No announcement yet.

Neurontin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was put on Neurontin....took 1-300mg at bedtime for 4 nights, then 1 in the morning and one at night, for 4 days, then 1 three times a day. It doped me up, and I figured my body had to become accustom to it. I do have to say, I never realized how MUCH pain I had been in, as by the time I got to 3 times per day, I was amazed that nothing hurt.

I have now been on it for almost a month, and I am STILL doped up from it. To top that off, I am now having panic attacks, and have a short fuse over STUPID things (agitation).

Before coming here tonight, I went to read some of the side effects... yep, panic attacks and agitation are just a couple of the many Neurontin lists.

I weigh only 110-111lbs. (can't maintain weight), and wonder if 900mg per day is way too much for my size. In all honesty, I'd rather have the pain, then to be so doped up, suffer panic attacks (what a HORRIBLE feeling that is), and blow up over stupid things at those I love more than life!

Right now, I'm so disgusted that I'm considering giving up all the meds, only taking my baclofen. I'm even considering stopping the Rebif, as now the shot areas are getting sore. I have no fat to inject into, and it's leaving medicine bumps that have to be mushed around. I honestly don't know or believe that it's really doing anything!
    MS, it's a brain thang!
    Proud to have served, U.S Army WAC

Comment

I am not taking anything for pain as of now. nothing was working for me and they were actually making me feel worse than when my ms was active. right now, i feel normal. i am no longer number or experiencing any symptoms.

i took my first avonex shot this friday. no side effects so far.
      Btw, the original dosage for my neurontin was too high...but I also did not like it at 100 mg either

Comment

Neurontin

I've taken Neurontin for quite a while & I haven't had a lot of problems with it. I take it for nerve pain in my feet.

The dr tried a higher dose but I had swelling so bad in my feet & ankles that the dr lowered it back down. I take 3 a day & when I forget to take one my feet are so painful I can hardly walk.

I have tried taking other meds but they didn't work & I flat told the dr I wouldn't take them. You have to be an advocate for yourself. If a med makes you feel worse instead of better than stop taking it. You know your body the dr doesn't.

Good luck
        Sammie

Comment

I cut back to 2-300mg a day.... pain didn't return, but it was still rather soon... I decided to try just 1-300mg, only at night. It's still too soon to tell if the pain is under control, but OMG, my mind is normal (the Neurontin was keeping me stoned, ALL day on the 3-300mgs per day). I've decided I'd rather have pain, then to be stoned all day long. I like being clear headed, more than being out of pain!!
          MS, it's a brain thang!
          Proud to have served, U.S Army WAC

Comment

Working...
          X