VA says MS is Service related?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

O.K. Gomer--

We all hear you. Maybe when you are feeling better, you will call some of those phone numbers we gave you. You got some really great advice from your fellow warriors in a few of these threads.

Cheers--Katie

Happy Valentines Day Everyone!

Comment

OMG, you guys really have it confusing! And I thought us normal people had it confusing! Makes me grateful I have insurance through my employer!
      I just hope I stay eligible.
      Good luck to you all

:-) :-)
      LZMOM

Comment

Originally posted by LZMOM View Post
        OMG, you guys really have it confusing! And I thought us normal people had it confusing!
        It actually isn't that bad. If you want confusing, I was the liason in my division to the supply division. In Navy-speak I was an RPPO.
        One fine day my chief tells me that we need a quart of fluid for something or other and that I wasn't getting off the boat until the supply chief had all the proper requistion forms in his hot little hands.
        So, I do all the paperwork and drop the forms off.
        About a week later, the supply chief gets on the shipwide announcing system and I hear, "Petty officer Bob, could you please meet with me on the pier. I need to transfer to your custody an item. Oh, and bring along some of the wing nuts you work with. You're going to need help."

This is usually bad news. In the Navy supply system seemingly anyone could requesition just about anything and if no one caught the mistake, you could be the proud owner of a brand new F/A-18 Hornet fighter plane (the Hornet had a unique part number for "Airplane, one each").

So, my chief and I hustle topside and head for the pier where I find an unmarked 55 gallon drum of something along with copies of my requesition in the hands of a smiling supply chief.
        My chief thought it was pretty funny. I was too busy crapping a green brick.
        So, we start trying to unravall this mystery.
        The numbers were right and the drum had been shipped from somewhere in the heartland of the country.
        So, I do what I usually do when I'm confronted with the unexplainable. I poked it.
        As it turned out, for a 55 gallon drum it was pretty light. We carefully pry off the top and find a bunch of vermiculum packing material. I gingerly stick my arm in the stuff and start fishing around. I find a bunch of forms.
        I keep searching and eventually I feel a one quart glass bottle.

Comment

Oh BOB!!!!!

Your little story has me still rolling on the floor (almost literal)

You just made my day with THAT story. It may seem far fetched but I know from my own experience such things happen.

THANKS 4 making me LOL big time!

Gomer Sir Falls-A-Lot

Comment

It is a great story....yes, it still happens, thank-goodness.

That little glass quart bottle was responsible for a lot of morale...and it appears it still is.

Katie

Comment

Originally posted by katvar View Post
              LZMOM,

Let me start by saying that I am not an expert on these things so consider my answer speculation. I do hope that my post gives you a different view of the situation.

I served during Desert Storm and worked several years at a Division Medical Operations Center. I wrote orders and helped with presentations and saw a lot. What the public hears about and what actually happen are sometimes 2 different things.
              When you join the military - you "belong" to the government. When they tell you to line up for shots (immunizations) you get in line. You are never told what is being injected in to your body. The people giving injections do not know what is being injected. The military gives the government a broad spectrum of test subjects in relatively controlled environment.

I personally inventoried thousands of vials an packages of medication as they came back from Desert Storm. I was pregnant at the time, so I stayed stateside. I didn't wear gloves or a mask - no one even mentioned the idea. Who knows what I was exposed to?

As an added note, my husband was the one unloading all of those boxes as they came back - he receives disability from the VA for a multitude of problems. I have not filed because I don;t have the strength to fight for it.

The fact that the military considers MS (as well as ALS) to be service connected tells me that they know something that they are not telling. I am hoping that this is all in the name of research to find a cure or way to prevent MS.

For the record there is no history of any auto immune disorders in my family history. I have MS and all three of my children also have auto immune disorders that are on the less common spectrum. My children do not plan to have children of their own out of the fear that they will pass these problems and the fact that it is risky for them to even carry a child to full term.

wow, i could not have said it better myself. when i got out of the marines i had a copy of my medical(before it was altered)lol. i went to my 1st doctor for a physical and he told me i had shots for stuff there were no cures for. its kinda funny that during the time i was in, i deeloped the sweating issue that actually led to my diag. of ms. i am now currentlygetting paper work together for the va. i have ptsd,and bipolar along with the ms. the bipolar really came out when i was in the marines.i was mean and self medicated with alcohol. after going to the "wizard" she brought all of this out into the light. it all made since, as far as my behaviors anyway. so the short of it is i am now unemployed i can not do the job i went to school for. i was made to feel unwelcomed and the hospital after calling off just once. infact when i came back i was offered a part time job. so this has had a efect on my life for the last 8 months. i feel like my life has spiraled out of control.im so messed up right now i do not even know who i am anymore..

Comment

Working...
              X