Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 10/12/17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 10/12/17

Hi Everyone. I want to once again put in a plug for Mamabug’s exercise group. For several years I have been exercising regularly, the impetus being having been prescribed physical therapy by my neuro. I know exercise is extremely important for me to be able to function at my best. Since I joined the exercise group I have not missed a single session of my exercise program. That was not always the case before. I don’t want to have to report that I failed to meet my commitment to the group. Best wishes to all of us who struggle to be the best we can be.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained. That is to say I stayed the same despite believing I was eating less. Thus, I again weigh 115 which is my goal weight but I want to lose a couple more pounds before my birthday which is on Halloween. I know I will gain a couple of pounds with my son and daughter’s visit.

Well hello, abidingjones. It is so good to hear from you. Having you rejoin our group would be great. We all are continuing to do the best we can and hope you will join us in our endeavors. Best wishes. Karen

Agate, so sorry to miss you this week. I fear that you are still bogged down with many tasks. Do take care.

Mamabug, sorry about your gain but since it is small it is not a catastrophe. I know that based on your pattern that you will soon go down again. It is almost impossible to stay the same week after week. I can’t imagine how Agate does it. The rest of us must settle for weight shifts. Keep up your positive momentum.

Hsmaldo, Happy Birthday. I can tell you reaching 40 isn’t so bad. In fact at this point in my life it sounds really good! I wish you dozens more birthdays. I totally applaud you for your active life. I remained very active for many years after my diagnosis and I don’t regret it one bit but rather celebrate it. I have many wonderful memories I would not have if I had “taken it easy.” May your life continue to be filled with joy.

Msgijo, good for you for not going overboard. I had to smile over your goal to gain .1 pound. I can’t image how I would go about accomplishing that exact amount. You are so right when you said, “even small changes result in big results - if done on a consistent basis.” That should be our mantra.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for over 15 years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip For The Week:

Dr. Oz says, “Muscle burns at least four times as many calories as fat does, so try twenty minutes of strength straining two to three times a week.” This tip coincides with my opening statement. I hope you all can take advantage of this tip if you haven’t already. I also hope those who are using those muscles will continue to do so.

Weight Loss Results:

Total Loss:

.5 pound by one member. Hsmaldo, good for you for being the one responsible for reporting a loss this week. We all should have been so diligent. Good luck for further losses and may we all join you this coming week.

Total Gain:

2.0 pounds by three members. The gains are small so are not catastrophic. Thank you for reporting which will help us stay alert and on task.

Stayed The Same:

0 members. As we know, staying the same truly is success, including for those who are maintaining. Just keep remembering it is the time before the next loss if you have more to lose. Also staying the same is a signal that you are eating the right amount to maintain your losses.

4031.51 is the total weight loss for the past 15+ years. We hit a new milestone. We now have lost over two tons for which we should be proud. That truly is phenomenal.

I should preface this with the fact that I have a cold right now, so my appetite is not what it usually is--small portions of food has been my go-to since Saturday evening...

I'm down 3.1 lbs from 215.6 to 212.5. I'm happy to see that number on the scale--it's been a long time since I've been that low, but also know that's it due to being sick rather than staying away from cake!

My hubby threw me a surprise 40th birthday party (the taking pictures for my friend was just the ruse to get me there) on Saturday evening. He did a fantastic job of putting the whole thing together (even if I DID know about--he let the cat out of the bag when he had me look at a message on his phone one night while he was driving...) I felt bad, but totally acted surprised because he tried SO HARD! He's a good guy!

Yesterday I also found out the results of the promotional test I took back in July. I passed! And not only did I pass, I got the HIGHEST score and came in #1 on the list! Unfortunately for me, the provisional appointee came in third and since they can hire from the top 3, went ahead and offered him the position. It's well within the rules to do so, and they've said that they tried to create another position so I could be promoted as well, but so far that hasn't happened. They say that the next promotion will be mine, but the cynic in me won't believe it until I have the job offer in hand. I'm pretty upset and disappointed about the whole thing--especially since I actually thought I had a chance at the promotion. The list is good for 3 years though, so I'll just keep crossing my fingers and hope that a position opens up within those 3 years. (and that my MS remains quiet during those 3 years so they won't have a reason to bypass me--even though they're not "allowed to" discriminate...)

Oh well, life goes on, and I'll just keep doing the best I can, for as long as I can. (that's the optimist in me--overriding the cynic...!)

Comment

Stayed the same

Recent weights:
      9/28/17: 135.2 lbs
      10/5/17: 135.8 lbs
      10/12/17: 135.8 lbs
      ~ Faith
      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

I gained 2.2 pounds this week (I knew that that the 0.1 pound gain that I wanted was not realistic ) and that puts my weight at 117.1 pounds so I am happy - goal is 117 +/- 2 pounds.

Faith - Great job, staying the same . For me the highest title is stayed the same, but I realize that there is still more weight that you wish to lose. Keep up the good fight and you will get there.

hsmaldo - I know it seems like cheating when you lose weight because you are too sick to eat the way that you want to (I have had that happen too) but you are missing that the important thing. You did lose weight! So now when you start to feel better you will be ahead by the loss .
        I am sorry that even though you qualified for the promotion (and it should have been yours) that it was given to somebody else . Hey , being sick may have been a blessing - at least you didn't drown your sorrow about the job in 'comfort eating'

Karen - take comfort that you are at your goal weight. I find that I tend to lose weight whenever I attempt to not gain any (stay the same). That mindset may work for you .

Good job and best of luck to all .

Comment

Thank you, Karen, for the plug for our Exercise Check-In group. I find that it helps to motivate me to keep working at exercise.

It's not scary -- you set your own goals. It can be a certain number of steps per day, doing your physical therapy exercises, going to the gym, riding an exercise bike, just household tasks or gardening, whatever works for you. And, you decide if you accomplished it. If you don't make it -- oh well. You probably tried and did something, at least.
          You can find us here this week -- https://www.msworld.org/forum/showth...n-for-10-12-17. Just jump in and set a goal for next week and come back then and check in with us.
          ~ Faith
          MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
          (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
          - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
          - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
          - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Working...
          X