Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CAN I GET SOME POSITIVE FEEDBACK RE: COPAXONE?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got my Copaxone today and meet with the nurse on Monday morning.

Thanks all for your positive posts!

Sara

Comment

That's excellent, I hope your Copax experience is another positive one (at least as positive as doing a needle every day is). Let us know how you make out with the nurse, have a good weekend too!
      Jen
      RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
      "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

Thanks! I'm hopeful!

Have a great weekend also!

Sara

Comment

I picked Copaxone based on lack of side effects, safety & being a SC injection, same as insulin. Being diabetic I have been doing multiple shots a day for years (more like decades). For me it was just going from 5 shots/day to 6.

In recent years I had been declining, since starting Copaxone I have alt least slowed things down and my limited walking better than I was when I first started Copax.

Gomer Sir Falls-a-lot

Comment

I did my first shot this morning. It went fine.

Thanks for ya'lls encouragement!

Sara

Comment

Great Sara!
              Congratulations!!

MS has been part of my life for over 10 years.
              I make it part of my routine, like brushing my teeth.

Give it time. It takes a long time (over 6 months) for the body to adjust to Copaxone. The lumps and bumps, itches, etc. should slowly reduce.
              Best wishes to you, Sara!
              You are doing something good.

Comment

Hi Sara
                hope the Copaxone injections are going well. I've been on it for 8 years now. My MS went from highly active (4relapses a year ) to 1 mild one a year. I do have a bit of progression but it is 14 years since I was diagnosed - tomorrow, actually! I can walk at a good pace for over an hour but I have a lot of pain, heat intolerance and cognitive problems.
                The negative for me has been widespread lipoatrophy , despite strict rotation of 45+ sites. But I can walk. If Id known Id be in this shape when I was first dxd 14 years ago I would have worried a lot less.
                Let us know how u are getting on!

Comment

You all have good things to say about Copaxone. I was just diagnosed with chronic MS and am waiting for the medication to be delivered. I will let you know how I do as soon as I take my first dose.

Comment

Everything's good!

Everything is going great for me. I have only occasionally had mild bruising and I'm sure that is from pushing down too hard on the autoinject.

I do strictly follow Jen's advice with pushing down on shot site to the count of thirty, ice for 5 months and benadryl cream. I haven't had any site reactions!

Sara

Comment

Originally posted by sharonk410 View Post
                      You all have good things to say about Copaxone. I was just diagnosed with chronic MS and am waiting for the medication to be delivered. I will let you know how I do as soon as I take my first dose.
                      Good luck!!
                      He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
                      Anonymous

Comment

My dr just switched me from rebif to copaxone I take my first injection tonight.

Comment

Be careful

Im not trying to scare you.

Make sure you have a very good support system, and make sure they are honest with you.

If your personality starts to change they will notice before you do.

I know It doesn't seem so serious but if you let it go too long, you may end up like me. (Im on trial for something I would never do).

Best wishes,
                          Be careful

Comment

Working...
                          X