No announcement yet.

COpaxone on backorder!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, it is not a conspiracy theory thread. The medicine was not available and for some, it is still not.

COpaxone IS manufactured in Jerusalem, Isreal and imported, anyone can call Teva and find this out.

No theory, unfortunately, this is for real.
    RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
    "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

What's the big deal about it being imported and made in JERUSALEM (OMG)? It's not like it goes on a steamer and takes 1 week. Everythign you buy at walmart is imported, even much of the vegetables.

Comment

Originally posted by Scooter24 View Post
        the tax you speak of is for foreign made drugs that are imported to the us and it does not sound like it is for OTC just prescription drugs. That is specifically spelled out in the bill, I have read about 80% of the bill so far. I will locate that section later today and post the actual wording of it.
        There are likely hundreds of OTC drugs manufactured outside the US. When we were on a cruise of the Rhine we saw the Bayer facility in Germany. We have so many requirements for manufacturers here and for developers as well, that US companies don't find manufacturing very cost effective.

It's sort of like how recently Darvon was taken off the market, yet much more potent drugs like Oxycontin and Oxycondone were left alone. If you read about abusers of drugs you will find the later two to be used more often than Darvon.

I have no problems with things manufactured outside the US. When we get smart (???) and find reasonable ways to manufacture things that are affordable, things will change.
        You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself one.

Comment

In th3e news...

There have been news articles that have reported that there are shortages of important drugs. I think if you google 'drug shortages' in the US' you will find some info.

Meanwhile as I said in an earlier post I didn't find any problem getting Copaxone and got mine with no problem.

I wonder if it's a pharmacy issue?

Diane
          You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself one.

Comment

I called TEVA and they said it was a short term shortage at my pharmacy warehouse. It was a little odd, but maybe someone just made a mistake with obtaining the medication for the warehouses.

It is back in stock now.
            Diagnosed 7/11/11
            On Copaxone 7/11- 12/13
            On Tecfidera 12/13- current

Comment

BigA, I think you misunderstood my reason for posting about C being manufactured in Isreal. I personally dont care if it's manufactured on the moon, as long as i can get it, which I couldn't, as it works. I have been taking it for 5 years and this is a first.

I don't even live in the US but noticed someone's post about a new tax on imported drugs so that's why I pointed it out as this drug will probably be subject to your new tax. Geez, I was kind of insulted by your "OMG"! If I gave anyone the wrong impression, I apologize, just trying to pass on some info.
              RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
              "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

No idea I got mine right on time Just like they said.

Comment

Lol Big A

I got my Copaxone on Friday. No problems. Just wanted to let everyone know. Used Curascript, delivered to Maryland.

Comment

Originally posted by Cat Mom View Post
                    BigA, I think you misunderstood my reason for posting about C being manufactured in Isreal. I personally dont care if it's manufactured on the moon, as long as i can get it, which I couldn't, as it works. I have been taking it for 5 years and this is a first.

I don't even live in the US but noticed someone's post about a new tax on imported drugs so that's why I pointed it out as this drug will probably be subject to your new tax. Geez, I was kind of insulted by your "OMG"! If I gave anyone the wrong impression, I apologize, just trying to pass on some info.
                    Ah - Apologies then, I am wary of any conspiracies, whether about Jews, Obama or George Bush. There must be some delay in the Canadian system. But in any case, you don't actually pay anything for copaxone, do you?

Comment

No conspiracies , just another data point: Cigna didn't call me about refilling at the usual time (almost 2 weeks ago), but I called today and they said I'll get my C on Wednesday.
                      1st sx 11/26/09; Copaxone from 12/1/11 to 7/13/18
                      NOT ALL SX ARE MS!

Comment

Working...
                      X