No announcement yet.

itchiness as an MS sympton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been suffering with extreme itching for years! It has always been considered allergic but with so many with MS with the same symptom, now I'm not sure.

It's related to dust, dirt and any particles that get on my skin. I have someone wash my floors everyday, can't let anyone in my apartment, changes my sheets every other day, use fragrance free EVERYTHING.

I'm so scared because my MS is making me so tired I can't keep up with all of this. It seems to be getting worse because I used to be able to swim everyday and now everything at the pool gets on my skin and I'm in torture.

What happens when I don't have the ability or money to take care of my skin? I'm so tired of being alone because everyone has a dog.

I haven't tried Gabapentin. Maybe, maybe, maybe. It seems to be my last hope.

Comment

Originally posted by palmtree View Post
      I've been suffering with extreme itching for years! It has always been considered allergic but with so many with MS with the same symptom, now I'm not sure.

It's related to dust, dirt and any particles that get on my skin. I have someone wash my floors everyday, can't let anyone in my apartment, changes my sheets every other day, use fragrance free EVERYTHING.

I'm so scared because my MS is making me so tired I can't keep up with all of this. It seems to be getting worse because I used to be able to swim everyday and now everything at the pool gets on my skin and I'm in torture.

What happens when I don't have the ability or money to take care of my skin? I'm so tired of being alone because everyone has a dog.

I haven't tried Gabapentin. Maybe, maybe, maybe. It seems to be my last hope.
      Good luck to you palmtree. As far as fatigue goes, have you tried Acetly L Carnatine and Alpha Lipoic Acid? There are some threads on this website that offers a lot of information. It has helped me a lot with energy. I'm going to neuro this week and ask about my itching and Gabapentin.

Comment

I am so glad I found this thread I itch myself
        crazy and never thought to link it to ms.
        There are times where I am black and blue
        from itching

Comment

Working...
        X