No announcement yet.

Castor Oil packs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just finished up 3 days of the castor oil pack. I used plain flannel fabric (I sew and had some on hand) and kept it in a plastic container in between uses. I'd heat it in the microwave (20 seconds) before using it. I used garbage bags..1 to lay on and 1 cut up to cover the pack. Over the plastic I placed an electric heating pad and then a towel over that.

There isn't much smell and it wipes off with a towel okay. My skin turned blotchy red but that was from the heat and went away without problem.

I plan on doing another 3 days at the end of the week. I haven't really noticed anything but my system is so messed up.

Hope everyone else is enjoying the warmth and relaxing while doing it. I've been practicing breathing exercises while I'm laying there! I can't hold a book while lying down so mind games are good!
    I'm not perfect....just forgiven!

Comment

I just finished up my 3 days, too. On the morning of Day 2, after one day with a castor pack, I had bowel movements 4-5x. I was just at home, so it was OK. They weren't loose stools, and they weren't large movements (sorry - TMI) -- just sort of came in stages, instead of all at once, I guess.

Not really any side effects from the other 2.

I think I'll plan to do it once a month, or so.

~ Faith
      ~ Faith
      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

I am in my first week of trying this and the first day I just felt bloated and then the second time I felt bloated again and got a massive migraine which I still have. I get migraines anyways but can this be explained by the castor oil pack Tara? Am I doing something wrong, i.e. do you have a suggestion of how to space it out with consideration to meals, sleeping, etc.?

Comment

absorption question

I have been reading more about this and am finding a consensus recommendation to do it for 1 hour 3days in a row initially, right before bedtime. I would like to continue this but...

Absorption of molecules is not something I have studied or understand. But there is one thing that is bothering me now. I am trying to greatly limit my saturated fat intake. I read that this oil is actually an unsaturated fat. Is this something I need to even be worried about, in other words, is this being absorbed into my body and upping my fat stores for the day or is it just "passing through?"

Comment

the evidence

One more note. Livestrong.com sites that there is no medical evidence to confirm their effectiveness. Why are you so adamant about their use Tara?

Comment

Working...
            X