No announcement yet.

Help with VA healthcare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bob- I thought you were service connected?
    Plan for the future, but not too hard; it’s not your decision anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Scooter24 View Post
      Bob- I thought you were service connected?
      To quote Maxwell Smart, "Missed it by *that* much".
      In reality, I could probably prove I was within the window if I dig up the old medical bills and appeal the crap out of it but I got used to getting along on the NSC pension* and my primary aim has always been health care/MS first.

I'm definatly NOT saying that my way is the right way, its just a way I was able to make it work. I also filed back when it looked like the VA was getting close to "critical mass" and I REALLY needed to get DX'd and treated.

*- I understand the folks who are shooting for SC, BTW. The NSC pension is about half of the SC pension and its definatly not for the feint hearted. You have to change just about everything in the way you live but its still workable for me.

Comment

I was just wondering since you said you were priority 5, 30-40% SC gets you priority 2.

Comment

I'm pretty sure they rated me over 80% as it is.
          Going to Pri Group 1 wouldn't change a lot of things from where they are now.

Comment

Since I went to prioity 2 they give me mileage on all appointments, $8 copay on drugs and provide all other health services w/o copay along with a step up for priority appointments meaning I get them quicker or sent to civ clinic if they cannot provide in a reasonable time frame, normally 2 months or less. before S/C I had copays on all appointments 10 & 50 and $9 copay on drugs and they were billing the insurance I had at the time.

Comment

Working...
            X