Exercise Check-In for 10/12/17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exercise Check-In for 10/12/17

Sorry I'm late in posting this. Was waiting for hubby to fix sync problem with my Garmin tracker, but I should have posted this while I waited yesterday, to get things started.

6 of us checked in.

GOALS REACHED:

4 of us made our goals. Sorry, Tina, about your injury. It takes so long for those to heal, and, meanwhile, it's one more thing to add to our challenges.

GOALS MISSED:
    Two of ss didn't make our goals.

OTHER:
    --

For new Exercisers:
    Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week, and to set goals for the following week.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Here were my current goals:
    1. Continue to record my steps. I won't set a goal regarding how many I wish to walk every day for now.
    2. Do my PT exercises at least 6 times out of 7 days. Attending PT appointment will count; I might, or might not, also do PT exercises on appointment days.

Steps plus exercise:
    Th- 1064 steps,

F - 1209 steps, PT appt
    S - 975 steps
    S - 1695 steps
    Mon - 1927 steps
    Tue - 1569 steps
    W - 1080 steps,
    Total: 10,544 steps; average 1360 per day

Physical therapy is finished. I didn't keep track which days I did it at home. It was most days, but maybe not 6. I need to set new goals. I'll only be around for about a week before I leave on a vacation, so I don't want to try to establish new habits or re-establish old habits before that. So, I guess I'll just continue current goals for another week. I've really become lax in the number of steps I average per day after I sprained my toe and since I began physical therapy.

~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Made Goal

Hi everyone

Made goal - up on feet standing or walking (with rollator) for 30 min, 4X a day, every day - and daily stretches.

Cooler weather really makes a difference, in a positive way, for moving around.

Wishing everyone good energy and perseverance this week.

Take Care
      PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

I made my goal, but had to modify it. Only did arm exercises with weights one day, but I made up for it by unpacking boxes. I'm now down to 2 large ones!

I gardened and clean up some beds 3x/wk instead of two.
        Yoga class and stretching at home.

Goals:
        Hope to finish unpacking this week as part of next weeks goal
        Garden 2x/week- cooler weather but rainy, so don't know?
        Arm weights 2x/week - 5 reps
        Yoga and stretches
        1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
        Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

I made my goal to keep moving and boy, I have done that. My dh and I are going to be moving in a couple of months and I have been cleaning out closets, drawers, cabinets and doing some packing. This along with my house cleaning and laundry, it has been trying but thankful I am able to do it. My new goal for now is to keep doing this ea. day.

My bike riding has fell by the wayside for now.

Mamabug, it is understandable being lax because of a sprained toe. I think you have been doing great.

Seasha, glad you are back and able to start exercising again.

Koko, good job

I hope everyone had a good wk.

Move 1 2 3 4 Move 1 2 3 4
          God Bless Us All

Comment

Originally posted by REG53 View Post
            I made my goal to keep moving and boy, I have done that. My dh and I are going to be moving in a couple of months and I have been cleaning out closets, drawers, cabinets and doing some packing. This along with my house cleaning and laundry, it has been trying but thankful I am able to do it. My new goal for now is to keep doing this ea. day.

My bike riding has fell by the wayside for now.
            REG - It makes perfect sense to me that you are taking a break from bike riding, while you need your energy and stamina for moving preparations. That's a lot of work, physically as well as mentally!

For most of us, there's a limit to the energy and physical stamina that's available each day. I know that I must use mine wisely, if I want to be able to do my ADL's (activities of daily living).

In any case, hope your moving preparations go well this week REG!

Take Care
            PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
            ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

I made my walking goal - I walked more than 3000/steps a day on 6 out of 7 days, averaging 3786 steps a day .
              I did not get the green house cleaned out . Too much other stuff got in the way.

DH had a cerebral angiogram on Thursday, so I spent the week trying to get ready for should have been a 4-5 hour in and out thing. But he had to go up to hospital (an hours drive each way, on the interstate) on Tuesday for bloodwork and registration. And I ended up sitting at the hospital for 10 hours yesterday . Nothing major was found to be wrong with my husband, it was just that they were swamped at the hospital.

So for next week my goals will be same as for this week - continue steps and clean out greenhouse.

Sounds like everyone is doing is doing great . The substitutions/modifications count - especially if they are things that have to be done anyways. As KoKo says "For most of us, there's a limit to the energy and physical stamina that's available each day. I know that I must use mine wisely, if I want to be able to do my ADL's (activities of daily living)."

Comment

Made all my goals again 100%,

This week is more challenging because of extra projects I am immersed in but I will do my best to meet all goals. It sounds like you all are doing great. Best wishes, Karen

Comment

Thank you KoKo.

Way to go msgijo and Karen.
                  God Bless Us All

Comment

Working...
                  X