No announcement yet.

8 yrs diag and still Angry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If its bad, give it to the dog. If the dog won't eat it, you know it's real bad! Throw it away and start over!
    lol

I forgot about cooking it is also one of my hobbies, I enjoy makingcheese cakes and sell quite a few around the holidays.

As far as wood working you might want to look into Antarsia, it is hard to explain but make very nice wall hangings and gifts, I have done some but don't really have the patience for it, just google it and see what you think, all you really need is a smaller electric scroll saw which you can probably find a used one on ebay and save some money on it.
    Plan for the future, but not too hard; it’s not your decision anyway

Comment

When it comes to cooking, just jump in.
      You get to eat your mistakes, anyway.

Most of this stuff isn't complicated. There are some very basic techniques to pick up then it comes down to how you apply them. Ever notice that the dial on your oven is always set to 350 degrees?

All you have to do is think about what you'd like to eat. What goes into it and how much? How would you make it different?

I've posted a basic recipe for burritos on a couple of the sub-forums. I was goofing around with "rolling my own" and trying some variations. I wanted more lime flavor, but not too much. My mom was baking a key lime pie and had some leftover lime zest she was going to pitch out.
      Eureka! I never thought about it but why wouldn't it work?

We also learn a lot by goofing up. Once upon a time my mom had made a couple of gallons of New England style fish chowder but instead of grabbing her trusty Bay's Sea Food Seasoning she grabbed a box of really hot Cajun Crab Boil spices by mistake.
      It was freaking incredable! My mom was upset while the rest of us were going back for second helpings, we assured her we weren't just being polite.

Comment

Crazycatlady- Meant to say good to see anoth AF vet, I did 14 yrs, was in procurement most of the time except for a short period in audit agency the first few years. Spent a good portion with a Red Horse sq. What did you do in the A/F

What about you Katiedidnot?

Comment

Hey Scooter--

I was Personnel & Education. Spent many assignments doing Protocol though . So I am really good at the ceremony and party planning stuff. And am a professional at getting my butt chewed. Was never fired so I guess I did good. Retired Dec 2005.

Love Red Horse! Was deployed on first plane out to Haiti, bare base. Two days later a plane arrived with a bunch of Red Horse guys and built us latrines....thank-goodness. I was about to lose my dignity. They got even bigger kudos when the showers went up.

I too am originally from Charlotte (Mooresville actually). Beautiful area.

Cheers--Katie

Comment

I was in AF for 8.5 years, POL, lol glorified gas attendant, I cried as I told my family about it, but in truth I very much enjoyed it once I got into it, and the freedom that came with it. There are very few places in the world where they don't need fuel. I was medically retired in 2006, again I cried lol
            Best decision I ever made was joining the AF, a very close second is eloping with my husband, never regreted either.

I have heard much talk about chemicals in fuels and autoimmune diseases. I worked in the lab when I had my first relaspe and after that I avoided having fuel on me constantly, looking back at times I think I could say were ms symptoms coming out, I can also say these where times when I was deployed working 16-18 hours a day, in the sun, often we had fuel spills and were almost always soaked to some degree in fuel. But was it the long hours, sun, fuel or all of the together?

I can bake up a storm, and my quick breads are very popular. But baking is very exact, you follow the recipe, exact amounts of flour sugar ect. You can change flavors, pumpkin cherry banana, but still you stick to the same amounts. Cooking allows so much room for change and yes you can change spices and no worries on amounts. I think that is where some skill or something I just don't have comes in. Oh I love food but I just cant seem to make it very well (my mistakes the dog wont eat ) I will look into utube videos on the cooking thing.

We did just get approved for my spouse to use my GI Bill funding. I took much thought on this and I think its better overall for him to use the education, (time is already short he has 4 years to get it done) then for me to struggle through it and then not even use it. We are hoping that we can get him into a position that allows a bit more time for him to drive me to appts.

I am amazed by all the information and help and chat here. Thank you all so much, I am very excited

Comment

KATIE- I actually live 4 miles outside Mooresville towards Statesville Cleveland area about a 1/4 of a mile from Dale Ernhardt JR., we did live in Mooresville for the first 5 years we were here by the old hospital in the center of town. I listed Charlotte as every body was asking where Mooresville was.

Comment

It is a small World isn't it. Both my grandparents retired from Burlington Mills in Mooresville (once it was a booming town), seriously it was, and my great Aunt worked at Cannon Mills, which is now out of business too.

We had a home on Lake Norman...wish we still had it, heard the property values skyrocketed. Had our own private boat dock and fishing pier. It was nice. My grandmother had bought all us grandkids parcels on the Lake, but sold them for some reason.

I miss NC, all the family is in Tampa Bay now, and I am headed in that direction myself either this year or next.

Katie

Comment

Hi Crazy Cat Lady,

I am 7 years diagnosed and had extreme anger - first I thought it was wrong and had to be Lyme Disease (which responds to treatment) and MS just progresses at different rates but cannot be cured. Former Army Nurse but did not recognize the signs or symptoms, just blew them off.

Secondly, my greatest passions were ballroom dancing and tennis. With every stumble, jelly legs, extreme fatigue and lassitude, dizziness and off balance, I just felt like screaming at someone. I have broken bones and hurt by pride from numerous falls.

I had to sell my Corvette because I could no longer get out of it and looked stupid - it is a car that attracts attention. It is not just a vehicle - it was a lifestyle and I still miss it.

I lost my job, my pension and my passions. Still get upset, just posting this brought some feelings up but have had some feeble replacements for the things I used to love. I got involved in politics instead of just complaining about things. I go to water aerobics 3 times a week at our county pool (they just charge $2 per visit) and love, love, love the feeling of all I can do in the water that I can't on land. We joined a new church that has a gym and walking track for free, and I really need the lessons spoken during Sunday services. I probably could use a tweaking by Wednesdays but it is helping. They also offer counseling and Stephen ministers if you need them.

We are blessed with many good friends who have not abandoned us. Well, me mainly because my husband has a better attitude. When I can, I invite people for dinner and we then play Mexican train dominoes since I no longer have a job.

We have two cats who just love me home and sedentary. Oh well, at least they are happy.

Comment

Kat Lady, use the VA benny's that you earned, free education and also i believe they even give you an allowance while you're going to school, I strive to get every penny i can otherwise those Jack Nobs in office will use it on the bridge to No Where

Comment

Working...
                    X