Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 6/8/17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 6/8/17

Hi Everyone. I am appalled that I gained again this week. Toward the end of the week I had a long conversation with myself and forced myself to face facts about why I haven’t been losing anything and even gaining. The truth is that since before Mother’s Day I have been increasing the quantity of food that I routinely eat. In other words I have not been eating high calorie foods but rather just more than I am accustomed to. In the last two days I have reaffirmed my commitment to eating less. This is a good lesson to all of us. If we lose vigilance the old scale is apt to go up and up unchecked.

I once again gained half a pound so now weigh 118. I am determined to get back on the bright path and get rid of those extra pounds. I will try to lose between one half pound and one pound this week.

Agate, good for you for continuing to maintain. I am very impressed with your new determination to once again see the scale go down. I know you can do it. Your history tells me so. Keep up the enthusiasm.

Mamabug, sorry for your gain. I know you can reverse the process as you have so many times before. I am confident you will not let your weight get out of hand. You will definitely succeed in the process. Be well.

Hsmaldo, so sorry to miss you this week. I hope everything is going well with your many activities. Good luck with your photography and your weight loss efforts.

Poohb3ar, terrific. I am so impressed with your enthusiasm with the weight loss process. I’m sure tending to the little ones has helped with your weight going steadily down. Yours is a true success story. Keep up the good work.

Msgijo, sorry you skimped on dessert! If anyone deserves to indulge it is you. You have done such a good job at maintaining. I must follow your lead considering my recent tendency to go in the wrong direction. Thanks for being such a good role model to all of us.

Sardi g sorry to miss you this week. I hope we hear from you soon.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for over 15 years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip For The Week:

Don’t think that you can go back to your old way of eating without gaining the weight you so diligently lost. One must be ever vigilant in avoiding putting back the pounds. I’m sure all or most have heard the statistic that the majority of people who lose a great deal of weight gain it back. Maintaining ones ideal weight requires an ongoing change in lifestyle. The good news is that you can do it. Just don’t let the scales going up be a new lifestyle or a return to ones old one.

Weight Loss Results:

Total Loss:

.5 pounds by one member. Thank you for being our role model for the week. Affirming losses is proof it can be done.

Total Gain:

1.5 pounds reported by two members. Congratulations on your willingness to report the truth. We all benefit by reminders that gains happen to the best of us.

Stayed The Same:

2 members. As we know, staying the same truly is success, including for those who are maintaining. Just keep remembering it is the time before the next loss if you have more to lose. Also staying the same is a signal that you are eating the right amount to maintain your losses.

3994.91 is the total weight loss for the past 15+ years. We hit a new milestone. We now have less than 10 pounds to reach two tons lost. That is fantastic.

Gained this week - 3.7 pounds . I wanted to gain, but not THAT much. Good thing is that I am still within my 'goal weight range' of 117 +/- 2 pounds .

6-1 114.2 ( 0.8 BELOW goal range)
    6/8 117.9

The tip for this week worked REALLY well for me - in reverse. I had wanted to gain some weight so I threw caution to the wind and started eating things that I knew where not good for maintaining my weight. Even Agate saw the problem and tried to warn me ...

Originally posted by agate View Post
    msgijo,

That's dangerous thinking.
    BTW Thank you for the warning . I really should have listened to my hero, but alas, I thought that I could defy the rule of calories in must equal calories burned to maintain weight and that any calories in that are not used (think exercise) turn to fat.

I ate too much of the wrong things, too late in the day and even though I did increase my exercise I didn't do enough to burn the excess calories.

Even though I am still in a 'sweet spot' I am not happy with this weight, and will try to loose 0.5 this week. The doughnuts are gone so I may be able to pull it off .

Comment

Still the same but I'm getting there. Clothes are feeling just a tad looser.

msgijo, keeping tempting food around is my downfall. Sometimes I have the will power to just let it sit there and not touch it, but all too often I think of reasons why I'm entitled to eat more crackers or more nuts.
      MEMBER OF MS WORLD SINCE 4/03.

SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10. Glatiramer acetate 40 mg (= Copaxone) 2021- 3/16/24

Comment

Working...
      X