No announcement yet.

Falling Falling Falling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I fall all the time,but only backwards. My Dr told me they haven't come up with a RX for backwards falling,LOL.
    But I use a rolling walker around the house & wheelchair when out.
    I Joy's Of MS & old age I'm 65 & have been DX'ed for 10yrs.
    God Bless Nona Judy

Comment

Still Falling Falling Falling

Well it has been almost 2 yrs since I originally posted thread and..... I'm still falling at least once a month. It's the bathroom, the closet, on the sidewalk, on the grass, if I can walk on it I can fall on it. But thanks to my over-achiever childhood with milk and lots of calcium C & D, I have good bones and have not broken anything to date!!! My only problem is that insurance won't pay to outfit more safety bards in the house. They say I have to be "immobile". But if I was immobile why would I need the bars!
      My Cross To Bear Keeps Fallin Off

Comment

Every time I visit my Mom , she has new bruises from falling. She is in her mid 80's ( women and age is a don't ask , don't tell , policy ). She says a walker makes her feel old and if she can't get up , Dad lifts her right up. Dad is 92. Takes the UMP out of my complaining.

Comment

owlnona... U R Not alone.....(i'm 66)

I fall mostly back and to left...

Five years ago I fell and tore my left rotor cuff, then another fall and tore something else, both needed surgery.

Jan this year I fell and broke 5 ribs, back-left of course. Two days later my kidneys went into acute failure and that ment a few days on the Nurse Ratchet training ward, on IVs, Ox and morphine. When I was released from the hospital I was sent home with a nice shinny rollator.

I use a chair part-time, scooter for away from home and also use canes and rollator.

Gomer Sir Falls-a-lot

Comment

Gomer , for someone who falls a lot , you sure stand tall when you get back up.

Comment

Has anyone else noticed when you fall everything goes to slow motion, when I fall as soon as I start to fall down its like everything is 1/4 speed and I know what I am going to hit before it happens as soon as I land time goes back to normal.
              Plan for the future, but not too hard; it’s not your decision anyway

Comment

So Fall

Time slows down to me as I fall (just enough for me to utter a few choice words). Seems like I have time to go thru all sorts of futile efforts to keep from falling.

Comment

Didn't your mother tell you to drink your milk when you were a kid!
                  Gosh I hope I never injure myself as much as you, but if I do, I hope I have the same attitude as you! As for now, I guess we'll all keep Falling Falling and Falling, but we'll also keep getting up one way or another.

Originally posted by gomer View Post
                  owlnona... U R Not alone.....(i'm 66)

I fall mostly back and to left...

Five years ago I fell and tore my left rotor cuff, then another fall and tore something else, both needed surgery.

Jan this year I fell and broke 5 ribs, back-left of course. Two days later my kidneys went into acute failure and that ment a few days on the Nurse Ratchet training ward, on IVs, Ox and morphine. When I was released from the hospital I was sent home with a nice shinny rollator.

I use a chair part-time, scooter for away from home and also use canes and rollator.

Gomer Sir Falls-a-lot

Comment

Ready to fall with every step
                    Steve
                    sometimes you can't make it on your own

Comment

Working...
                    X