No announcement yet.

Copaxone and hair?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I was on Copaxone. my hair was sooo thin, and I normally have a thick full head of hair. No perm would stick, no styling stuff would stay. My hair became baby fine, stopped growing at its normal rate. I would wake in the AM and find my pillow was furry from the night before. The shower drain was littered with my hair. I resigned myself that I was going to be one of those that had hair loss with the drug.

Good news! when I stopped taking the drug, within weeks, my hair started to regrow! its been a couple of years now since I stopped and my hair is back to long, and strong. I even retried a perm and it stuck! on copaxone even the strongest perm would not stay more than a few days. My hair started to regrow at its normal rate, my pillow and shower drain only have a couple of hairs, and my locks are right back to where we started.

There are many things you can do if you stay on C. Scarfs, headbands, well placed barrets, a good stylish hair cut does wonders! PAY EXTRA for a GOOD hair cut, not just the supercuts. Then go to SuperCuts to have it maintained. The better stylist really knows about how hair falls, and direction of follicle growth...WORTH IT! Till then hang in there. MS under control is better than a head full of locks. There is always a trade off for everything. My hair was a small price to pay while it worked for me.
    RRMS 3/26/07
    Beta 5/17/07
    Copaxone 8/07/07

Comment

Working...
    X