Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 6/1/17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 6/1/17

Hi Everyone. I hope you all had a fulfilling Memorial Day. When I was growing up my mother took me to visit family graves. That made quite an impression on me. As I grew older I learned about the incredible number of service people who gave their lives in the cause of securing our freedom from oppression. May their memories not be forgotten. May all of our families be blessed. I hope you all came through the holiday unscathed regarding weight issues. It seems like we just recover from a day of celebration when another comes along. As I age time speeds by which may not have happened to any of you yet. I have to be careful not to let time to recover from weight gain pass unheeded. May we all stay on course in our weight control efforts.

I went the wrong way again. I gained half a pound so now weigh 117.5. I’m almost ready to panic. I am having trouble returning to my usual way of eating that has served me so well. All I can say is that I will try to lose half a pound this week.

Agate, it was good to hear from you this week. Good for you for staying the same. I applaud you for putting your recipes on line. I did some of mine a few years ago but did not get them all completed. Thanks for reminding me. Good luck with all of your appointments. Keep fighting the good fight.

Mamabug, good for you for your small loss. It is so much better than gaining. I want to again express my appreciation for your exercise group. I hope all on this post will check it out if they haven’t already. The importance of exercise cannot be denied. Keep up the good work in both venues.

Hsmaldo, once again congratulations for staying the same. It sounds like you face food temptations at every turn with your active life. I cannot imagine how you do all that you do. Hearing about your schedule exhausts me! What an honor to be asked to lend your photography talent and to be paid for it too! Enjoy.

Poohb3ar, so sorry to miss you this week. I hope we hear from you soon.

Msgijo, I am amazed that you lost again. You should give lessons. It is tricky to try to gain just a pound or two but I am sure you can do it without going overboard. That is good that your neuro supported you in delaying starting a new med until things have settled down and you are less stressed. Be well.

Sardi g sorry to miss you this week. I hope we hear from you soon.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for over 15 years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip For The Week:

Dr. Oz says, “When eaten early in the day, red pepper lowers the amount of food you'll eat later.” I have not heard this before and have no idea why this would be the case. It might be worth a try.

Weight Loss Results:

Total Loss:

2.5 pounds by three members. That is wonderful that we have three members that lost weight this week. Let’s hope the trend of no one in the gain column continues.

Total Gain:

0 pounds reported. This is a rare statistic. Let’s hope it continues.

Stayed The Same:

3 members. As we know, staying the same truly is success, including for those who are maintaining. Just keep remembering it is the time before the next loss if you have more to lose. Also staying the same is a signal that you are eating the right amount to maintain your losses.

3994.41 is the total weight loss for the past 15+ years. We hit a new milestone. We now have less than 10 pounds to reach two tons lost. That is fantastic.

Gained 1 lb

2017 goal: 121-122 lbs; then stay in a 5-pound range of 119-124 lbs.

2017 Monthly weights: 01/05: 129.6 lbs, W 37" 02/02: 128.6 lbs 03/02: 128.4 lbs 04/04: 129.2 lbs

Recent weights:
    05/25: 130.4 lbs
    06/01: 131.4 lbs
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Stayed the same.

5/25 114.2
      6/1 114.2

Guess that I should have had that piece of pie with icecream on top last night after all ... .
      In my effort to NOT go overboard I seem to have been a little too strict with myself. Note to self: finish the icecream and get a doughnut ....

Comment

Woo!

the 'hoo' comes 2 days later. when i hit my goal weight! hopefully i'll maintain it this week (and longer to report it next week.
        lost .5 lbs for 136 on Wed., which is my weigh day. considering last june i was hitting high 160's, i'm quite happy about this slow weightloss. it's not been too painful. it's become more of a change of eating and way of life that it's natural to do this way now.

i'm sure chasing the grandkids has helped. i may be skin and bones at this rate! LOL!!!
        this was my first week alone, it was a killer, but i think i survived.

reading everyone else's stories are so encouraging. sorry can't reply to everyone. there's a lull right now in the bath/bed time routine. baby decided to nurse longer. we're struggling with drinking a full bottle a day this week.
        i haven't pulled my hair out yet, but it's been in a braid all week! baby loves to pull it!

praying everyone has a blessed week!

poohb3ar
        "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

Comment

Stayed the same but I'm on my way now. Really!

I have a new pedometer. I'd dropped the old one so many times that I didn't think it was working right any more, and I found out that there are pedometers you can wear in your pocket instead of clipping to your waistband.

So I now have a pocket pedometer. With the nice weather I've been walking outside with my rollator.

msgijo,

Note to self: finish the icecream and get a doughnut ....
          That's dangerous thinking.
          MEMBER OF MS WORLD SINCE 4/03.

SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10. Glatiramer acetate 40 mg (= Copaxone) 2021- 3/16/24

Comment

Working...
          X