Clear All

• Seasha
    replied
    Thought I'd bump this fun thread up!

Leave a comment:

• hsmaldo
    replied
    When

you begin to stalk the pharmaceutical websites for "Live Events" in your area so you and your significant other can get out for a date night at a nice restaurant.

And, you know you've been to one too many of these events WHEN,

the pharmaceutical rep remembers your name.

Leave a comment:

• Tawanda
    replied
    Originally posted by Skidder View Post
    When you spend a lot of time reading posts on this site because you've found a group of people who get it and don't (inadvertantly) tick you off.
    So true Skidder! You know you have MS when you're HERE!

Leave a comment:

• Skidder
    replied
    When

When you spend a lot of time reading posts on this site because you've found a group of people who get it and don't (inadvertantly) tick you off.

Leave a comment:

• Skidder
    replied
    ugh

Originally posted by PattiHNC View Post
    when you are suddenly bombarded with people who say things like "I have a co-worker (friend, neighbor, aunt, uncle's sister-in-law's best friend's niece) who was (note past tense) like you. (S)He was cured by this diet (insert newest miracle diet here, or cutting out a certain food group, eating ONLY this food group, exercising more, not exercising so much, taking that pill they show on TV, cutting out all meds. etc.)
    I tell people that 5 minutes on Google makes everyone a doctor, lawyer, and a pervert. Add to the list (for me), people who send information about treatment and advances for relapsing MS when you have Primary-Progressive MS.

Leave a comment:

• hunterd
    replied
    when you need to take a nap multiple times daily!

Leave a comment:

• KoKo
    replied
    You know you have MS when...

Originally posted by Tawanda View Post
    YOU KNOW YOU HAVE M.S. WHEN..
    When, out of necessity, you must practice "mindfulness" with every step and every movement more intensely than a Buddhist Monk.

(my thoughts as I try to figure out how to clean up the eggs I just dropped on the floor......)

Leave a comment:

• msgijo
    replied
    ... my little puppy, Pippa.

Who knew I did NOT belong in the floor, and obviously wanted to do something about it! Trouble was, she didn't know what, so she sort of exploded, running at top speed around and around me, somersaulting over my head, dashing down the hall to make sure O.V. knew I needed help, back to me to bark at me and tell me she had barked at "Daddy", and start her show all over again. Before anyone says or just thinks it, she was not playing, she was frantic, she absolutely knew something was wrong. Wow, looking back over this looooong post, how blessed I really am so this post is really another blessing!
    Yes, aren't the animals just great ? Had a dog once that - with no training at all - made sure to let me know when dh (diabetic) was having a low sugar episode.

Glad to see you are doing better today, and thanks for sharing .

Leave a comment:

• KoKo
    replied
    MS is when you can count receiving at hour long steroid IV, after hours of indescribable pain from muscle spams, as a blessing. But it's not just a pity post'

I am grateful for: the ems team who came out at about 8:00 last night to haul me up off the floor and into bed, a different team who came at about 10:00 to take me to the hospital when the pain just kept getting worse, despite 2 different muscle relaxants and a pain pill, my husband who deals with this wretched disease as much as I do, just in a different way, my son, who came out around 11:00 last night to be there for his daddy and for me, my daughter, who I know would have been there too, but is 5 hours away, starting a new job ( that's another blessing! ), the overworked, under appreciated emergency staff, even my little puppy, Pippa.

Who knew I did NOT belong in the floor, and obviously wanted to do something about it! Trouble was, she didn't know what, so she sort of exploded, running at top speed around and around me, somersaulting over my head, dashing down the hall to make sure O.V. knew I needed help, back to me to bark at me and tell me she had barked at "Daddy", and start her show all over again. Before anyone says or just thinks it, she was not playing, she was frantic, she absolutely knew something was wrong. Wow, looking back over this looooong post, how blessed I really am so this post is really another blessing!
    Thank you for sharing!

Although I do feel bad about your pain and your fall, your post is very engaging to read.

Your willingness to continue to have gratitude is inspiring also.

Take care

Leave a comment:

• PattiHNC
    replied
    when....

MS is when you can count receiving at hour long steroid IV, after hours of indescribable pain from muscle spams, as a blessing. But it's not just a pity post'

I am grateful for: the ems team who came out at about 8:00 last night to haul me up off the floor and into bed, a different team who came at about 10:00 to take me to the hospital when the pain just kept getting worse, despite 2 different muscle relaxants and a pain pill, my husband who deals with this wretched disease as much as I do, just in a different way, my son, who came out around 11:00 last night to be there for his daddy and for me, my daughter, who I know would have been there too, but is 5 hours away, starting a new job ( that's another blessing! ), the overworked, under appreciated emergency staff, even my little puppy, Pippa.

Leave a comment:

• KevsLuv
    replied
    When you...

...FINALLY came up with a clever contribution to this thread but forgot it in the time it took to navigate to this page. 😯

Leave a comment:

• Tawanda
    replied
    When...

All the MS mail you used to think would be full of exciting news about upcoming cures now just goes directly in the same bin as all the other junk mail!

Leave a comment:

• KevsLuv
    replied
    Omg!

Originally posted by msgijo View Post
    ... when after ten minutes you remember what you wanted to say, only to forget again mid-sentence - after interrupting the new conversation so that you wouldn't forget again
    This happens to me almost daily! Geez I hate it!

Leave a comment:

• Tawanda
    replied
    Originally posted by Defya View Post
    ... You have this conversation after your DH purchases for you, the third unasked-for cane: "Darling, Sweet Love of my life, I really do appreciate that you have bought me yet another cane, but might you consider from now on, the default gift for me to be jewelry?"
    No doubt. Having M.S. (and in my case, aging at the speed of light) doesn't mean we stopped being women! Heck, I even need to remind myself of that sometimes! Bring on the jewelry...my birthday is coming up!

But of course hubby means well, though...

Leave a comment:

• Tawanda
    replied
    When...

You actually find the energy to run errands but not enough energy to put any work into your appearance, so you shop out of town to avoid running into anyone you know!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X