Bucket List.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bucket List.......

so, who has one either mental or actually on paper? I think it's a great idea, I started on about 2 years ago prior to my dx because i kinda knew something wasn't quite right and i figured it was MS.

So, I have a ton of junk on mine..... I've already done two things on my list. it was swim with a dolphin and see antiqua...

anyone else interested in doing one? if so, what would be something on your list?? and if i've already posted this particular subject I do apologize..... it may just be my faulty memory lol.... as I was typing I felt like i've done this before
    Jen Dx'd 5/11
    "Live each day as if it were your last"

Yep, I have one too. Checked one thing off last year...see Bruce Springsteen in concert. May seem kinda lame to some people...but this was huge for me.
    Opiegirl, Dx 1991
    Have never used DMD's.

LDN 9/2011-9/2012 & just started again 6/14
    Estriol 9/12-present
    Still Hopeful.

Comment

Sorry- don't have a bucket list! Maybe when and if my balance comes back I can get somewhat active again.

opiegirl- GOOD ONE!!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE BRUCE and the boys!! Hubby and I saw them in Milwaukee in I think 2005. I remember walking thru the parking lot- and going up a bunch of steps. The very next day I was having trouble walking - had ms, but I had no idea of it. I also remember saying that I was lucky that the problem walking wasn't the day before, cause I never would have been able to walk like I did.

**** I guess you could put WALKING with somewhat GOOD BALANCE on my bucket list.

Comment

Opie thats' totally a bucket list item

Cathy yup walking could be one silly....... it's all about dreams and hopes... I have stuff on there that well let's just say it's kinda out there!!

have you ever seen the movie bucket list with those two guys i can't remember their names? umm ok Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman... wow i remembered! lol
        Jen Dx'd 5/11

Comment

I think because it is my vision that worries me most I have been thinking about things I want to see

- an active volcano
          - an amazing aurora borealis
          - the cliffs of Dover
          - fields of heather in Scotland
          all with my daughters so I can see the looks on their beautiful faces.

I am very lucky because I have traveled a lot and there is nothing like it.
          M.
          A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?
          Albert Einstein

Comment

I too saw all the pictures of the recent aurora borealis I think seen as far south as Georgia? Up here in the NE it was cloudy.

One summer in Maine when I was maybe 7 or 8 my Gram woke us up to see what she called the northern lights, as is common in the summer they were blue and white, not multicolored but they were still breathtaking.
            M.
            A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?
            Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by maitrimama View Post
              I too saw all the pictures of the recent aurora borealis I think seen as far south as Georgia? Up here in the NE it was cloudy.

One summer in Maine when I was maybe 7 or 8 my Gram woke us up to see what she called the northern lights, as is common in the summer they were blue and white, not multicolored but they were still breathtaking.
              We saw them in northern Maine for a few winters back in the 80's. Mostly blues and greens and very cool.

Meanwhile, I read last weekend that the original members of Black Sabbath are re-uniting again and touring next year (Hello, Tommylee?).
              I blew off seeing them many many years ago, still not really a fan boy BUT I'm thinking about it.

Comment

i have one on paper. only way i would remember everything on it. it is currently roughly 75 things long. it reminds me of a reason to get up every morning and push on.
                Learn from yesterday
                Live for today
                Hope for tomorrow

Comment

cute 75??

I gotta get writing........ I soo wanna learn how to fly a plane, or at least take one lesson. I think thats' what I'll be saving for next. there's an airport right down the road they charge 150 for the lesson...... and you get a real airbook or whatever its' called with "air" time soo cool
                  Jen Dx'd 5/11

Comment

I want to ride an ostrich.
                    I want an all-access see-everything tour of the Winchester Mystery Mansion.
                    I want to visit the Holy Land with my son.
                    Proud Mom of three kids!
                    dx'd 1996

Comment

Hi Sunshine, sometimes I forget to check back on posts. Yes- I did see the movie. I thought it was awesome!! Remember having tears running down my face at the end!

Comment

Being military I have been "lucky" and been able to go TDY to Thailand and Saudi Arabia in my earlier years. Lived in Korea, Alaska and a few other states.

I have always wanted to be stationed in Germany or England and now that I have MS, I can't. So, my wish is to travel to Germany, England, and Spain. My husband won't let me and my daughter go cause of my memory issues...he doesn't want me getting "lost" in another country while traveling with our daughter...LOL
                        Diagnosed April 2010

Copaxone May 2010 - April 2011; Tysabri May 2011 - Present

Comment

I want to go out west.
                          1. Stop in Texas and see my high school friend and his family.
                          2 See the Grand Canyon. (I now the hover round thing lol.)
                          3 Painted desert
                          4 Roswell

Comment

I want to get out my Bronica (medium format camera) which I haven't laid a finger on and make time to get out and take pictures.

I want to marry my bf (which would be our second)

I want to see Scandinavia

I want to learn Swedish

I want to walk down the isle at my kids weddings (they are 11 and 7)

oh and Bob- I thnk I could handle a Black Sabbath reunion concert too....
                            ~seeuinct (Connecticut)
                            Dx the first time: 10/25/11
                            Avonex 1/12-10/12
                            Revaluation of Dx 10/12
                            Rediagnosis 7/14

Comment

I have just a few things that I really would like to do...

one is the same as Hawkgirl. I want to see every nook and crany(SP?) of the Winchester Mystery Mansion. I loved the tour I had, but I know there is so much more to it.

I would love to be able to have a good camera and take awesome wildlife photos.

I want to get to an emotional level in my life where I am able to volunteer(SP?) in a hospice setting. I feel there is no greater gift than being able to be there and help someone through their last phase in this wolrd. I was able to be there for my grandmother and it was something I will never forget.

Comment

Working...
                              X