Bucket List.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't have one

I've never written or thought of a finite list of what I wish for. I know I am depressed when I realize I am afraid of wishing for anything beyond what I am capable of having now (and by capable I mean can realistically attain.)

But I know that I can write a story in which the characters can have whatever I wish them to have, and so I can enjoy those things through my characters.

I have just finished writing the saga of the diagnosis of MS, and it will be up on Amazon soon. I feel free of the weight of that story, now written and bound in a book, and I can now turn to writing the fiction that I so frequently dream.

A list? No, that would have a beginning and an end, and a linear qualifier of first to last, or best to least ...

Not a list for me. Endless possibilities and abstractions lie ahead in my imagination, just waiting to be made real within a story.
    First symptoms: 1970s Dx 6/07 Copaxone 7/07 DMD Free 10/11
    Ignorance was bliss ... I regret knowing.

Comment

I have thought about a list but can't get myself together enough to write one. I just want to retire (1.5 more years) and do things around my house. I want to get up when I want, I want to have breakfast by the pool, I want to read my book as long as I want by the fireplace, I want to spend more time with my granddaughters, I want to put all of my bills, papers etc in an organized folder. I want to make cards for people I love. I want to pick up my scrapbooking where I left off. I want to walk in the rain. I want to go to the mountains. I want to work a little each day in my flower garden. I want to have lunch with friends. I want to have supper cooked for my husband. I want to play more with my little dogs. I want to take rides in the woods. ALL ARE WITHIN MY REACH if I can make this 1.5 years at work, leave and never look back!

Comment

Originally posted by WIborn View Post
        Being military I have been "lucky" and been able to go TDY to Thailand and Saudi Arabia in my earlier years. Lived in Korea, Alaska and a few other states.

I have always wanted to be stationed in Germany or England and now that I have MS, I can't. So, my wish is to travel to Germany, England, and Spain. My husband won't let me and my daughter go cause of my memory issues...he doesn't want me getting "lost" in another country while traveling with our daughter...LOL
        I was stationed in Japan and Hawaii.
        Three years in Hawaii was too long (you can literally see everything on Oahu in about three weeks) but I'd like to go back to Sasebo, Japan again.

Comment

I have always wanted to do a lazy drive from San Francisco to New York. Time would cease to exist as I enjoyed each day for every new town or sight that came my way. I remember fondly traveling with ex wife when I was younger. What stays in my mind most was the excitement and adventure of it all.

Turning 50 in Jan 2013 so it would be a great time to make it happen. Only problem is the weather sucks that time of year. Son will be in final year before uni, so I may have to shelve it a little while longer.

Comment

All of mine would be sports related. I would want to see the University of Kentucky win a championship, beat Alabama, and the basketball team win one more championship. I know it seems crazy but it would be something me, my little sister, and dad could share without worrying about me for a little while.

Comment

A week in Acadia National Park.
              Touring around Scotland.
              Trans-Canada rail trip.
              Alaska cruise.
              RRMS: dx:March '07. Started CombiRx June 2007 - Avonex or Copaxone or Both; Study unblinded Nov.2011 - have been on only Copaxone.
              "e lascia pur grattar dov'e la rogna" (Dante "Divine Comedy")

Comment

Originally posted by theofficemommie View Post
                I want to see every nook and crany(SP?) of the Winchester Mystery Mansion. I loved the tour I had, but I know there is so much more to it.
                Just think of the huge sections that are off-limits because of earthquake damage from 1904! I would just love to be allowed to poke around everywhere in there. I liked the tour but I wanted to be allowed to go the places that were cordoned off. Also I wished they had a book in the gift shop about the Mansion that would maybe include a floor plan. That would be so cool!
                Proud Mom of three kids!
                dx'd 1996

Comment

I don't have a bucket list but if Dreams could come true~I would so L.O.V.E to visit the #1 zoo in the USA. I would need it all expense paid and spend a week. I would like to stay in the best hotel with nature all around. The room would have a balcony that over looked nature while I took frequent rests from my Dream Trip..I would love to see all the animals.
                  That was fun..Thankyou

Comment

Redeemed and Theofficemommy, email me. I might be able to make the animal/wildlife parts come true. I live at an exotic animal sanctuary in Sinclairville, NY. We have lions, tigers, bears, wolves, and foxes. My email is in my profile!
                    Rae Roy

Comment

How wonderful Royal. Those are the things I would like to be able to do for other people. My husband and I have always dreamed of going to diners in small towns and leaving a $100.00 tip under the plate. We would be gone by the time the waitress found it! Wouldn't that be wonderful?

Comment

Originally posted by Lexie View Post
                        How wonderful Royal. Those are the things I would like to be able to do for other people. My husband and I have always dreamed of going to diners in small towns and leaving a $100.00 tip under the plate. We would be gone by the time the waitress found it! Wouldn't that be wonderful?
                        It would. A lot of waitresses only make $2/hr and survive on tips... A great way to pay it forward!
                        Rae Roy

Comment

Originally posted by Lexie View Post
                          I did that on accident once because. The blurred vision made this $100 look like a $10. My daughter saw me put the $100 bill in the tip tray and said, "Did you mean to do that, cause I don't think he was that good of a waiter, or that good looking."

I do not have MS. I have Whatchamacallit; and all of the symptoms are mirages.

Comment

I should definately start a bucket list!! Great idea!

The first two things I would do are:

Go to Santorini, Greece - Ahhh, it looks amazing!

Move back to the West coast where we grew up and all our family and friends are - Which we'll be able to do in three years because my husband will be able to transfer bases at that time.

I'm sure I could fill a whole notebook with my bucket list!

Comment

Working...
                            X