Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exercise Check-In for 05/11/17

Seven people checked in this week.

GOALS REACHED: Three of us made our goal. One made a partial goal.

GOALS MISSED: One of of us did not.

OTHER: I wasn't sure if REG made goal; you did some things, but not bike -- you decide. And, welcome to KoKo!

Exercise Tip: I don't always feel motivated to look for exercise tips. Feel free to add one, if you wish.

For new Exercisers: Feel free to join us. You set your own personal goals that are realistic for you. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Goals may include anything from doing your physical therapy to pedometer / fitbit steps to exercise classes to WiiFit exercises or even grocery shopping, housework, yard work if it feels like a workout. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week, and to set goals for the following week.

We're sort of flexible about determining whether you made goals -- you decide. Sometimes, if you didn't do exactly what you had planned, but something else comparable, we count it.

I made both my goals. I kept my goals simple again.

One or both:
    1. Walk 3,000 steps or more 3 or more times per week, or average 2200 steps per day.
    2. Exercise 2 times this week. Could be an exercise class or WiiFit or something else.

Th: 1594;
    F: 3173;
    S: 2014;
    S: 2075;
    M: 1538;
    T: 2253;
    W: 3016;
    Total = 15,663; Average 2,237.

M: Grocery shopping;
    W: Silver Sneakers class at the YMCA for 1 hour.

Next week: Same goals. I'd like to try doing slightly better though. My current goals are set somewhat lower than I'd like them to be.
    Last edited by Mamabug; 05-12-2017, 04:56 PM.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Made my goal

goal 3000 steps / day for 4 days put of 7

Thu 2899
    Fri 3926
    Sat 4435
    Sun 2226
    Mon 3385
    Tue 3062
    Wen 3285

Since calendar is still full for next week with appointments for DH I will continue with same goal.

Comment

I reached my goal, biked 3 days this wk, I 've been really tired this wk. but this thread motived me.

Thanks Guys.
      God Bless Us All

Comment

Hello everyone

Accomplished my walk/stand goal of 30 min, 3X a day.

Wasn't able to get on my recumbent bike, though. Couldn't lift my stubborn leg over the bottom bar.

Will try again next week when my sister comes to help me with stuff. Don't want to get myself into a predicament here alone (which isn't hard for me to do).

Count me as half my goal made (or not)?

Keep trying everyone!

Take Care
        PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Nope ~sigh~

I'm taking my "pre-test" later. I've got an appointment next week (Thursday) with my Primary doc. It scheduled to as a regular 6 month checkup & blooodwork. i'm hoping this ridiculous knee will be better by then. If not, I'll have the doc check it. I'm not super hopeful of it resolving itself by then, it's been too painful to do more than limp. My daily step count is hovering at near half of my normal. Running is completely out. Feeling totally bummed out.
          "Hope for the best and plan for the worst. That way, all your surprises will be pleasant."
          Verin Mathwin, The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan

Comment

Originally posted by TinaP303 View Post
            I'm taking my "pre-test" later. I've got an appointment next week (Thursday) with my Primary doc. It scheduled to as a regular 6 month checkup & blooodwork. i'm hoping this ridiculous knee will be better by then. If not, I'll have the doc check it. I'm not super hopeful of it resolving itself by then, it's been too painful to do more than limp. My daily step count is hovering at near half of my normal. Running is completely out. Feeling totally bummed out.
            Tina

Sorry to learn that you're experiencing a painful knee. That is a bummer.

Hope you get some relief soon, so you can get back to your exercise routine.

Take Care
            ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

TinaP - try this one. It came from a site listing exercises to do seated. Not sure how your knee will like it, but you have been working so hard to get ready for "pre-test" and run that it seems a shame that your knee wants to put you out of commision . I thought that this one may help with not losing the work you have done ...

Hope you are feeling much better soon

Leg Lift and Twist Reps: 20 per side
              Target and tone your quadriceps, inner thighs, and abs with this Pilates-inspired seated strengthener.

How to do it: Sitting tall on edge of chair, extend right leg out straight with foot on the floor, arms crossed over chest. Brace abs in tight and rotate torso to the right as right leg lifts to left knee, squeezing knees together. Return to start. (Try timing your breathing for better abs activation too—focus on exhaling during the twist and lift, and inhale as you return to start). Do 20 reps, and then repeat on opposite side.

Comment

Originally posted by msgijo
                TinaP - try this one. It came from a site listing exercises to do seated. Not sure how your knee will like it, but you have been working so hard to get ready for "pre-test" and run that it seems a shame that your knee wants to put you out of commision . I thought that this one may help with not losing the work you have done ...

Hope you are feeling much better soon .
                Thank you SO MUCH!! I'm definitely going to try these tonight!
                I've been bummed about this knee, but you just gave a ray of sunshine to me.

Super gigantic Hugs!!
                "Hope for the best and plan for the worst. That way, all your surprises will be pleasant."

Comment

Made all my goals again 100%,

Once again I made all my goals. I hope I can continue doing the same.

Comment

Fumblin is fixed, I think

In case any of you noticed my mess-ups this afternoon, I had, originally, combined two weeks of exercise threads together. It took me a long time and lots of mistakes before I figured out how to separate them into two threads the way I wanted them.
                    And I finally got the right ones "stickied" and "unsticked".

Thanks for your patience, in case anyone wondered what was going on. It was just non-techy me, fumbling with my MS swiss-cheese brain.
                    ~ Faith
                    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
                    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
                    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
                    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
                    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Thanks for the update Faith -I thought it was my swiss cheese brain fumbling around

Have achieved about 50% of goals Overall.
                      I have managed to do more on the ab/c/p. Moving it into the lounge has helped
                      Did manage to cut down on tv. Though i must admit that's mostly because i have been sleeping a lot. Incredibly tired all week

This week is very chaotic so hard to commit to things.
                      So i'm just going to say i will try and be as active as possible and keep at the office work that is still not finished.

Good luck to everyone else.
                      Caroline.

Comment

Need to re-think goals

Crapaflapnasty!
                        My knee decided to be super jerky & hurt way too much, so I ended up at the doc's today instead of waiting for Thursday. Looks like my exercise goals will need a serious revamping. I was "clever" enough to tear mymedial meniscus. (yeah, I had to ask what that is - it's the "bumper-pad" between the bones at the knee). I'm looking at about a 6 week recovery complete with PT and maybe even a orthopedic consult.
                        I just threw my timed mile and rank advancement out the window. Completely bummed.

Comment

Originally posted by TinaP303 View Post
                          Crapaflapnasty!
                          My knee decided to be super jerky & hurt way too much, so I ended up at the doc's today instead of waiting for Thursday. Looks like my exercise goals will need a serious revamping. I was "clever" enough to tear mymedial meniscus. (yeah, I had to ask what that is - it's the "bumper-pad" between the bones at the knee). I'm looking at about a 6 week recovery complete with PT and maybe even a orthopedic consult.
                          I just threw my timed mile and rank advancement out the window. Completely bummed.
                          Hi Tina

That certainly is a bummer.

Wishing you the best with your recovery and hope all goes well.

Let us know how it's going.

Take Care

Comment

Working...
                          X