Exercise Check-In for 03/09/17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exercise Check-In for 03/09/17

Six of us checked in this week. Please post whether you reached your goal or not. When the only information you post is what you did, I don't want to go back to previous weeks to see what your goal was and have to determine whether you met it or not. I like to post my success, or lack or it, in the title line, but, anywhere easy to find in your post is fine.

GOALS REACHED:

I'm going to guess five.

GOALS MISSED:
    Just one , maybe?

Exercise Tip:

I don't always feel motivated to look for exercise tips. Feel free to add one, if you wish. Pats on the back if you changed your goal to something that you decided is more appropriate for you. An appropriate goal can motivate you to keep trying.

For new Exercisers:

Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week, and to set goals for the following week.

I'll report my exercise tomorrow.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

I made my goal

Goals for last week:

1. Walk 3000 or more steps on my pedometer 3-5 days per week.
    2. Exercise 3 or more days per week. This could include WiiFit in my basement. Or it could include attending a fitness class at the YMCA, etc. OR Exercise 2 hours or more per week.

Goal 1:
    W: 2177
    steps
    T: 1536
    steps
    M: 3090
    steps
    S: 3049
    steps
    S: 1188
    steps
    F: 2467
    steps
    Th: 3247 steps
    3 days over 3000 steps. Total = 16,754

Goal 2:
    M: Silver Sneakers Classic class, 1 hour
    S: Wii Fit, 15 min.
    T: Wii Fit, 4 min. I only did 4 minutes because my battery died. I almost think I shouldn't count it, but, oh well. It meets my stated goal, so I guess I will.

Exercised 3 times.

I don't feel like I did a great job, and I sort of wonder if I should even count it. A couple of days, I just did laps around the house before bed to barely get over 3000 steps. And, one day, I only did 4 minutes of WiiFit. But, I'm still doing more than I was before I started this, and I made my stated goal.

I'm glad and grateful for those of you who post in this group. It does motivate me. I likely wouldn't have walked the extra few hundred steps before bedtime to meet my 3000 steps if it wasn't for you.
    Last edited by Mamabug; 03-31-2017, 01:33 AM.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

I made my goal.

Sunday 30 mins stationary bike
      Tuesday " " "
      Thursday " " "

Mamabug you did great! Your steps around the house are still steps. This thread motivated me to ride my bike late sunday night. I would never have done it that late before because my legs are weaker in the after noon and night.

I hope everyone had a good week and keep up the good work.
      God Bless Us All

Comment

I Made My Goal 100%.

I did all of my many exercises, 20 reps, for those specified which is almost all.
        Monday and Thursday:
        Weight lifting, 5 positions, 20 reps each
        Walking in Place, 20 minutes
        Modified Squats, side to side 20 reps
        Modified Squats, straight ahead, 20 reps
        Standing legs close together and straight, lean forward and back 20 reps, lean side to side 20 rps
        Stand on tiptoes 20 reps
        On bed:
        Leg raises with 5 pound ankle weights one at a time 20 reps each
        Leg raises laying on side each with 2.5 pound ankle weights 20 reps
        Leg raises on back with legs supported by cylinder 20 reps
        Butt lifts to count of five, 20 reps

Tuesday & Friday
        March in place 20 minutes
        Weight lifting 5 positions 20 reps each
        Walk length of kitchen back and forth once holding on with one hand, 2.5 lb ankle weights
        Walk length of kitchen back and forth facing forward both hands, 2.5 lb ankle weights
        facing forward to kitchen counter each foot pointed to side, lunge 20 reps per leg 2.5 lb ankle wgts
        facing forward to kitchen counter each foot pointed forward lunge to side 20 reps each, 2.5 lb wgts
        facing forward to kitchen counter lunge backward each leg 2.5 lb ankle weights. 20 reps each
        facing sideways to kitchen counter lunge forward each leg 2.5 lb ankle weights, 20 reps each
        arm exercises with 2.5 lb weights on each wrist:
        facing counter reach upward with both arms as far as possible, stretch, 20 reps
        All of following are facing counter with 2.5 lb weights on each wrist:
        facing counter with all of the following and with each arm one at a time:
        Reach forward with one arm as far as possible 20 reps
        Reach about 45 degrees as far as possible 20 reps
        Reach to the side as far as possible 20 reps
        Repeat with other arm

These exercises were per a former physical therapist. I was doing them every day and she expressed surprise and recommend I do them just four days a week. I am exhausted writing them all out. LOL I must say when I have been sick and not doing exercises I truly notice a difference in strength and endurance. My gyne Dr. wants me to march in place every day, twice per day, but that is just too much with all of the other exercise. Good luck to all.

Comment

Made it!

I managed my 6000 steps 5 out of 7 days, and just like you Mammabug, I had to just walk around the house to get those last steps a couple days. It was a tough week. After Sunday I was just wiped out!!

BUT, Sunday was our local MS walk & I did the entire walk without stopping at all. 2 1/2 miles. it's been a while since I walked that long a distance in one shot. It felt good, but I'm glad it's over.
          That takes care of my 1/2 mile continuous walk goal.

Have a great week everyone.
          "Hope for the best and plan for the worst. That way, all your surprises will be pleasant."
          Verin Mathwin, The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan

Comment

I made it too

Goal - to meet or exceed step goal of 4000 steps at least 5 days a week OR to average 4000 or more steps for each day of the week.

Thu- 5070
            Fri- 5755
            Sat- 3665
            Sun- 1856
            Mon- 4629
            Tue- 5925
            Wen- 4622

Average steps = 4203

We are extending the deck so I was also painting and 'go-fering' this week.
            I am not sure what was up over the week-end, but I was totally exhausted all day on Sunday.

Comment

Working...
            X