GABAPENTIN - Anyone take it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neurontin for tremors

Very happy for this thread as it affirms "my miracle" reaction. Started four days ago - first 30 minutes my tremors nearly stopped, my head went clear - 100 mg 3x per day - but now not effective.

I was so encouraged to see immediate effect. After hearing the posts am going to call to increase dosage.

Also, first time I hv heard of the "sun burn" feeling. Thought I was the only one.

The tremors had become disabling....I feel new hope...optimistic...a new day..and am so grateful to all who take the time to share. It helps soooooo much!

Comment

Originally posted by Sequoia View Post
      It's Neurontin, not Neurotine, and I hope it works well for you once your body gets adjusted to it!

I take Baclofen for my own spasticity/stiffness/pain,
      Thank you for the correct spelling. Neurontin :0)

Well not sure if its for me. Went to the Salon yesterday and at one point it took all I had to sit their and let the stylist finish my hair. My muscles got soooo tight. After she was finally done - Got in my vehicle and took a 1/2 Ativan which helped a little.. not a lot but just a little.

I only took the morning dose of Neurontin yesterday and this morning I was not as tight.. oh still my tight, stiff self but did not feel the added tightness. I was sooooo hoping this would help but not sure if its for me.

I understand people say give it a chance let it get in your system... well if it makes me tighter I doubt if it will help with my muscle tightness, stiffness. I think Neurontin is exactly what it states its for which is PAIN - I am not having issues with pain.. mine is stiffness/tightness. Ativan works a lot better than Neurontin.

I do stretch everyday which doesn't help too much but I still do it... These big hard tension knots in my neck doesn't help matters either.. keeps my face area/neck shoulders pretty tight. My abdomen and ribs gets a bit tight to as does my right leg. I tried Baclofen - did not have a good experience with that. I guess for now.. its Ativan - its the only thing that helps right now.

I need to lay down and have a machine to just stretch my body out.. STRETCH, STRETCH, STRETCH...

Jay

Comment

I'm on 1800mg a day.. Na, I don't see any side effect.. Maybe some extra fatigue. It's hard to tell really.

Comment

Originally posted by Look2theStars View Post
          I'm on 1800mg a day.. Na, I don't see any side effect.. Maybe some extra fatigue. It's hard to tell really.

Just an update on this.. I switched to Lyrica. MUCH better.. Not as fatigued, tired..

Comment

Working...
          X