Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No MEB so far

Shuck,

I just wanted to give you some hope. I am active duty Army and was just recently diagnosed with MS. When I asked my neurologist about a MEB, she said that as long as my symptoms were under control and I was still able to perform my job, she did not see a reason to initiate one. When I asked her about deployment, she gave me the tentative OK for that as well, as long as I did not get significantly worse or get to a point where my flare ups could not be controlled. She said she is currently treating two other soldiers who have MS and are about to deploy.

So I said all that to say that there are people out there on AD with MS and still fighting the fight. I hope knowing that gives you some hope.

Comment

Thanks for the support. The fight is just wearing at me, but I will keep pressing on. My FPEB attorney was prior Army JAG and he said the army is actually really good at following the regs to determine fitness for duty unlike the Air Force who does a draw of the hat. It's just so frustrating that the regs are being disregarded in my case. I will not give up this fight! I'm glad you're still serving and I wish you the best!

Comment

I was..

medically retired due to MS from the AF 6 months ago. Nurse/officer in a critical field so it's no guarantee.
        Melissa (dx. 3/22/2011)

Comment

Working...
        X