X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defya
    replied
    You know you have MS when...

... You have this conversation after your DH purchases for you, the third unasked-for cane: "Darling, Sweet Love of my life, I really do appreciate that you have bought me yet another cane, but might you consider from now on, the default gift for me to be jewelry?"

Leave a comment:

• Seasha
    replied
    When your walls are fingerprinted from wall walking, the door jams are scarred with the walker and spills from whatever on the floor.....and you're too fatigued to clean everything, every time!

Leave a comment:

• PattiHNC
    replied
    you know....

when you are suddenly bombarded with people who say things like "I have a co-worker (friend, neighbor, aunt, uncle's sister-in-law's best friend's niece) who was (note past tense) like you. (S)He was cured by this diet (insert newest miracle diet here, or cutting out a certain food group, eating ONLY this food group, exercising more, not exercising so much, taking that pill they show on TV, cutting out all meds. etc.)

Leave a comment:

• PattiHNC
    replied
    yep

Originally posted by Tawanda View Post
    Michael J. Fox said "pity is a benign form of abuse". I couldn't agree more!
    I totally agree. I HATE those looks.

Leave a comment:

• Tawanda
    replied
    When...

You no longer freak out when you fall...UNLESS there are witnesses!

Leave a comment:

• Tawanda
    replied
    When...

"The comfy clothes sale" thread below this gets you totally psyched!

Leave a comment:

• Tawanda
    replied
    Originally posted by PattiHNC View Post
    when people give you those sorrowful, pitying, halfway scared looks, as if expecting you to fall over dead any second.
    Michael J. Fox said "pity is a benign form of abuse". I couldn't agree more!

Leave a comment:

• msgijo
    replied
    You know you have MS ..

... when after ten minutes you remember what you wanted to say, only to forget again mid-sentence - after interrupting the new conversation so that you wouldn't forget again

Leave a comment:

• jeannef1
    replied
    Originally posted by Echo2099 View Post
    ....when you look all over the house for your glasses and then find them on top of your head!
    ...when you panic because your contacts wont come out and you realize you're not wearing your contacts

Leave a comment:

• Echo2099
    replied
    ....when you look all over the house for your glasses and then find them on top of your head!

Leave a comment:

• PattiHNC
    replied
    when.....

when people give you those sorrowful, pitying, halfway scared looks, as if expecting you to fall over dead any second.

Leave a comment:

• kmathis
    replied
    You know you have MS when you walk and talk like you are drunk when you don't drink.

Leave a comment:

• Seasha
    replied
    Originally posted by Tawanda View Post
    When you have to pee so quickly after drinking your coffee you might as well pour the pot directly down the toilet and avoid the "middleman"!
    LOL to this

You know you have MS, when the leakage is so bad, you have to go and buy pads for the first time in years. (I'm post-menopausal!)

And bras? Wearing a bra is like having the MS hug! I am sans bra for the most part and use vests to cover up!

Leave a comment:

• DPL2014
    replied
    Hahaha Tawanda!

Thanks for starting this thread. Your "pour the coffee down the toilet" one was hilarious!

You know you have MS when you make a mental note as you leave the house about where the bathrooms will be at the destination, along the route to the destination, and at what point it will be safe to drink water in case you have to go.

Leave a comment:

• Tawanda
    replied
    Originally posted by Cat Mom View Post
    Another bra related one...

You know you have MS when...
    You actually have a selection of MRI bras!
    Hah! Bra and poo poo issue threads are never out of style here! I had bra issues befor MS and all I can say is thank goodness for those ugly old lady Genie Bras (tried the Ahh Bra, but no pads and I have lost some stuffing up top through the years)! Going bra-less is not an option for me in public places!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X