Possible MS or anxiety?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi,

If you can, I would suggest you go for a phsycological evaluation. It was told almost 2 years ago that I was told my lightheadness was perhaps due to anxiety. I didn't believe them, then another doc said it may be.

I finally went to a psychologist who ended up clearing me of anxiety disorders/issues. If I could do it again...I would have gotten this checked out when it was first suggested.

Because even though I know my body and I truly don't think it was anxiety... there's always a little part of me that was wondering if it was! Don't get me wrong...having many unanswered health issues did cause some anxiety. But the difference is whether anxiety is the route of the problem.

The psychologist will be able to assess you and see if your symptoms are caused by anxiety.

You'll be able to move forward regardless of the outcome...but at least you will know.

All the best,
    Minnie76

Comment

Originally posted by concernedcass View Post
      What are the possible causes of 1 nonspecific spot? It's very scary knowing that something is on my brain and they don't really know what it is..and in their opinion it's normal. Doesn't seem normal for someone my age. I'm only 28. Healthy.
      Two of my doctors have told me that it isn't unusual for a nonspecific spot to be found on the MRI of an otherwise normal healthy adult. It's something that has come up frequently now that MRI's are being used regularly.

Since a small nonspecific spot can be found in almost anybody, the possible causes are probably too numerous to pursue. You might even have been born with it. But the bottom line is that it might not be anything but an incidental finding. It doesn't explain any of the symptoms you are having and may very well mean nothing.

That's why a lot of doctors don't even mention these little nonspecific findings - the person misunderstands that it doesn't have any significance and then freaks out over nothing. And the freaking out becomes a huge problem when the little thing that triggered it isn't a problem at all.

Your MRI's and symptoms don't point to MS. Your MRI's don't indicate any kind of disease.

There are still things to follow up on with your primary doctor, including some vitamin and mineral levels. You might follow up on possible carpal tunnel or some kind of peripheral mechanical nerve issue in your arms. If your chiropractor thinks you have a bulge in a disc in your neck, ask him more about it and why the neurologist felt is isn't enough to cause a problem.

And most of all please follow up with your primary doctor about the anxiety. Good luck!

Comment

Hi, I got copies of my bloodwork and it says my B-12 is 215. Is this low? It says the normal is greater than 133?

Comment

The b12 was measured in pmol/l. Just wondering if b12 defficiancy could be my problem. But the doctors said it was normal. But it does seem on the low side?

Comment

I just looked at my test which is measured the same as yours but the range is anything LOWER than 179 is deficient. Mine is 994 but I supplement every day.

Do you supplement?

Comment

No I don't. Maybe I will bring this up to my dr. I read that the guidelines were very low.

Comment

Might be a good idea to supplement. There is no known upper limit toxicity level for it.

Comment

Working...
                X