COpaxone on backorder!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

COpaxone on backorder!

Not sure if this is Canada only, or Ontario only but COpaxone is on backorder from Teva, the manufacturer until July 19, at the latest. It is made in Isreal and "testing" has to be done as well as customs. Some.distributors of drug stores may still have some stock so maybe try to renew it.

You'd think this would have been communicated to us or the drug stores, did I miss the memo? Shared Solutions have our emails and phone numbers, maybe I expect too much.

Jen
    RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
    "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

I just ordered mine and I am expecting it to be delivered on Wednesday. It must be a Canadian thing

I do agree with you though, someone, somewhere should have informed everyone of the "back ordered" issue.

I see you are from Southern Ontario, I lived in Tillsonburg for a few years when I was in grade school. I still miss it.

Comment

Can't speak for Canada but this is happening with hundreds of drugs in the US, some of them fairly commonly used anesthesia or cancer drugs. There is no legal requirement that any notice be issued to pharmacies, doctors, or hospitals, much less to consumers - the ones who actually need them!

A bill was started in the US Congress last week to require such notice.

Comment

One of my kids

hasn't been able to get their allergy medication for a few months now - same thing happened last year - please, how could this be a coincidence?

Comment

I am a pharmacist and I couldn't get Copaxone from my OWN HOSPITAL where I work!

I had to call around , and I finally found some in stock at another hospital in the city. I am thinking of calling TEVA tomorrow to see WTH is the problem.

I strongly suspect it may have something to do with trials they just won in UK regarding patent extension. If so, that is just sick!
          Diagnosed 7/11/11
          On Copaxone 7/11- 12/13
          On Tecfidera 12/13- current

Comment

I usually get a courtesy call from SS when its time to order my Cop again, but got none this month. I wonder if its becasue of this? Ill be calling them later and hopefully getting my meds.

Comment

Shortages

I've heard that there are going to be or 'are' already shortages of many important drugs. I guess you could Google this as 'drug shortages in the US' or that type of search.

Also, as just a side to this..I've heard that when Obamacare goes into full effect in 2014 that OTC meds will get a special higher tax! I told my dh that we are going to have to stock up on things we buy regularly like Ibuprofin and such.

Things are not looking good for people in general.

Diane
              You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself one.

Comment

I should state that I live and work in Baltimore Maryland.

I called TEVA and they connected me with Shared Solutions today. They both denied that there is any sort of Copaxone back order. However, I checked with my pharmacy warehouse, McKesson, and they still have none available. I spoke with a supervisor at Shared Solutions and she promised to look into it and get back to me.

McKesson is one of the two major US Pharmaceutical warehouses..Cardinal is the other-- there are several smaller warehouses. I may try to call a friend who has a Cardinal account and see what they say about their Copaxone availability. Something fishy is going on here!!
                Diagnosed 7/11/11
                On Copaxone 7/11- 12/13
                On Tecfidera 12/13- current

Comment

Hi Leah, McKesson is also my pharmacy's distributor. I got a call from my pharm yesterday to let me know it's back in stock so my rx got filled. I hope this was a one time thing. In case it's not, i am filling 2 months at a time rather than one. Good luck.
                  Jen

Comment

Also, as just a side to this..I've heard that when Obamacare goes into full effect in 2014 that OTC meds will get a special higher tax!
                    the tax you speak of is for foreign made drugs that are imported to the us and it does not sound like it is for OTC just prescription drugs. That is specifically spelled out in the bill, I have read about 80% of the bill so far. I will locate that section later today and post the actual wording of it.
                    Plan for the future, but not too hard; it’s not your decision anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Leah27 View Post
                      I should state that I live and work in Baltimore Maryland.

I called TEVA and they connected me with Shared Solutions today. They both denied that there is any sort of Copaxone back order. However, I checked with my pharmacy warehouse, McKesson, and they still have none available. I spoke with a supervisor at Shared Solutions and she promised to look into it and get back to me.

McKesson is one of the two major US Pharmaceutical warehouses..Cardinal is the other-- there are several smaller warehouses. I may try to call a friend who has a Cardinal account and see what they say about their Copaxone availability. Something fishy is going on here!!
                      Leah:

I'm not that far from you (Montgomery County), and I just got a refill of Copaxone a few weeks back. I get it through the local Giant. They have to order it, of course, but I told them I needed a refill, and 2 days later they had it at the store.

Not sure why you guys are having so much trouble getting it.

Comment

Called my pharmacy and ordered my script. They gave me a delivery date of Friday, July 20th with no mention of backorder or Cop being out of stock. Phew! I'm in Frederick, MD, going through Cura Script.

Comment

Originally posted by Scooter24 View Post
                          the tax you speak of is for foreign made drugs that are imported to the us
                          Scooter, I live in Canada so Obamacare doesn't apply to me but...

COPAXONE IS MANUFACTURED IN JERUSALEM, ISREAL AND IT IS IMPORTED!!!!

I would be very wary, it's freakin' expensive enough without adding new taxes.

Leah, the lady at Teva who I spoke to when this happened is named Trudy Matheson. I was bounced around a bit before reaching her so I'm not sure which phone # you would pick to reach her. She was really helpful. If you want, I can try to find her for you.

Jen

Comment

Interesting...

I called curascript today to refill mine and they said it will be here Friday. I guess I will have to wait and see.

Comment

Is this some sort of conspiracy theory thread?

Comment

Working...
                              X