No announcement yet.

40mg 3days per week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you all so much for commenting in this thread !!!! I've been looking for people's views about the 3x per week and haven't been able to find much.

I am really considering switching. My main concern is that the reactions will be worse. I have had the chest tightness and difficulty breathing about 4x and big red itchy lumps most every time. I've had to go to the hospital before because they got to big ( took over my whole thigh)

I think I will change to the 3x per week soon. Its so alluring, to feel like a real normal person for 4 days out of the week!!

Please keep posting your experiences , I'm definitely looking forward to reading them.

Thanks again!

Comment

So far so good

Started the 40 mg yesterday. So far so good. Hoping it will continue to keep away the relapses and even help me to walk without my cane. A girl can have dreams right? Lol
      "Focusing on what I CAN do and not what I can't do."

Comment

Just ordered today!

Thanks so much for everyone's comments! It has been really helpful in making the decision to change from the 20 mg to the 40 mg dose, 3 times per week.

The specialty pharmacy is supposed to call me within the next several days and then the order will be placed and a delivery date set. I am actually quite excited now that I finally made a decision! Whew!

I will be sure to update after my first injection! I am interested to keep hearing others comments and more people move to the 40 mg dose.

Best to all! MGM

Comment

I have been on the 3x a week now for two weeks. Had a bit of achy legs the first two shots( MW) but went away and no issues since. I thin the legs symptoms had more to do with me overdoing not the Copaxone. Love the MWF and so nice to have the weekends off. All good to this point.

Comment

It's good

I've taken this for a couple of weeks. I'm still feeling a more intense sting upon injection.

Other than that I have no complaints. I LOVE three times a week. I think for me this will make me more compliant. No matter how much I tried to talk myself into it, there were nights when I just couldn't being myself to take the 20mg. Something about doing it every single day was wearing on me. I know with this if I don't feel like it at least I have tomorrow "off."

I'm glad they came up with this.

Comment

3x week is so much better!

Sara

Comment

Sting

Originally posted by candycane View Post
                I've been on 20 for3 years. Did first 40 tonight & super excited about three times a week, but boy did it sting!!! Maybe it's psychological....I don't know. Did anyone else notice it?

This won't deter me, though. I'm grateful for less shots
                I'm starting the 4th yr only now moved to 40mg 3X a week.

I find the injections painful and the lumps and redness worse. However, the injections have always been a problem for me. I'm not afraid of needles, but my skin is looking bad. I cannot do my arms at all. I get huge reactions that swell and last for weeks. I had a pneumonia vaccine a few months ago and it is the same. There will always be a scar from that one. I guess for me it's the reaction that my body creates.

I just inject four places. Right/Left leg and Upper right/ left hip.

I have plenty of fat so it's not because there aren't any fatty injection sites. I think part of my problem is age as when you age your skin does change. I've lost tone.

I feel that I'll have to quit just due to the skin problems. Also no matter how careful I am I draw blood. I can't see where the veins are; I have lots of small capillaries. I don't think my problem is common. I don't want to quit, but if I do I won't take the pills. I don't want the liver problems that often accompanies pill. At least Copaxone doesn't create that problem.

I wish they'd hurry the once a week injection. Sounds so exciting.

Good Luck,

Diane
                You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself one.

Comment

Been on it for 3 weeks. Noticed that injection sites are more tender than when I was on the 20mg. I like the 3x's a week. I had been getting needle fatigue with the 20mg.

Comment

I will do my first injection today with the 40mg. I am very excited. I hated doing an injection every day but it worked so i stuck with it

Comment

Copaxone 40mg

I have been on Copaxone 20mg for seven years and changed to 40mg a month ago. I love that it is only 3 times a week and the side effects seem to be better. Yes it is expensive but my insurance for prescriptions is very good only have to $6.67 for a month supply that they say costs $4500. So very lucky.

Comment

Verdict in...

I've been on copaxone 20ml for the first 6mo of my MS journey. I started the 40ml 2wks ago so I had my 6th dose today.

Effects: It does hurt, swell, and I feel the pain longer than the 20ml. I take Advil after the injection.

I feel it's worth it.

THE WORST PART:
                        My mail order insurance is not going to cover it so shared solutions can't back it.
                        So this 1 small 40ml copaxone box is going to be my one and only experience/tease I will have of this MS controlling medication that makes my MS life a little easier.

Yes, I'm sad with big alligator tears but life goes on.

If you have the opportunity try it.

Lemons to lemonade.

Comment

Queen Lavee,

I am sad to hear that your insurance company won't cover it. I have had the hardest time trying to figure out the cost from my specialty pharmacy. They have me insurance info, but I have received three different prices and cost to me in three separate phone conversations. The kicker was that I was told that they don't know the price until it ships. Seriously??

I hope to find out my actual cost in the next week. Meanwhile, this evening I injected my first dose. Yes, I think it does sting more but I seem to have a bit of a headache following. It could be that I am tired since I stayed up to late watching a movie, so I will have to see on next injection.

I was not dosing everyday, so I hope this will help me have more Copaxone in my system fighting this crazy disease called MS!

Comment

I started the 40 mg last wednesday and tonight is my third time. I just love it. I havent noticed anything different from the 20 mg. I love the freedom of it. I have chosen to do it Monday, Wednesday and Friday and all weekend I didnt have to think about the shot. It isnt that I thought of it all of the time I think that it was always in the back of my mind. It just seems so much easier. If I were you i would change to the 40 mg. It is so much easier and the side effects are no different than the 20 mg. Googd luck

Comment

Update! I'm in.

Originally posted by Queen Lavee View Post
                              I've been on copaxone 20ml for the first 6mo of my MS journey. I started the 40ml 2wks ago so I had my 6th dose today.

Effects: It does hurt, swell, and I feel the pain longer than the 20ml. I take Advil after the injection.

I feel it's worth it.

THE WORST PART:
                              My mail order insurance is not going to cover it so shared solutions can't back it.
                              So this 1 small 40ml copaxone box is going to be my one and only experience/tease I will have of this MS controlling medication that makes my MS life a little easier.

Yes, I'm sad with big alligator tears but life goes on.

If you have the opportunity try it.

Lemons to lemonade.
                              I called to fill my copaxone today, they said ok the 40mg no copay!!!! On its way!!! Just like that!!! I'm blessed.

Comment

Queen Lavee

Good to hear your good news. Was it difficult to get your insurance company to approve the change to 40mg? Did Shared Solutions assist you?
                                Is there a co-pay?

Comment

Working...
                                X