A good Gilenya experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so far, so good

My first dose of Gilenya was Monday, Feb. 18, 2013. I was very nervous based on all the things I've read. It is my first medication to try for my newly diagnosed MS.

There is MS in my family, and it's been pretty severe...all 3 people were in wheelchairs within 5 years. I have a large, young family and am highly motivated to do everything I can to be as healthy as possible for as long as possible. Thus, we chose Gilenya in hopes of going with something strong to keep the disease at bay from the very beginning.

The appointment went smoothly. My heart rate dipped when I dozed off, but I walked around for a few minutes and it came right back up. No one was alarmed. I was at a major medical center in Houston, and they said they monitor 3-4 patients each week who are beginning Gilenya.

Now we begin the wait to see if I develop side effects, if they're manageable, and if the Gilenya is doing its job to keep the MS at bay. Good luck to everyone!

Comment

Gilenya Back Pain and delayed Menstrual Cycle

Since taking Gilenya i have had severe lower back pain and delayed menstrual periods! It hasn't been a good experience. Maybe it will all get better? Have been hospitalised to investigate the lower back pain and delayed menstrual cycle. At home now but still investigations are in progress....

Comment

GILENYA

HAS ANYONE HAD A PROBLEM WITH THIS DRUG.. IVE BEEN ON IT FOR 30 MONTHS WITHOUT ANY PROBLEMS OR EXACERBATIONS ...MY LYMPHOCYTES DROPPED TO .7 BUT THAT WAS EXPECTED

Comment

So far, so good!

I've been on Gilenya now for about 6 weeks, and I haven't noticed any side effects. My heart rate dropped slightly during the first dose, but not significantly, so it looks like I'm okay in that regard.

However, after reading all of the posts in this thread, I think I should get my liver enzyme checked. I haven't had any tests done since my first dose, six weeks ago. Hmm...I think a conversation with my doctor is in the works...
          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

RRMS, dx May 2013, on Gilenya from May '13 - Aug. 14
          Currently following Dr. Jelinek's OMS (Overcoming MS) plan

Comment

I'm only 4 days into treatment with Gilenya but it's been problem free for me so far. My heart rate slowed a little bit the first dose but still well within the normal range. Not having to take a daily shot of Copaxone such a great feeling.

Comment

Got an MRI (brain/spine) done last week after being on Gilenya for 4 months and was pleased to hear yesterday from my Neuro that no new lesions were visable and older ones have shrunk with some of the smaller ones gone which was great news considering i had very active MS since being first diagnosed in March '12. (copax did not work) Got my blood taken yesterday and will go and see the Optician next week who will send a report to my Neuro, so hopefully i won't hear from him again until December when i'm due another MRI.

Comment

Working...
              X