No announcement yet.

GABAPENTIN - Anyone take it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, Allyson, I am still in so much pain I could cry. I am still ramping up for 3 more days. I hope it kicks in to gear soon.
    Dx: 2/3/12. 6-8 lesions right medulla/cervical spine. GLATIRAMER ACETATE 40 mg 1/19, medical marijuana 1/18. Modafinil 7/18, Women's multivitamin, Caltrate + D3, Iron, Vitamin C, Super B Complex, Probiotics, Magnesium, Biotin.

Comment

I may feel kind of dizzy or relaxed. I take it for pain, tense muscles in my neck and shoulders. So, it works for me. The more often you take it then the less the side effects will show up.

Most people take it daily not as a prn so they adjust.

Comment

I'm sorry is all I can say

I wish I could help or give you some great advice Lisa but all I can say is try calling your Doc. I hope you find some relief soon! Its never fun to feel all that pain

isamadjul
        (allyson)
        DX 10/10, JCV postitive by a lot (said Nuero lol), Betaerson, Gilenya, Tecifidera, Aubagio now on Ocerevus

Comment

I take 2700mg a day and have for years, I started taking it for my back pain and think it might have masked some of my MS symptoms and prolonged the DX. When I get the feeling that my face is sunburned I take an extra 600mg and it works well. I have never had any side effects but everyone is different

Comment

Neurontin , aka , Gabapentin

My neurologist just started me on Gabapentin, aka, Neurontin. I have side affects but they are tolerable since I was told to take it at night 2 hours before bed and was told to make sure I get 8 hours sleep. Mine is for RLS, nerve jabs in my feet. Because of the RLS in both legs, dr thought it might help me get some sleep and to see if my forgetfulness,fog, and recall would come back. He thinks i am not getting the right sleep because of the nerve pain.
            One week down and so far so good. Just wish the eye would get better. Hope this helps some.
            Still in Limbo til Dec
            STR

Comment

I take 100mg. of Gabapentin & 100mg.of Neurontin 3X's a day. Took about a week to kick in & now doing great.
              Some meds need a week or so to build up in your body.
              Keep us posted,God Bless Nona Judy

Comment

Today is my 5th day and I am gonna ask my Dr if I can take 2 per day rather than once at nite. He said to call if pain persists, so after the lunch hour I am calling.

Allyson, thanks.
                Dx: 2/3/12. 6-8 lesions right medulla/cervical spine. GLATIRAMER ACETATE 40 mg 1/19, medical marijuana 1/18. Modafinil 7/18, Women's multivitamin, Caltrate + D3, Iron, Vitamin C, Super B Complex, Probiotics, Magnesium, Biotin.

Comment

LisaL77

I'm not your Doc but my Neuro had me up my 100mg a wk till I felt better...well not better you know what I mean . If it where ME I would up my dose until I was able to talk to my Neuro. Monday is far off if your in constant pain.

isamadjul
                  (allyson)
                  DX 10/10, JCV postitive by a lot (said Nuero lol), Betaerson, Gilenya, Tecifidera, Aubagio now on Ocerevus

Comment

Ahhh Allyson, one in the am and one in the pm now, feeling much better! Stuff is a miracle.

Comment

I have taken this but I have been on so many meds, I get confused. Is this neurontin?
                      DXd Fragile X premutation ~ 2004
                      DXd RRMS ~ Jan. 2009

Comment

Yes, it is neurontin / gabapentin.

I am on 100 mg 3 x a day now. So groggy. I am concerned I will not be able to drive myself to work on Monday.

Comment

I took this cor most of my first year following dx. 3 or 4 times a day until I was having a flare & started forgetting to take it.

I was on it for headaches, constant low throb, not migraines. What I began to notice was that when I didnt take these pills, my headaches were vision blurring, mind numbing BAD.

I dis some research on the medication and was not thrilles with what I found out. I made an appt w my neuro to discuss this information, his solution was to increase my dosage.

I researched it some more when I got home and decided to stop taking it. After getting through a few days of horrible pain....I was fine. I still get the mild (ignorable) headaches fairly often but I can live with it. Taking a medication that causes far worse pain than what I am taking it for doesnt make sense to me, I found it frightening.
                          DXd Fragile X premutation ~ 2004
                          DXd RRMS ~ Jan. 2009

Comment

I take 100mg.gabapentin combined w/100mg.Neurontin 3x a day. No problums really helps.
                            God Bless Nona Judy

Comment

Originally posted by owlnona View Post
                              I take 100mg.gabapentin combined w/100mg.Neurontin 3x a day.
                              That's very odd, because gabapentin is just the generic name for Neurontin. Are they prescribed by different doctors?
                              1st sx 11/26/09; Copaxone from 12/1/11 to 7/13/18
                              NOT ALL SX ARE MS!

Comment

Neurontin

Hello again,

Had my Neuro up my Neurontin to 200mg and i still take it two hours before bedtime. It helps some. After about 5 hours of sleep I am wide awake and my leg is numb and tingling. I have to sit up for about an hour for the sx to get tolerable enough to get back to sleep. I will take this med dose until I see my Neuro in March. I read it takes a while to get into your system. I had my MRI today for dx of MS. My MS Neuro/Opthamologist ordered it. Looking for lesions. Regular neuro still says "possible". I am at my wits end but i see this is all to familiar territory for most of you. I too shall wait my turn for a dx. My ON is getting worse. When i have a bad day sx wise the ON is really noticable. My left lower quadrant in my right eye is not looking so good. My pcp said she will talk with my neuro to help me manage from her end. I do have cool drs who are trying to find what is wrong. Waiting is the worst.

Find it ... fix it. If it can't be fixed ... help me to live with it.
                                STR

Comment

Working...
                                X