus-infections pts. Why don't drs realize this?

When I was in the process of switching neuros and getting dx'd, my bp was routinely so high they thought the auto-bp machine was broken. Gee, stressed out about getting an MS diagnosis, who woulda thought?

Comment

"Uuummm, is that contagious?"

Yes, someone actually asked me that!

Comment

Funny

This is so funny it has to be bumped up.

Recently, my dm says to me "will the pain ever go away"
                    my verabal reply "will I ever walk normal?".

Nonverbal responses...
                    maybe when I'm cured
                    maybe when I'm high on some drug
                    maybe when you're not here

Comment

a couple more...

"... but don't the medications (Rebif) make you feel better?"

uhm, sure... if you like having the flu for months on end...

"... if you attended church more regularly, God wouldn't have given you this challenge"

... uhm, I guess being a church organist and playing for 2-3 services a Sunday every week wasn't regular enough attendance????

Comment

Originally posted by cj4music View Post

"... if you attended church more regularly, God wouldn't have given you this challenge"

... uhm, I guess being a church organist and playing for 2-3 services a Sunday every week wasn't regular enough attendance????

OMG!!!!
                        Do these people not remember John 9:1-3???

1. As he went along, he saw a man blind from birth.

2, His disciples asked him, “Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?”

3. “Neither this man nor his parents sinned,” said Jesus, “but this happened so that the work of God might be displayed in his life."

Comment

everytime I tell my dad about one of my symptoms and he says 'yeah I feel like that sometimes too....I probably have what you have. who knows.'

thanks....dad.

Comment

My favorites are from the 'professionals'- doctors, therapists, nurses, counselors. (Even from Voc-Rehab!)

1. "You still work full-time?" yeah, unless YOU want to pay my bills!
                            2."You haven't applied for disability yet?" See number 1.
                            3."What do you mean, you fell at work?" Doh..it happens sometimes when you try to make a living when you still can..
                            4."What assistive devices do you use?" <--this one as I'm sitting in my Jazzy power chair with my quad-cane in my hands...
                            Oh, and oh yes, the 'stroke' questions:numbness & tingling, vision loss,weakness.. to which I also reply:"I have MS, so, yes, yes, and yes!" <doh!>

As to the "At least its not cancer." Well, yes, I've recently survived having that as well..try having both, it's um, interesting.. I have seen a few jaws drop on that one.. that's when I laugh... that usually ends that line of conversation..LOL
                            The person who knows how to laugh at himself will never cease to be amused.

Comment

This from my old neuro's staff - he treats me for epilepsy, but not for MS anymore
                              Well, with MS, you don't really feel pain, just weak.

From my mother in law: Well, I only have known one person with MS and she's in wheelchair, I went to college with her. [No, you know two, you know me, and this is why we stopped telling you what's going on with me]

Mother in law again: Well, we've told you that you can come over and use our jacuzzi tub any time you need to. [she doesn't get that me and hot water don't mix]

Mother in law yet again [at a family 'attendance required' barbeque]: How are you doing?
                              Me: I feel like crap
                              Her: Maybe you should go sit down
                              My thoughts: No, maybe I should go home because I've got a freaking UTI and I'm having a psuedo-exacerbation, but you insisted we had to be here because aunt J is here. [DH made sure we left early, thank goodness]

And my favorite one from my born again Christian sister [I'm not remotely religious]: Well, I started going to church, and God has relieved me of my suffering from bipolar. If you start going to church, the same thing will happen to you, for your bipolar and your MS. I've prayed for you and you will be fine.

Really? From what I see you went off your meds and are manic now. And I fail to see how going to a church that I don't believe in will make me "all better".

My sister also did one of those two people that I went to high school now have MS and their doing fine (one is in a wheelchair, but sis thinks everything is just peachy).
                              Diagnosis: May, 2008
                              Avonex, Copaxone, Tysabri starting 8/17/11

Comment

1.well I have been accused to being "DRUNK" and i do not drink..lol

2. I was walking into a family gathering and fell flat on my face ( I am the type to laugh at myself) so I got up after laying there laughing for a few...my aunt asks me.."are you ok" I replied " I am fine i was just so happy I had to hug the floor!!" to this day I laugh about that! (If I can not laugh at my self then I do not need to leave the house!!)

3. My mother is a master hair stylists. I have hair down to my waist and keep it pulled up most days. I do good to brush it lol!!So I go to her work and have her help me with it. She was telling this lady about my MS at her work as I was walking in. ( I hate when she does that) And the lady just stared at me the entire time I was there. Finally before I left she asked how I got MS.. ( REALLY??!!) I told her I got it from using other peoples hair care supplies...and walked out of the shop. ( She should not had been such a snob!!)

Comment

Working...
                                X