how safe is xanax every day?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lexie View Post
    I only take my Zanex about three times a week when I can feel myself begin to stress like today when I had to have my long time companion weimeramer put down. I take ambien EVERY night for sleep. I have had a sleep study and the neuro told me it was bad so I have to go to the sleep study doctor on Tuesday and probably get a CPAC. Neuro said even with the ambien I am not getting a restful sleep which contributes to the daily fatigue. So we'll see Tuesday what the sleep doctor says. I am 61 years old and at my age I value every day and don't worry about getting adicted to anything if it makes my life better!
    Lexie: What did the sleep doc tell you? I also take Ambien every night, have for about 3-4 yrs....it's something I look forward to because I know I will fall asleep fast -- although lately I wake up at 3-4 a.m. and my head spins with thoughts and then can't fall back to sleep. Incredible amount of stress, fear, depression going on. My dr mentioned the possibility of a sleep study, but I just don't want to do it. Curious how it went for you?

Sara
    Rule of Feline Frustration: When your cat has fallen asleep on your lap and looks utterly content and adorable, you will suddenly have to go to the bathroom.

Comment

Originally posted by Lexie View Post
      I only take my Zanex about three times a week when I can feel myself begin to stress like today when I had to have my long time companion weimeramer put down. I take ambien EVERY night for sleep. I have had a sleep study and the neuro told me it was bad so I have to go to the sleep study doctor on Tuesday and probably get a CPAC. Neuro said even with the ambien I am not getting a restful sleep which contributes to the daily fatigue. So we'll see Tuesday what the sleep doctor says. I am 61 years old and at my age I value every day and don't worry about getting adicted to anything if it makes my life better!
      THAT'S WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT :-) If it helps..why worry about addiction. Because without it.. you may feel like crap.

Comment

Well for me.... not only do I have MS (as they say)... but I am also dealing with peri-menopause - talk about a double whammy.

I am 51 years young - I do not have hot flashes.. but seems like everything else.. the muscle aches, 24/7 muscle tension, tension knots neck/shoulders - stay so still and tensed.

I feel I do need something to help me along the way. If not, I will be in the ER every other day. I have been to the ER several times in the month of Feb and what do they do - do blood work, give me ativan and send me on my way.

Ativan does help take the edge off when I am SUPER tensed. I work a full time job-I have no choice, I have to work to pay bills and I need something to help me along the way and low dose Ativan does help.

I wish I didn't need it at this point, but without it this peri-menopause stuff is just so unbearable at times - sometimes I don't know if ms is acting up or if its peri-menopause. I feel myself spasming up, stiffing up a lot especially my right leg.. its awful sometimes.

I do understand benzos are not that great for you.. but what do you do??? There are no "good" meds out here without side effects.. ALL MEDS HAVE SIDE EFFECTS.. SOME WORST THAN OTHERS.

Ms. Jay

Comment

Originally posted by futurmil2b View Post
          THAT'S WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT :-) If it helps..why worry about addiction. Because without it.. you may feel like crap.
          My thought exactly!! I wish we could differentiate more when talking about 'dependant' vs 'addicted' I am DEPENDENT on many different meds. Ambien is one of them. I have been taking it for 5yrs now every night. I love it when someone hears that & tells me its not good for me & I'm addicted. My response "WHO CARES?!!" I mean honestly, whats worse....being dependent on this little pill to be able to sleep or not sleeping & become a total wreck?!

If you are prescribed a medication by your Dr., & you take it as prescribed so that you can live even a some what 'normal' life han yes, your dependent but if you use more or don't follow drs orders than yes, you may be addicted.

I refused to be labeled an addict just because I'm dependent!!!
          "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"

Dx 2004, Copx, Rebif, Ty Beta- I'm done!!

Comment

Xanax

I spent over 6 months titrating my RRMS Fiance off of this as well as several other scrip addictions. Please read the INSTRUCTIONS on drugs.com

Xanax is highly addictive and NOT supposed to be prescribed for more than TWO WEEKS.

BE CAREFUL with the junk.

G

Comment

Originally posted by futurmil2b View Post
              Well for me.... not only do I have MS (as they say)... but I am also dealing with peri-menopause - talk about a double whammy.

I am 51 years young - I do not have hot flashes.. but seems like everything else.. the muscle aches, 24/7 muscle tension, tension knots neck/shoulders - stay so still and tensed.

I feel I do need something to help me along the way. If not, I will be in the ER every other day. I have been to the ER several times in the month of Feb and what do they do - do blood work, give me ativan and send me on my way.

Ativan does help take the edge off when I am SUPER tensed. I work a full time job-I have no choice, I have to work to pay bills and I need something to help me along the way and low dose Ativan does help.

I wish I didn't need it at this point, but without it this peri-menopause stuff is just so unbearable at times - sometimes I don't know if ms is acting up or if its peri-menopause. I feel myself spasming up, stiffing up a lot especially my right leg.. its awful sometimes.

I do understand benzos are not that great for you.. but what do you do??? There are no "good" meds out here without side effects.. ALL MEDS HAVE SIDE EFFECTS.. SOME WORST THAN OTHERS.

Ms. Jay
              Hi, Ms. Jay -- right there with you on the perimenopause....even though my gyno says I'm too young (45) and "bloodwork doesn't show it", I KNOW that it's got to be that.....I have 2 "good" weeks (usually) per month, which changes depending on the stress level...which right now is WAY off the charts. I've always "run hot", emotional, etc.....my boys should be thankful they're grown and out of the house. I am thankful cats can't talk (well, human-speak)--I'd probably get an earful at times. I don't take ativan, but do take provigil (more lately than I used to). I also take Ambien every night, have tried Klonopin, take Xanax as needed, Wellbutrin 300 mg.....geez. And I know a lot of the meds cause depression, and with the peri stuff and awful stressful situation at work--I think I'm screwed (please excuse)

Sara
              Rule of Feline Frustration: When your cat has fallen asleep on your lap and looks utterly content and adorable, you will suddenly have to go to the bathroom.

Comment

Use your google..

I suggest you google Zanex and often you will go to a site which will give you basic information.

My mother was on Zanex for anxiety, mental health issues.

Its not a sleep medication per se, but it's side effects may cause relaxation, sleepiness.

Often our docs give us meds which are for completely other disease uses because they've been shown to help people with other issues. This is particularly true with helping with MS symtoms as there are no other meds aside from DMD's that solely treat MS.

Docs should explain why they are giving specific drugs; i'm lucky mine does and also I know a bit about them due to my mother's illness.

Believe me I worry about meds as much as anyone; I always look them up to know what it is I'm taking.

Diane
                You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself one.

Comment

Working...
                X