Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Castor Oil packs

Tara,
    I see you mention these in a post. This is a new area for me. I read this is using material soaked in the oil on the outside of the skin with applied heat.

Please explain the physiology etc. I plan on buying some and trying it.

Thanks
    Don't be afraid of the waves- Focus on the MASTER walking on the water - you won't even SEE the waves

Twenty Miles,
    I just found these directions from Tara in an old post, thought you may be interested:

DirectionsPour ~1/8 cup on an old wash cloth and place on the upper abdomen, right below the sternum. Then either a hot water bottle or a heating pad (but the heating pad will get ruined) over the wash cloth and let the heat soak it in for 20-30 minutes. Messy
    This is the easiest, most effective TRICK i have in my reportage, This is a million dollars worth of advice! lol
    I have been using castor packs since 1990; it drains the lymph nodes. The lymph nodes collect all the circulating "garbage" in our bodies. They have basically 2 jobs: 1. catch the garbage (protective) and 2. make lymphocytes (WBCs). If the lymph nodes are full of garbage they can't perform their most important job.
    Do the castor packs 2-3/week and then 1-2x/month.

I just bought my castor oil, (it was 5.99 at Whole Foods) and my hot water bottle. I don't know what to expect after doing the packs. Will I "feel" anything, have diarrhea or anything like that? I guess we'll find out.....

Comment

CocoH,
      Thanks for the info.
      Don't be afraid of the waves- Focus on the MASTER walking on the water - you won't even SEE the waves

Comment

So COCOh,
        How was it ? what did the castor paks do?
        I am very curious and do want to try it.
        Thanks
        Bellesmith345

Comment

I did my first one last night. I had a lot acid reflux afterwards (which is my "issue") & a slightly upset stomach. Nothing major though. Maybe it was coincidence? Anyway, I'm going to do it again tomorrow & then one more time in another day or two. Tara's recommendation had been to do it 2-3 times the first week & then once or twice a month thereafter. I'm hoping that between this & the G-Free diet, I'll start seeing some differences!

Comment

I did the pack last night for the first time. I couldn't feel a difference. I'll be doing it for the next 2-months and let you know.

Comment

Originally posted by CocoH View Post
              I did my first one last night. I had a lot acid reflux afterwards (which is my "issue") & a slightly upset stomach. Nothing major though. Maybe it was coincidence? Anyway, I'm going to do it again tomorrow & then one more time in another day or two. Tara's recommendation had been to do it 2-3 times the first week & then once or twice a month thereafter. I'm hoping that between this & the G-Free diet, I'll start seeing some differences!
              Hang in there, keep doing it. It will sift the pH of the bowels and kill yeast..contributors to acid-reflux.
              This is my analogy: the lymphatic system is like a drain field. And if its "full" it will keep backing up (re-infecting) the entire system.
              NutritionTara
              Eat better, feel better and be richer for it.

Comment

I'm definitely going to try this, I'm tired of taking acid reflux medicine. If there's any chance this could help with that and possibly other things it's well worth trying! Thanks everyone!

Jen

Comment

I thought the lymph system was a spleen thing, however today my kidneys are feeling some pain. Not sure there is a relationship.

Comment

I'm thinking that I shouldn't be doing the pack at night after I've eaten? Maybe this contributed to me having an upset stomach & reflux after? I had planned on doing another pack tonight but will wait until tomorrow or next day when I can do it during the day sometime more on an empty stomach.
                    Twenty Miles, have you done another pack yet?
                    I'd like to keep hearing updates from anyone else who's trying this!

Comment

I'm thinking that I shouldn't be doing the pack at night after I've eaten? Maybe this contributed to me having an upset stomach & reflux after? I had planned on doing another pack tonight but will wait until tomorrow or next day when I can do it during the day sometime more on an empty stomach.
                      Twenty Miles, have you done another pack yet?
                      I'd like to keep hearing updates from anyone else who's trying this!
                      I did one and will again tonight, still not sure if I can feel any difference.

I found this video showing Edgar Cayce's method.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVaCT80TzlY

Comment

Thanks for the video link! Did my second one today & am going to do a third tomorrow or Tues.

Comment

Originally posted by Twenty Miles View Post
                          I did one and will again tonight, still not sure if I can feel any difference.
                          Anything? How many packs have you done now?
                          I've done 3: 1 last week & then Sun & Mon. I don't really feel a difference, at least not yet. This is totally TMI but I did have some wicked gas for a short time after the first 2 packs. I have to assume this was my body getting rid of some of the "toxins?" I hoping that between doing this & the G-free diet I will start to feel a difference. Patience is not one of my strong suites, but I'm trying to be patient!! I know I have to give it some time, esp with the G-free.

Comment

Anything? How many packs have you done now?
                            I've done 3: 1 last week & then Sun & Mon. I don't really feel a difference, at least not yet. This is totally TMI but I did have some wicked gas for a short time after the first 2 packs. I have to assume this was my body getting rid of some of the "toxins?" I hoping that between doing this & the G-free diet I will start to feel a difference. Patience is not one of my strong suites, but I'm trying to be patient!! I know I have to give it some time, esp with the G-free.

I skipped a week and started again last night. Will do 2-more nights.

Again, kidney pain- so that is a constant. Urine seemed darker, but that could be from anything. Overall, not sure, but will stick with it for 2-months. Tara's advice has been 100% correct and helped me.

An interesting side note is that I have Vitiligo. My wife noticed when we got home from the pool, my right elbow and 80% of my left hand had repigmented. These have been mottled stone white for 12+ years.

Comment

possible results

I did my initial 3 castor oil packs. After those, one thing I was noticing is that I didn't have much gas at all. I was assuming that was possibly a result of being Gfree. However, last week I started being fairly gassy again. So, I did a castor oil pack. Well, since then I've had virtually no gas. So, maybe the castor oil packs are doing something.

Comment

Working...
                              X