No announcement yet.

Exercise Check-In for 06/01/17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KoKo - Have you looked into "sitting exercises"?

I considered them. I am actually kinda lazy and I am like Caroline - exercise for the sake of exercise is NOT something that I do, but since I normally get in a fair number of steps in my daily activities I decided to keep that as my primary 'exercise'.
    DH's PT is kinda simple and several of them I can do while I am doing something else - even though the ones that I need to do require me to set aside a specific time and actually do them .

I am glad or your "ramble" - it gives me a new appreciation for the fact that you have been meeting your goals .

Keep up the great job . And if you are bored then google "sitting exercise" to see if anything interests you. Who knows you may decide to add another goal .

Comment

Originally posted by msgijo View Post
      KoKo - Have you looked into "sitting exercises"?

I considered them. I am actually kinda lazy and I am like Caroline - exercise for the sake of exercise is NOT something that I do, but since I normally get in a fair number of steps in my daily activities I decided to keep that as my primary 'exercise'.
      DH's PT is kinda simple and several of them I can do while I am doing something else - even though the ones that I need to do require me to set aside a specific time and actually do them .

I am glad or your "ramble" - it gives me a new appreciation for the fact that you have been meeting your goals .

Keep up the great job . And if you are bored then google "sitting exercise" to see if anything interests you. Who knows you may decide to add another goal .
      Hi msgijo

Thank you! My regular daily activities and my walk/stand seem to max my physical energy at this time.

I am focusing on staying up on my legs the most, as that is getting the most difficult.

While getting dressed/putting on shoes and afo, I do mild stretches (legs, feet, arms). I find that habit has really helped.

While standing with rollator, I do stretching of my back and arms.

I find that stretching really helps with my ability to move better.

Thanks for support and encouragement!

Take Care
      PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

As I read everyone's post, I realized how much I admire ea and everyone you. You have been a real inspiration to me and this thread has really motivated me, so thank you.

Carolinemf- I had to google ab circle pro, hoping it would help me but I would not be able to do it.

Does anyone know of a sitting in a chair exercise to strengthen your core?
        I looked into a ab doer, have anyone used it?
        God Bless Us All

Comment

Made all my goals again 100%,

Made all goals again. Yesterday went to emergency room after extreme reaction to a high energy stress activity to correct a pluming problem. Felt for quite awhile that I was going to lose consciousness. Couldn't walk. I recovered eventually and nothing serious was found at the hosp. I was sent home with a heart monitor. Upshot is that I could not exercise. However made up for it totally today, Saturday, when I don't usually exercise. Best to everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by ShrinkKaren View Post
            Made all goals again. Yesterday went to emergency room after extreme reaction to a high energy stress activity to correct a pluming problem. Felt for quite awhile that I was going to lose consciousness. Couldn't walk. I recovered eventually and nothing serious was found at the hosp. I was sent home with a heart monitor. Upshot is that I could not exercise. However made up for it totally today, Saturday, when I don't usually exercise. Best to everyone.
            Hi Karen

Must have been scary going through that.

So glad to hear that you're ok now.

And made your goals too!

Take Care
            ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Originally posted by ShrinkKaren View Post
              SHRINK!
              Be careful! I know you're having trouble keeping your weight as far down as you like, but be careful! As we age an extra little padding doesn't hurt. Please exercise to be healthy, not so hard that you get sick. i'll be praying for you!

i've not done much 'routine' exercise. but i always try to do proper squats when i pick up the baby, unload the dishwasher, leg lunges when trying to quiet her, lots of walking to calm her down, etc.
              watching them from 7:30 to 4 everyday (8mos & 4 yrs.) i'm quite sure i meet some exercise quota.
              found if i don't stretch, i can't hardly move.

**TIP FOR THE WEEK**
              so if you find yourself having a hard time exercising, don't quit! just start slow. it's better to do a little then to do nothing. 7 yrs ago i was paralyzed on my total left side. in a w/c and unable to transfer myself. went to pt and refused to give up. i now walk with a cane outside the house only. but i do yoga everyday to keep myself balanced. you have to keep at it to not lose what you've gained!

when you stop trying to move, your body slowly starts moving at all. **

God bless ya'll!

poohb3ar

hang in there and keep doing all you can (but NOT overdo) to keep moving!
              "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

Comment

Hi every one,
                Karen that sounds like your stressful hectic day was a bit much. hope that doesn't happen again.

Reg i'm sorry i didn't explain what an ab circle pro was. Google is great
                I actually thought you guys would have heard of it cause its an american import.
                It is actually very easy to use . the only thing that may make it hard to use would be dizziness. And i'm fortunate that i only occasionally have that to deal with.

Have you ever tried a rowing machine. My son has one and i have tried it (once).
                You are supported and up right and it is straight forward to use - at your own pace- so that may be an option for working on your core. It pretty much works the whole body as far as i know.

Good luck everyone

Comment

I love all of the effort, motivation, hard work and encouragement for others that I read in your posts. You guys are awesome!
                  ~ Faith
                  MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
                  (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
                  - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
                  - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
                  - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Carolinemf- I have trouble getting on the floor and getting back up, maybe I should try doing that a few times a wk for exercise maybe I could strengthen my legs and be able to do some core exercise.

Every time I fall I have to scoot to a chair to pull myself up and I always tell myself I should do that some so I will be able to get myself back up ea time. This may be my motivator.
                    God Bless Us All

Comment

It can be very frustrating, the everyday things that become difficult that others all around generally take for granted.

Just after i had been complaining about my hand and arm strength I saw on tv an old scene of a lady Kneading bread.I wondered if i should take up making my own bread it may help. My husband was quite amused.
                      Caroline.

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
                        Mamabug, if you don't mind my asking, what does your M/W stand for (in front of the grocery shopping and the sneakers class)?
                        M: Monday
                        W: Wednesday
                        ~ Faith
                        MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
                        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
                        - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
                        - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
                        - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
                          M: Monday
                          W: Wednesday
                          Thanks - I should have figured that one out!

Comment

Working...
                          X